PDA

View Full Version : NOS in Sega GT 2002

dpw84
09-09-2002, 10:40 AM
Does anyone know why the NOS is not available all the time? I have bought it and then its gone for awhile and then it will show up again.

Halo Evolved
09-09-2002, 12:26 PM
you mean the turbo upgrade? If you buy the NA tuneup you cannot purchase the turbo upgrade....be mindful of what you purchase for the car.

dpw84
09-09-2002, 12:57 PM
No i mean sometimes i goto used car parts and there is any extra box with ?? or ??? cant remeber...but when u select it u can buy NOS or Nitro for ur car

nimm
09-09-2002, 05:19 PM
i know what ur talking about ... perhaps it is not always there because it is a "used" parts store and so the availability is limited? ... also, the "Nos" thingie appears to only be functional in drag racing ... at least that’s as far as i can tell ... it flashes on and off but i don't notice a huge increase in performance - am i missing something here?

Omega Red
09-09-2002, 11:28 PM
Finally..... someone has seen the NOS bottle besides me.... lol I thought something was wrong with my CD. I got it for my RX-7 and haven't seen it since. Also do you know how to use it??? I see a bottle icon when i drag race but thats about it

nimm
09-09-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Omega Red
Finally..... someone has seen the NOS bottle besides me.... lol I thought something was wrong with my CD. I got it for my RX-7 and haven't seen it since. Also do you know how to use it??? I see a bottle icon when i drag race but thats about it

hmm - i was under the impression that it was automatic - kinda like with the 'turbo' ... but if you have to actually activate the 'nos' - that would explain why i can't see any increase in the performance.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

dpw84
09-10-2002, 08:10 AM
i think that you press or hold down the Y button cause when i did the mph was goin up pretty fast...i am not sure though

Halo Evolved
09-11-2002, 02:44 PM
If you are dragging with the GT COncept use the NOS in the final gear. But if you're getting blow out at the start use it when you can.....my GT is all the way suped and I ran a 7.991 in the Drag.

EHWfedPres
09-12-2002, 02:04 AM
so there is Nitrous in Sega GT 02?

Integra Man
09-12-2002, 11:13 AM
ok guys u need dto understand

no nos with out turbo. no mods without a turbo engine. be very selective on which car u pick.

Ebone
09-12-2002, 01:15 PM
Can someone please CLEARLY explain this to me... I'm about to get this game tomarrow, and I want to know what it takes to NOS a car, and how do you activate it? Thanks in advance

Integra Man
09-12-2002, 02:48 PM
well ill find out. thats what i just heard today. i never even knew that was NOS. but if there IS nos it only works on cars with Turbo. u cant have NOS without turbo

nimm
09-12-2002, 02:53 PM
yeah there is nitro -- but its very illusive ... only few cars can take it and it appears and disappears at odd times (from my experience anyway) .... there are some parts that are only available to certain cars ... for instance the turbine step 3 is available for the GT concept and the Supra and skyline (to name just a few) but is not available to the charger or the camoro z28 or the corvette z06 (again, just to name a few) and some cars you can't even add a turbine to ... like the ford gt (i think)

ohh and as "dpw84" said - use the 'Y' button to activate the nos on the dragstip (the bottle would be flashing) - its pretty cool actually :P

Ebone
09-12-2002, 04:44 PM
"well ill find out. thats what i just heard today. i never even knew that was NOS. but if there IS nos it only works on cars with Turbo. u cant have NOS without turbo"
In REAL life you don't need turbo to have NOS

nimm
09-12-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Ebone
[BIn REAL life you don't need turbo to have NOS [/B]

that’s true .. turbos are really difficult to install properly (from what i hear) and are a bit of a pain to maintain ... thus you don't see a whole lot of cars with turbo - especially after-market. however there are plenty of cars employing the power of nitrous oxide and cold air intake systems ... along with superchargers and etc. etc. etc. .... without giving any thought to turbo.

and actually i am not completely sure that you must have turbo before having NOS in this game … if i remember right, i bought NOS for a hatchback before it had a turbine upgrade. granted the car supported the turbo upgrade ... supporting turbo might be the key, (but i doubt it) ...

however - this whole NOS thing is still mysterious to me ... i think SEGA should have made nos available in the regular store ... along with things like cold air .. and superchargers .. and just more parts to play with - to give some MORE options to tinker with :P

EHWfedPres
09-14-2002, 10:31 PM
All that Nos does is double the horsepower of the vehicle, so as long as your car can handle it, then you should be able to add as much nitrous as you want to.

carlbme
09-16-2002, 10:19 PM
So far i've only been able to get NOS once. That was with my CelicaII.

It sucks if I can't add it to my charger or my Z06 :(

nemesYs
09-17-2002, 02:21 PM
quit complaining man.. I haven't even seen it once in my game.

Kortiz
09-17-2002, 11:58 PM
hehe me neither, i havent seen it once. oh and this Super Seven car is sooo friggen fast it got a 7.863 in the drag strip, I WASNT THE DRIVER though, waxed my GT90, 1076hp and this thing sucks. oh well good thing they made up with the GT Concept.

but i still dont understand how the Super Seven is doing 7. quarter miles. /boggle

Boomer
09-21-2002, 03:05 PM
There is NOS in this game I have bought 4 times. you have to go into the used parts garage on a day that ends in 6 (ex:16, 86, 156) it has been said you have to visit the used parts garage 3 days before the (ex:13, 83,153) but I don't think you have to. hope this helps most of yous.

ibloshtup
09-24-2002, 10:32 AM
I have had nos before. you can only use it once and its not always there on a 6 day. just when you have lost any 3 days prior.