PDA

View Full Version : Sega Gt 2002

WuR WyDe HuStLa
09-09-2002, 07:24 PM
Sega GT 2002
i rented this game and its the best racing sim ive ever played...its JUST like gran turismo 3 but the graphics are juiced up way more...light reflects of the rear windsheild and you can see the reflection of tree branches on it as you pass...light effects are beyond real...evreyone that has xbox must at least try this game...its basically the same as gran turismo with way more features like taking pictures during you replays and hanging them up in your garage by the trophies you win by coming in first on certain races...its a definite BUY if you liked gran turismo...which i LOVED gran turismo 1-3...i almost bought a ps2 because of GT3 but this game tops it...

10/10

Animal
09-09-2002, 10:14 PM
Go write a Review ;)

WuR WyDe HuStLa
09-10-2002, 02:37 PM
oh yea i forgot...im still kinda new to this thing:eek:

Carnage
09-13-2002, 07:49 PM
pfft id have to disagree with you there man. Theres hardly any depth at all in SegaGT

With GT3, there were so many more car upgrades. Some of which, actually buggered your car. With SegaGT, every upgrade you make improves your car a little bit more, until youve made every upgrade, and the car is as good as it can be.
Granted, i havent played GT3 for awhile (mostly because i dont have a ps2), but i remember that game being hard.. LONG and hard. SegaGT on the other hand.. blah, beat it in like 25 hours. What kinda depth is that?!

Its a great game! dont get me wrong.. it just wasnt nearly long enough

EHWfedPres
09-13-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Carnage
pfft id have to disagree with you there man. Theres hardly any depth at all in SegaGT

With GT3, there were so many more car upgrades. Some of which, actually buggered your car. With SegaGT, every upgrade you make improves your car a little bit more, until youve made every upgrade, and the car is as good as it can be.
Granted, i havent played GT3 for awhile (mostly because i dont have a ps2), but i remember that game being hard.. LONG and hard. SegaGT on the other hand.. blah, beat it in like 25 hours. What kinda depth is that?!

Its a great game! dont get me wrong.. it just wasnt nearly long enough

Why would you buy a game for the sole purpose of completion? I buy games to have fun...like most other people...

Carnage
09-13-2002, 08:11 PM
k, obviously thats what i bought it for as well

but wheres the fun in a game after youve beat it?
the 1on1 mulitplayer could be fun, cept my bro sucks. lol
theres no replay in this game..

zfBRAT
09-14-2002, 06:26 PM
I wanna get SegaGT for the simple fact that I messed up all my cars in GT3 by purchasing the wrong upgrades...lol! I don't know jack about cars, so I figure it'd be nice to be improving the car rather than making it bounce too much...lol!

nimm
09-14-2002, 07:17 PM
i think this game is fun - i am still enjoying it a lot.

sega GT feels very incomplete though - you just get that feeling when you play it all the way (well i do anyway) ... feels like there should be more but there isn't ... i have a suspicion that sega did this "on purpose" because of the add-on disk. -- stupid IMHO.

i remember someone saying that the add-on disk was confirmed (in some forum on here) ... i think that will give all the depth to this game that we all crave so much - i would hope to see some more manufacturers, more upgrades and 2 more seasons (at least) - with NEW tracks - and more of em!!!! ... also the support for XBL.... there is still much HopE for this game ..

i don't think the add-on would feature improved AI or anything like that - that would be for the GT2k3 - but more content would still be sweet.

NitroNeon
09-15-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by WuR WyDe HuStLa
Sega GT 2002
i rented this game and its the best racing sim ive ever played...its JUST like gran turismo 3 but the graphics are juiced up way more...light reflects of the rear windsheild and you can see the reflection of tree branches on it as you pass...light effects are beyond real...evreyone that has xbox must at least try this game...its basically the same as gran turismo with way more features like taking pictures during you replays and hanging them up in your garage by the trophies you win by coming in first on certain races...its a definite BUY if you liked gran turismo...which i LOVED gran turismo 1-3...i almost bought a ps2 because of GT3 but this game tops it...

10/10
I can't believe that everyone says the graphics are great there far from Xbox quality. The backgrounds look so fake ad the 2d people are worse. I think the grahics are ok,but not great.:p I don't have a PS2,but I know that gt3 has better graphics.

zfBRAT
09-16-2002, 08:03 PM
Every new system that comes out has to wait for game makers to figure out just how great a system they're building games for. PS2 has been top dog, until Xbox swooped through. Game makers are still making PS2 quality graphics on the Xbox, because they do not know how to better their product. That takes time. For now, we just hafta deal with what we're dealt.

Let's just hope a better system doesn't come out before the game makers get their stuff together.

Carnage
09-17-2002, 07:02 PM
agreed zfbrat. Its like comparing Mario 64 with Perfect Dark. Same system.. but much improved graphics for Perfect Dark. Give em some time to figure the system out :)

Save me Jebus
09-22-2002, 10:37 AM
i think this is a great game but get ****ed because when i got the c license and went back to an event race the cars were like 8 times faster...what the fart is up wit taht?

wht should i buy for my second car??

Woocifer
09-22-2002, 03:51 PM
Get the Lotus Elise Exige and soup it up until you have everything for it...I guarantee that will take you VERY far in the game. Then get the GT concept and build that up...then you won't want to play anymore because that car destroys everything.

Carnage
09-22-2002, 04:30 PM
2nd car i bought was the RX7. heh just cause its gorgeous and id love to own one in real life :)

I souped that as much as i could, and it took me as far as the Ford Concept. Once you get the concept, the games over. youve won! ;)

bob808
09-29-2002, 04:50 PM
I have this game and it is a darn good racing sim. I also enjoyed gt3 for ps2 and i think that gt3 has more depth with more cars and tracks and more upgrades. Sega gt 2002 is a great start and i think that next year they will improve on the graphics even more and hopefully implement online racing. That would be the sweetest. Talk abour replay value!!! I want to race against five real people on xbox live!

XBOX is the shiznit!

Morrowind and Enclave rule!

Unreal
10-07-2002, 10:53 AM
I picked this game and I am enjoying it alot. It's one of the better racers this year. Now the Xbox has Project Gotham Racing, RalliSport Challenge and now Sega GT 2002.