PDA

View Full Version : My problem with the controller...

Marc
11-09-2001, 10:27 AM
is that those little black and white buttons are just too d@mn hard to reach. I've ben trying to figure out which controller to use, but have had NO luck. We need to band together as a group and decide which controller is the best. Hell, maybe XBA could endorse a controller. I saw that one called the powerpad, and another beneath it on a post that looked cool, but which is the best? I guess it's just up to the individual, but I wold sure like some help with this dilemna. The controller is the only thing that makes me worry about this console. When I played Madden at EB it made the two smallest fingers of my right hand cramp up. Maybe it will just take a little getting used to in order to make those fingers stronger so they won't cramp up. Anyone got any ideas?

CyberBOMB
11-09-2001, 10:36 AM
Are you holding it wrong?
Trying to hold it in a wierd way?
Did you know you can change the position of the buttons in the options menu of the game?

Just a suggestion

scarecrow kfj
11-09-2001, 10:37 AM
I think every one has what they think is a good one.. I have bug hands so it gives me no trouble.. My best suggestion is just to go to a tore and look for a one that will fit your hands

Marc
11-09-2001, 10:40 AM
I remember that the first time I played Playstation it took a while to be comfortable with the L2 and R2 buttons. I think it was a good six months before I got the hang of it. It's probably the same situation. It'll just take some getting used to. I'm not overly concerned about it, but if there's an easier controller to use, I'm all for that. I am just too used to the Dualshock controller. I don' t think Dualshock is better, but when you've played one thing for eight years and switch to a new thing, the new ting will definately take some getting used to.

mojo__31
11-09-2001, 10:43 AM
After looking at them all, the Thrustmaster U-Pad looks to be the easiest to reach everything, I am going to buy one.

l Maximus l
11-09-2001, 11:13 AM
LOL...it sounds like you need to do some finger excercises to strengthen up those fingers! I highly recommend doing finger lifts with atleast 6 lbs. That would include finger curls, finger bench press, and finger lat pullls :D

No, but seriously, I remember that I absolutely HATED the N64 controllers and then after a couple months, they were my favorite controllers that I have ever played on. You just have to get used to them...give it a couple months and you will probably look back and wonder what the hell you were thinking! :p

-Max

scarecrow kfj
11-09-2001, 11:24 AM
My favorite were DC's I never liked the 64s controllers. I still have it but the controllers were to bulky not to big just to bulky..

l Maximus l
11-09-2001, 11:48 AM
Scarecrow...good point...It's my opinion that the XBox controllers have both of the best features found on the DC controllers and the N64 controllers. I really liked the DC controllers, except that they were a little to straight...I like how the XBox controller bows out making it so your elbows don't have to touch! Know what I mean?

scarecrow kfj
11-09-2001, 12:36 PM
I think the DC had the best before the box now I like the box I just need to get used to them

mattcoxonline
11-10-2001, 05:34 PM
Here;s the Japenese controller, the balck and white buttons have been moved, and so have the start and back buttons.....
I think this looks a lot better.......

benz_300sl
11-10-2001, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Marc
is that those little black and white buttons are just too d@mn hard to reach.
The black and white buttons are not main buttons like the others.

This is what Official XBox Magazine: November 2001 said about them:
If you are using the Game COmmander, the black and white buttons will have the same uses in almost every game. Push one and you'll be able to talk directly to your team. Push the other and you can broadcast to everyone in the game.

Understand?:D

tbird
11-10-2001, 08:06 PM
The controller definately felt weird at the begining at unleashed but I got used to it.. It actually felt like a DC controller mixed with the Jaguars size..

Either way it was ggod.. I can't complainnow since I've ordered 2 in my bundle fo my 2 year old son won't take mine...

Enjoy..

VODKA
11-10-2001, 08:08 PM
the contoller looks like an DC and 64 put together.

made for a man like hand and not for children

GreenFire
11-10-2001, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by VODKA
the contoller looks like an DC and 64 put together.

made for a man like hand and not for children

That shows that the Xbox is geared more toward the older crowd...

VODKA
11-10-2001, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by GreenFire

That shows that the Xbox is geared more toward the older crowd...

yea look at the GC it has more kiddie games then before.. just like the nintendo creator said.. he doesn't like violence

kiz10
11-10-2001, 08:43 PM
Go down to your local video gaming store and ask them if u can try out some third party controllers. While u are there, they might give u a long shot at the Xbox.

- Kiz

mattcoxonline
11-11-2001, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by VODKA

yea look at the GC it has more kiddie games then before.. just like the nintendo creator said.. he doesn't like violence

He also said that Zedla looked too grown up and thats why he's made it cell shaded, which made it look crap.....

Nintendo - when will you learn ?!?

VODKA
11-11-2001, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by mattcoxonline

He also said that Zedla looked too grown up and thats why he's made it cell shaded, which made it look crap.....

Nintendo - when will you learn ?!?

yea nintendo games are so boring.. but not too the young

Marc
11-12-2001, 03:07 PM
The problem was when I was playing madden and trying to hit the white or black receiver. The japanese controller looks sweet, though. I definately want one of those...

mojo__31
11-12-2001, 03:11 PM
The Pelican brand controllers are supposed to be a bit smaller, check them out at http://www.pelicanacc.com/