PDA

View Full Version : code book

whatsyourprob?
09-08-2002, 12:07 PM
can someone tell me how to get the codebook WITHOUT having to kill that lady? ive tried bribing, and it isnt working =[

ScorpionX
09-08-2002, 12:44 PM
You can her disposition up to 100 by either bribing her or admiring her. Thats how I did it. Make sure your speechcraft is at a high level or buy a charm spell at the Mages guild in Balmora.

SlightlySycho
09-08-2002, 01:26 PM
I think there's one more limitiation. I recently started over and made sure to join all three Imperial Guilds in Balmora. For those of you who don't know, you can't join the Thieves Guild if you've already joined the Fighter's Guild, at least past a certain point. I think that point is when you are sent to retrieve the Code Book from Sottilde. If you're a member of the Thieves Guild, she'll explain to you that they're at war with the Fighters Guild because they signed a pact with the Camona Tong, the Vvardenfel crime syndicate that wants to annihilate the Imperial Thieves Guild. She'll also indicate that you'll have to choose you sides at this point. I'm pretty sure that, at this point, the only means of getting the Code Book is to kill her. Of course, that will get you in trouble with the Thieves Guild. So, take you pick: advancement in the Fighters Guild (which, I'll admit, doesn't really give you anything you couldn't get on your own), or the ability to clear prices off your head (which I've heard can be accomplished through another means).

Of course, if you're not a member of the Thieves Guild and have no interest in joining, then just bribe Sottilde until she coughs up the Code Book.

whatsyourprob?
09-08-2002, 03:35 PM
thanks... from what i understand you can bribe it off her if you havent joined the thieves guild yet... but then you cant join the guild after that... and i saw no way of stealing it from her so the only choice i had was to taunt her into attacking me. =[

on to the next thread =]

CharlieHustle
09-08-2002, 04:30 PM
Thats not really true. Because i was and am in the thieves and fighters guild. Since i have low patience, and spent a lotta money on stottile which she never gave up the book. I decided to kill her after pickpocketing her unsuccessfully. I was at first kicked out of the thieves guild but i had a choice to make ammends with habassi. That and paying the debt off my head costed me a grip, but i was still in the thieves guild and i still had the code book, and the money i bribed her with. You will have to choose sides later, but not at that point. Also does the code book has any other significance in the game?? It seemed really importance. maybe a cheat or something.

whatsyourprob?
09-09-2002, 11:11 PM
Well I started over with a new character... when i arrived in balmora i joined the fighters and mages guilds. when i got to this quest i spent 300 in bribing the lady for the book, dropped it on the floor and joined the thieves guild, picked it back up and delivered it to the fighters guild...

but if you can make amends with the thieves guild, i wanted to try to steal the book, drop it, and run to the guild master to make amends to see if i could complete the quest and not be kicked out of the thieves guild, or have a low disposition with percius...

Duke
09-10-2002, 09:50 AM
You can still become the head of the fighters' guild without completing that quest. Just pick up jobs in Sadrith Mora and Ald' Ruhn.

I guess it depends on what side you want to be on though. I went w/ Percius Mercius, since I'd been killing a lot of Cammona Tong the whole time anyway.