PDA

View Full Version : The Thing VS Silent Hill 2

laughs
09-08-2002, 09:27 PM
Hey Yoooooo!!!! Just wondering what you guys like better....Silent Hill 2 or The Thing.

1. Which has the best graphics?
2. Which has the best story?
3. Which is spookier?
4. Which is longer?
5. Which has the best replay value?
6. Which has the best gameplay?
7. What would you give both out of 10?

MixMasta
09-08-2002, 09:45 PM
havent played the thing, but from what i know about silent hill(since i own it) it has good gaphics, a good story, sounds make it spooky, take about 7 hours to beat, has different endings, and stuff to unlock, has good gameplay(its fun) and id give it an 8.5 out of 10. you can probably pick it up for cheap since its old, but i like it, buy it used!

Animal
09-08-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by laughs2907
Hey Yoooooo!!!! Just wondering what you guys like better....Silent Hill 2 or The Thing.

3. Which is spookier?
4. Which is longer?

Silent Hill Has Been Out For A While ;)

pounder
09-09-2002, 01:22 AM
well both pkay about the same..gameplay leaves alot to be desired..theres more fighting in the thing..SH2 is definitly spookier..the stories are both good..SH2 has 2 stories and like 7 endings..as far as ive heard the thing is short with no alternate endings..SH2 is longer from what ive heard..graphics are about the same..actually SH2 scenes are much smoother..the thing ticks..and finally id give SH2 a 9 and the thing an 8..i bough the thing from eb games and will probably exchange it for DTR, turok or enclave..have to see..i think ill have it beat in 10 days..

redrum237
09-09-2002, 03:21 AM
Here my thoughts on the games

While both are good, they still have there problems, The Thing is a little bit "ticky" but other then that look pretty good. Silent Hill has a small draw distance (I know its suppoesed to be that way, but still brings the grapics down) so I'd say the thing is more clear on graphics.

Well I havent completed either of them yet, but IMO I like games about zombies and living dead more then the aleins, so ill go with Silent Hill on this one.

3. Which is spookier?
I have to say ive jumped more at Thing, then Silent Hill, and the heart beat controler rumble thing is great, add so much to the game.

4. Which is longer?
I havent completed either, so I don't know.

Neither have multiplayer, and The Thing has nothing extra, but Silent Hill for XBOX has that extra part, so ill go with Silent Hill.

The Thing, its camera and controls (not the default) are very good like any good 3rd person shooter (accept i wish i could shoot with the trigger instead of the A button) and the squad based stuff is very cool.

Silent Hill = 7
The Thing = 8.5

Evil_InsidE
09-09-2002, 09:41 AM
redrum237: Firing with the triggers is the default controller setup on The Thing. Have you changed it? I've been playing the game since it came out, and my setup is:

right trigger - fire weapon
left trigger - used item/throw grenade
A - enter first-person aim mode
B - manage squad
X - pickup items/activate switches
Y - weapons menu

Look in the control options menu for alternate setups.

pounder
09-09-2002, 10:46 AM
yeah I use the trigger to shoot also..it was set up that way

Evil_InsidE
09-09-2002, 11:19 AM
pounder:

***slight spoiler...maybe***

Did you get to the sleeping quarters level yet? Lots of action. I spent like 4 hours walking around the 4 rooms killing Things trying to figure out how to get out of the building.

redrum237
09-09-2002, 01:21 PM
Yeah I know, but those control schemes make it hard to control your movement IMO, but im fine with how it is.