PDA

View Full Version : The Story of Halo 2

xboxgamer142
09-08-2002, 01:15 AM
This is my prediction of the story and conflict of Halo 2. It is mixed in with the official stuff, rumors, and my opinions.

Master Chief has gotten back from the ringworld Halo. The Covenant have over-run the military outpost of Reach of the Inner Colonies, one of the closest Colonies to Earth. Now the Covenant have discovered the location of Earth (oh, oh) and they have started detonating nuclear explosions all over the planet. I know this because in the trailer the planet is Earth, because the Moon is in the background. The entire Earth Fleet is wiped out and humanity's last hope is (once again) Master Chief. In the trailer, Master Chief jumps down to the Covenant Assault Carrier (that weird thing at the end of the trailer) not down to the surface of Earth, because if you watch closely, you will see the body of Master Chief reflected on the surface of the Covenant Assault Carrier. Then Master Chief will slaughter every last Covenant on that Assault Carrier. He will then take control of it and find information on the Covenant. He will pilot the Assault Carrier to a Covenant Military outpost. It is possible, because in the novel, Halo: The Fall of Reach, it said that the SPARTANs were supposed to "hijack" a Covenant ship and pilot it to a Covenant Military outpost, however that failed, because they were all killed apart from Master Chief, because Reach was taken over and Master Chief escaped with Captain Keyes and a group of Marines, however they failed again and were stuck on the ringworld called Halo. However, now they can continue with their original mission. It is also possible that Halo 2 will take place on another ringworld, because during the first game, it was said those flying robots (the Monitor people), built more ringworlds to protect them from the Flood or something like that. For everyone that has read the Halo novel, they are in luck because Halo 2 could be a lot like the novel. Master Chief's new weapon looks cool. I think it's an Assault Rifle + Pistol + Sniper.

GokuX
09-08-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by xboxgamer142

I know this because in the trailer the planet is Earth, because the Moon is in the background.

You don't need the moon to tell you, cuz you can see the United States.

Alien
09-08-2002, 08:41 AM
Wouldn't that be like awesome running around Chicago, New York, Vegas, DC, or any other city shooting up Covenant? Imagine it with destructible terrain...oh man...that would reek of sweetness...

E-Vader
09-08-2002, 09:06 AM
Hmmm Red Faction II is sounding very similar to Halo 2

Snapple
09-08-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Alien
Wouldn't that be like awesome running around Chicago, New York, Vegas, DC, or any other city shooting up Covenant? Imagine it with destructible terrain...oh man...that would reek of sweetness...

that would be awsome:eek:

hathornakt
09-08-2002, 10:01 AM
Perhaps since guilty spark (the flying robot thing) collected all that info about Humans during the Maw level, he spilled the beans to the Covenant about earth for revenge:p

XBOX Dude
09-08-2002, 11:17 AM
i don't know about you guys but i really don't like the idea of the world being nuked i mean the world looks screwed already whats the chief gonna do he's only one man, who knows maybe he finds a way to shut the conveant ships off or maybe he goes back to their homeworld and destorys it, maybe he even goes back in time to stop the attack some how. the annoying thing is we don't know and its going to soon consume every thought in our mind untill there is nothing left but a raving mad halo 2 fan which bill gates will use to create an insane army to take over the entire world or maybe not:eek:

Genocide
09-08-2002, 11:21 AM
Well... this is semi related.

Watch the trailer again. There's a definite place in washington state getting nuked.

Muahahahahahaaa! :p

largen101
09-08-2002, 02:27 PM
What place I can't tell.

Will someone please tell. :confused:

GokuX
09-08-2002, 10:58 PM
I'm guessing Halo is gonna be a Trilogy.

fausenbaug
09-09-2002, 02:54 PM
I hope it's not earth actually. Half the fun about Halo, I found, was discovering this new planet,Halo. If it's earth, I don't think it will be as intense.

I really want them to make a great sequel, I hope they don't botch it...

GokuX
09-09-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by fausenbaug
I hope it's not earth actually. Half the fun about Halo, I found, was discovering this new planet,Halo. If it's earth, I don't think it will be as intense.

I really want them to make a great sequel, I hope they don't botch it...

Watch the trailer again, it is earth. The United States is clearly visible.

fausenbaug
09-09-2002, 03:35 PM
Yeah, that's too bad. I have a feeling it's not going to be as good as the first one.

VAN
09-09-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Genocide
Well... this is semi related.

Watch the trailer again. There's a definite place in washington state getting nuked.

Muahahahahahaaa! :p

Yeah, in the trailer, Microsoft/Bungie Headquarters is obliterated. Clever.

GokuX
09-09-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA

Yeah, in the trailer, Microsoft/Bungie Headquarters is obliterated. Clever.

Haha so that's what that was supposed to be.