PDA

View Full Version : Brute Force needs work!!

SquirrelJam
09-08-2002, 07:14 PM
I was so looking forward to this title. I just saw some newly released, "Brute Force" avi's at xbox.ign and I'm disappointed with what I saw. Of the 4 movies, Tex repeated the same comments in each one. God, i hope they change those... they're not even clever OR funny and they got old real fast. I don't like their third-person view either...it's too far away. They better fix that too. Overall, I am NOT impressed with how this title is looking. This title needs work! Brute Force is a "rental" at best and not a purchase at this point. GET TO WORK, Digital Anvil!!

What does everyone else think of the new Brute Force Movies?

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/370/370303p1.html

hook-worm J
09-08-2002, 08:14 PM
Those movies show only a fraction of the game... So I dont think you can say its a rental when you haven't seen all Brute Force has to offer.

SquirrelJam
09-09-2002, 03:52 PM
No need to defend Brute Force. The movies are quite revealing infact. For the first time, Brute Force movies are showing the "players" perspective. These are not "cut scenes" made for production hype. Bottomline, my points are valid and if unaddressed by Digital Anvil, my comment will stand; "Rental!" I'm just voicing my honest opinion and your comment contributes nothing. It's just your attempt to protect your own belief system of BF by discrediting my honest observations. Watch the movies for yourself and do it with a discerning eye. Be honest with yourself.. Halo's been out for a year now... Brute Force should at least match HALO's professional level in some form, don't you think? We must move forward, not backward. Just being able to switch characters, isn't enough... come on.

EHWfedPres
09-10-2002, 02:10 PM
Brute Force needs multiplayer, not that co-op crap.

ScorpionX
09-10-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Brute Force needs multiplayer, not that co-op crap.

It does have multiplayer.......

I am really dissapointed this will not support XBL, that is a real let down. I do think the game will be good, but no Halo killer like everyone claims, it not amazing. :D

studepaber
09-10-2002, 03:42 PM
I hope the game turns out better than what the movies showed (graphically and framerate-wise). They didn't do the game a bit of justice as they looked quite N64ish. I still have high expectations for this game and love the idea of 4 player co-op but I wasn't impressed a bit with those 4 movies. EHWfedPres the multiplayer should be good as up to 4 players can each control 4 player squads, 16 ppl at once, yay.

EHWfedPres
09-10-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Scorpion}{

It does have multiplayer.......

Will is be deathmatch style or stupid co-op crap like Hunter?
Although Hunter is a great game...

And will Brute Force be third person, or first...?

ScorpionX
09-10-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

And will Brute Force be third person, or first...?

Quote from Eric Roberts, producer of the game:

We also have squad deathmatch where you can take your squad against another player's squad and see who is the best tactician. There are also the usual modes such as team deathmatch and every man for himself.

And it is third person :( :(

hook-worm J
09-10-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by studepaber
They didn't do the game a bit of justice as they looked quite N64ish.

Keep in mind, those were small, low res movies....

wulff
09-10-2002, 07:49 PM

Pleeassee Hunter is pure repititous cheeze.It's so shallow it made me sick.GRAFX purty, but endless mind numbing dumb things made this weak title collect loads of dust after it was finished,then traded for a true game called ENCLAVE!!!

Gamer4TheAges
09-12-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by SquirrelJam
I was so looking forward to this title. I just saw some newly released, "Brute Force" avi's at xbox.ign and I'm disappointed with what I saw. Of the 4 movies, Tex repeated the same comments in each one. God, i hope they change those... they're not even clever OR funny and they got old real fast. I don't like their third-person view either...it's too far away. They better fix that too. Overall, I am NOT impressed with how this title is looking. This title needs work! Brute Force is a "rental" at best and not a purchase at this point. GET TO WORK, Digital Anvil!!

What does everyone else think of the new Brute Force Movies?

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/370/370303p1.html

Nice of you to make a hefty assumption on a product you've had no hands on experience with.
I can assure you that the control scheme as well as the visuals will be ready to go come release date. The 20 minutes I played at this years E3 put my expectations to rest.
The third person perspective is actually quite nice, and the camera can be angled and customized. Although the level i played is not going to be in the final game, it was basically ideal gameplay.
Saying this will be a rental at best is like saying Bin Laden should only get a slap on the wrist.

Shadow20002
09-13-2002, 01:27 PM
No need to battle for this Brute-Force. Now, it's OFFICIALLY been push back to early 2003. But i think they will add the multiplayer through Xbox Live.

studepaber
09-13-2002, 02:19 PM
I'm glad they're pushing it back in a way (hopefully to tweak out any nasty bugs) and if they do add Live options that would DEFINITELY make the delay all the worthwhile (I don't give a shiot about sys link as all of my friends are too cheap to buy xboxes). This way I guess I can buy more games in November as well, just as long as they don't all get delayed....

SquirrelJam
09-13-2002, 04:11 PM
This is good news. After seeing the first real movies from actual play, it was apparent that this game was destined for mediocracy. Thanks to those influential few who decided to make sure it was done right the first time!! I'll be happy to wait, if this means a better gaming experience!

Gamers4The Ages -- You spent a brief moment at the controls so now you're the expert? ...So your "expert" opinion is what the rest of us must abide by, is that it? I guess the rest of us, who haven't had your priviledged, hands-on experience, have no right to scrutinize any game? ...give me a break!

We're shelling out $50 a pop, we have every right in the world to make these observations, state our cases and do our best to make sure the developers are not schlepping us mediocre product! I vote with with my wallet and if the game isn't all that it's cracked up to be, I'm not going to buy it... no matter what you expect from others regarding your grand experience. Now, Brute Force has been delayed and for what reason?... they want to make sure that it's done right! I rest my case.

Lastly G4TA, I scoff at your ridiculous comparison of my honest criticisms of Brute Force to the brutal killer, Osama Bin Laden... absurd!

Gamer4TheAges
09-13-2002, 10:07 PM
You spent a brief moment at the controls so now you're the expert? ...So your "expert" opinion is what the rest of us must abide by, is that it? I guess the rest of us, who haven't had your priviledged, hands-on experience, have no right to scrutinize any game? ...give me a break!

grow up! i was giving my opinion.....:mad:

Spacewolf
09-14-2002, 08:27 PM
You spent a brief moment at the controls so now you're the expert? ...So your "expert" opinion is what the rest of us must abide by, is that it? I guess the rest of us, who haven't had your priviledged, hands-on experience, have no right to scrutinize any game? ...give me a break!

I would take the opinion of who played over one who just viewed a movie. In my experience the movies very rarely do the game justice. I think he is entitled to give his opinion just as you are allowed to do the same.

SquirrelJam
09-15-2002, 08:03 PM
GFTA -- I was originally giving my opinion before you came in and tried to disavow mine. I am entitled to my opinion as well. Grow up yourself!

Slacker
09-23-2002, 04:57 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!! this thread is funny,

Squirrel Jam states his opinion, then others state their opinion and He gets offended , first off I am going to go with Gamer4theages opinion and judgement of the game, because he played it, he didn't look at maybe four minutes of video and base his opinion on that, anyway if any of you remeber WHY microsoft delayed BF is because they wanted to make a perfect game, so stop whining about a game that doesn't come out until January,

Afro Aura
10-02-2002, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by wulff

Pleeassee Hunter is pure repititous cheeze.It's so shallow it made me sick.GRAFX purty, but endless mind numbing dumb things made this weak title collect loads of dust after it was finished,then traded for a true game called ENCLAVE!!!
man what you saying both games where shallow I had to play Enclave in god mode as I was so bored with the game I just did it to see the graphical changes as the game does have gorgoeus graphics but thats it