PDA

View Full Version : In honor of 9/11 will you.......

CrazyCougar
09-09-2002, 09:32 PM
In honor of 9/11 would you consider not playing your Xbox for the entire day on Wednesday September 11, 2002. In our own way this would represent a moment of silence for our fallen heroes and victims in that horrible act of terrorism. I for one will be in New York to pay my respects to htose that died including my uncle so I will definitely not be playing my Xbox on this day. I hope that many of you no mattr what age will do the same and remember that unforgetable day.

Post your name here if you will take place in this memorial.

I'll start the list.

1. CrazyCougar (Rick)

God Bless the USA and all of you.

Rusted Gundam
09-09-2002, 09:40 PM
I'll still play my xbox and still remember the people of 9/11.. My brain can work doing two things.. I R GIFTED :)

ShannonX
09-09-2002, 09:43 PM
I'll do that. Also, i'll drive with my lights on all day as another way to show my rememberance.

Rusted Gundam
09-09-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
I'll do that. Also, i'll drive with my lights on all day as another way to show my rememberance.

good idea.

laughs
09-09-2002, 10:01 PM
Bin Ladin and all who had anything to do with, or believe what was done is ok...is nothing but pure popcicle pete eating *******s. But turning off your xbox for the day really accomplishes nothing. I suggest we all go hunting for Ladins A$$. Show that buttmonkey a horny goat and we got him:p

Animal
09-09-2002, 10:09 PM
September 11 is on Wendsday

Kooster
09-09-2002, 10:14 PM
hmm.....i really dont want to not play xbox on sept. 11... i just got sega gt 2002. I am going to remember the ppl who died, but not stop my fun, daily activities. If i stop them, then it means the terrorists have won and made me unhappy because i cant play my xbox... :p

CajunIsRagin
09-09-2002, 11:37 PM
I will lite a candle.

But sorry, Still gonna play my X Box. I need to solve DTR. :D

Woocifer
09-10-2002, 12:18 AM
This thread is obscene...

Why do you want to know what people think of this? It's a huge political mess and really asking opinions on the matter is going to cause a huge emotional twist...personally I am sick of hearing about the disaster. I realise it happened, I watched it happen, it was mind blowing, it was more than unfortunate for those who passed away and even more for those who have to exist without them...

But asking if the worth of mourning the anniversary of a horrific terrorist attack is enough to be ignored or set aside because of xbox is rediculous. Some people mourn at funerals, some party...its just how you feel right?

I don't want to watch all the wonderful coverage of the buildings falling down...Actually I'm sick of seeing it over and over again. It's not mean or ignorant or anything like that... watching jews be punished and tortured for nothing on old war footage is very disturbing, but you don't see me wanting to watch it over and over again to remember that it happened...that's just disgusting. I realise it did and that the situation should be avoided in the future. But let the dead lie, otherwise it will fester and be very unhealthy.

I'd rather focus on what is being done to prevent this...maybe a statement from the UN on the situation, maybe positive reinforcement that the people that are being killed are really the blood thirsty and not people that have nothing to live for anymore.

What will I be doing on Sept 11th? Living...that's about it. Anniversaries give people an excuse to forget 364 days of the year...for those mourning the loss of a friend or family member...well its a much more weighted question...

So for the love of christ and everyone deceased...LEAVE IT ALONE!

Reclaimer
09-10-2002, 03:49 AM
Look..

I'm not going to watch those mind numbing TV specials. I'm not going to greive about it anymore.

It's time to live on. I'm going to do my part. I'm going to work and I'm going to make sure it doesn't happen again in my city.
I'm going to walk tall and proud to be an American. I am not scared. I am not in fear of another attack. I will not alter the course of my life because the terrorists want me to. I refuse to live in fear. I wish nobody will watch those tv shows. Why do you need to be reminded of what happened? How does putting down the game controller effect anything? What you need to do is live on. Live and be happy. We already witnessed the horror. We already mourned. No more. I have my own thing to take care of. If you watch that show, the terrorists won. They want you to watch that show. They want you to say, "They got us bad." The bad guys want you to feel all the things you felt a year ago again. Because their point that they made will forever be made everytime you refuse to let it go. That's all they wanted. They wanted to come here and cause so much physical and emotional damage that we Americans will never be the same. You can not forget what happened, but you can move on with your life though. You want to do something. Take care of someone. Give to a charity. Do something special for your community. A great deal of people gave their lives to save another. Everyday people who wanted to make a difference chose to become Policemen and Firemen. They wanted to help. They wanted to make their community special and safe. They died in the process. Thank a policeman or a firefighter when you see one. Thank him/her for doing what they do.

FuNkY mOnK
09-10-2002, 06:06 AM
There’s reasons they play this media every now and then, and one is never to let us get soft about what happened that day, it gives politics 100% backup for any carnage they inflict and tips the scales away from liberals. To be a politic leader you have to be a war pig, and it is this standard that is threatening the extinction of our race. Our days are numbered, live life to the fullest.

Highlite23
09-10-2002, 08:04 AM
To each his own, i appreciate the sentiment of this thread but i feel every individual should do what he or she feels is appropriate if anything at all.

Morn, cry, raise a flag, do nothing. It's entirelly up to you.

Personaly i may say a little prayer in the morning and when i walk out my door take a deep breath of freedom and be thankfull.

mahalan
09-10-2002, 08:18 AM
I've got to agree with Woocifer and Reclaimer.

This topic is the most ridiculous one I've seen on these boards to date. That's saying a lot.

What was done on September 11th was terrible. It's a shame that a handful of weak-minded individuals could be motivated into perpetrating something so awful.

That being said, making a small personal sacrifice that does nobody any good is the most ridiculous thing any of us could do.

There's a simple reason why the media keeps hyping this event. It generates ratings. It draws people to the tube and gets them to buy magazines and newspapers without having to spend money on new content (e.g. new television shows). They are doing nothing more than capitalizing on a tragedy. The Red Cross is just as guilty of doing this. Now, the Bush administration is doing the same. Let's use 9/11 as an excuse to get rid of an international thorn in our side and draw peoples' attention away from the fact that we've exascerbated an economic downturn with ridiculous "safety" measures.

Want to really get back at the extremists who want to see America fail? Go live happy and productive lives. This is exactly what they don't want us to do.

xboxtito
09-10-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Woocifer
This thread is obscene...

Why do you want to know what people think of this? It's a huge political mess and really asking opinions on the matter is going to cause a huge emotional twist...personally I am sick of hearing about the disaster. I realise it happened, I watched it happen, it was mind blowing, it was more than unfortunate for those who passed away and even more for those who have to exist without them...

But asking if the worth of mourning the anniversary of a horrific terrorist attack is enough to be ignored or set aside because of xbox is rediculous. Some people mourn at funerals, some party...its just how you feel right?

I don't want to watch all the wonderful coverage of the buildings falling down...Actually I'm sick of seeing it over and over again. It's not mean or ignorant or anything like that... watching jews be punished and tortured for nothing on old war footage is very disturbing, but you don't see me wanting to watch it over and over again to remember that it happened...that's just disgusting. I realise it did and that the situation should be avoided in the future. But let the dead lie, otherwise it will fester and be very unhealthy.

I'd rather focus on what is being done to prevent this...maybe a statement from the UN on the situation, maybe positive reinforcement that the people that are being killed are really the blood thirsty and not people that have nothing to live for anymore.

What will I be doing on Sept 11th? Living...that's about it. Anniversaries give people an excuse to forget 364 days of the year...for those mourning the loss of a friend or family member...well its a much more weighted question...

So for the love of christ and everyone deceased...LEAVE IT ALONE!

"making a small personal sacrifice that does nobody any good is the most
ridiculous thing any of us could do." -Mahalan
It is a personal gesture...its not something being forced upon you. You
should not talk down upon those who choose this method as their own PERSONAL
tribute...

"But asking if the worth of mourning the anniversary of a horrific terrorist
attack is enough to be ignored or set aside because of xbox is ridiculous"
-Woocifer
You are Canadian. I really don't think nor expect you to feel the way many
of us do. I believe if it had happened in Toronto, you may feel differently.

"How does putting down the game controller effect anything?" -Reclaimer343
Again, it's a personal tribute; a personal statement. This is America...if
you choose not to participate, its up to you. It could be seen as your own
personal tribute to get on with your life.

"You can not forget what happened, but you can move on with your life
though. You want to do something. Take care of someone. Give to a charity.
Do something special for your community. A great deal of people gave their
lives to save another. Everyday people who wanted to make a difference chose
to become Policemen and Firemen. They wanted to help. They wanted to make
their community special and safe. They died in the process. Thank a
policeman or a firefighter when you see one. Thank him/her for doing what
they do." -Reclaimer343
Beautifully said...

Slacker
09-10-2002, 01:01 PM
I would if everbody remebers the hundresd of thousands of people we vaporized in Hiroshima or the Millions of Iraqi children we have starved by santcions , or the Holocaust we committed on the native americans and African americans , or the fact we wholy support Isreal who has a Racist govenerment, who is anti-arab, or the fact the whole Afghan war is just a cover up to get a pipeline through the country, Russia has become the worlds Leading producer of Oil, because of the Caspian sea oil fields , and america just wants a piece, I feel sorry for the two thousand or people who died, but I also have to think of the millions of innocent people America has killed, can't really be to "Proud" about that , amerca needs a reform back to what it should be ,

xboxtito
09-10-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Slacker
I would if everbody remebers the hundresd of thousands of people we vaporized in Hiroshima or the Millions of Iraqi children we have starved by santcions , or the Holocaust we committed on the native americans and African americans , or the fact we wholy support Isreal who has a Racist govenerment, who is anti-arab, or the fact the whole Afghan war is just a cover up to get a pipeline through the country, Russia has become the worlds Leading producer of Oil, because of the Caspian sea oil fields , and america just wants a piece, I feel sorry for the two thousand or people who died, but I also have to think of the millions of innocent people America has killed, can't really be to "Proud" about that , amerca needs a reform back to what it should be ,

which is?????? what? what is your point?

DZNUTZ
09-10-2002, 05:30 PM
without reading the entirety of everyones posts...i do think that not playing your xbox is a stupid idea....i might not play my xbox on the 11th..but it would have no coralation whatsoeva...which is y this idea baffles me.

anyways...i also think its preety pathetic that the posts shows 4 people said they dont' care about 9/11.....i bet that wouldn't be the case if one of their loved ones died that day.

laughs
09-10-2002, 05:41 PM
DZNUTZ........I agree with you 100%.......I can't even believe not giving a damn would even be an option!!!! And what does not playing your XBOX accomplish......NOTHING!!!! Its stupid.

Nameless
09-10-2002, 05:59 PM
I just wanna know how many of you ppl on these boards actually had pride in your country before Sept.11. Honestly now ppl. Yes it was a tragic event that happened but your media and all the other media around the world is makin money off this tragedy which is sickening and a huge insult to all those who died that day. Turning off you damn Xbox or driving with your lights on all day will do nothing, if you want to show real pride and real respect do something meaningful. Join the army your so proud of, and make a different instead of making threads about turning off your Xbox...

Rusted Gundam
09-10-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Slacker

Well unfortunally you only know one side of the story. Japanese was a very strong country back then. We told them weeks before we were gonna send a nuke if they didnt surrender. Its there own fault,because were were "Hey, we got a big bomb.. We dont know what it does but we know its big like a mega bomb.. We'll use it if dont surrender" Thats the idea of the conversation. So, they didnt surrender and we bomb one city. They still didnt surrender so we bomb another. Funny thing is we had units around japanese islands if they werent gonna surrender then they would go in.. My grampa was going to be one of the first party sent to invade japan. So forutanlly they did surrender and I was able to live later in life. It was our fault we nuked japan,but it isnt our fault that we did it. Im sure if your life was on the line you would thank god that we did bomb japan.

mrmp3
09-10-2002, 06:49 PM
First off, I think this thread is a stupid gesture towards respect for 9/11. There are many days I don't play my Xbox so why would not playing it tommorow make a difference? Second, people's opinions are going to get misinterpreted and I may or may not have, but the way Woocifer was talking he talked it sounded like he was saying BLAH BLAH get over it! Listen to me, my uncle was 4 blocks away from the damn thing and although 4 blocks in NYC is like a country mile in a sense, he could've been killed. My other uncle is a police officer. I found it sickening they didn't cancel the rest of school. They gave us such a brief description. Nothing about buildings collapsing or people dying. Just 2 planes hit the twin towers. When I got home though, both the towers were down. My school should've been ashamed of not letting me go home and comfort my family who were all born in NYC (except my 7 year old now 8 sister). I couldn't even think the rest of the day and half my teachers didn't give a ****. I got yelled at for not-partaking in class and I almost lost it I couldn't think about anything except "Are people dead?" and "How are my uncles?" My uncle luckily wasn't called in until around 6:00 to Ground Zero (thank god). I was born in NYC and although I did move when I was very little, I still visited relatives in NYC almost every month. So 9/11 was much more personal to me than prob to u as you are a canadian and I don't like hearing **** like LEAVE IT ALONE. Once you think about the severity of it, you should never forget. True, you should go on with your lives and not let it scare you but remember how close to home it was. True there are prob people on this board that lost family members and lived in NYC so I'm just speaking on my behalf not theirs. The purpose of showing tribute is letting people know about it and I don't a single person would give a flying f*ck that I'm showing tribute by not playing my Xbox. That is the most stupid f*ckin idea I've ever heard! I also agree about TV getting ratings. I wanna vommit every damn time I see the FOX or MTV commercial about 9/11. Now it's OBVIOUS MTV is looking for merely ratings. Why? Because all the viewers came to watch stuff about music, not tragedy. So what do they do? How music has changed since 9/11. HONEST TO GOD THAT SHOWS NO RESPECT WHATSOEVER! It talked about 9/11 for 5 minutes, then began talking about Britney and rappers etc. This shouldn't be somethin they air NOW to show repsect, this shoulda been aired anytime after Jan. 2003. Plus MTV is located in NYC and I know a lot of the people there prob give a ****, but the "suits" prob said *NAAHHHHHHH..let's do somethin about music instead!" I also see the FOX ad. WTF? These are the people who bring terrible news and have Temptaion Island. FOX is known for signing really bad shows on their network while some are good (Simpsons, etc.) Sorry for being ill-tempered. As for those who voted on the poll "I don't care about 9/11", I hope to god your not an American cause seriously something is wrong with you if you don't even give a shred of concern.

*edit* Now that I think about it, I think it's good MTV covers the ascept of how music was effected from 9/11 merely because that's what there station is about. I just think however, they talk more about the music than they talk about the actual event that effected it. It would be like saying ESPN shouldn't be talking about sports and 9/11 and just 9/11. They are a sports station. The only reason why i prefer the ESPN doing it is cause the atheletes did a ton to aid 9/11. Very few people you'd see on MTV (i'd presume) aided in 9/11. They more or less did shout-outs and regards. People like Paul McCartney and Billy Joel etc. and some actors helped out a ton. However, I still think FOX shouldn't do it as they could make their special worse than a temptation island 5.

Slacker
09-10-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Rusted Gundam

Well unfortunally you only know one side of the story. Japanese was a very strong country back then. We told them weeks before we were gonna send a nuke if they didnt surrender. Its there own fault,because were were "Hey, we got a big bomb.. We dont know what it does but we know its big like a mega bomb.. We'll use it if dont surrender" Thats the idea of the conversation. So, they didnt surrender and we bomb one city. They still didnt surrender so we bomb another. Funny thing is we had units around japanese islands if they werent gonna surrender then they would go in.. My grampa was going to be one of the first party sent to invade japan. So forutanlly they did surrender and I was able to live later in life. It was our fault we nuked japan,but it isnt our fault that we did it. Im sure if your life was on the line you would thank god that we did bomb japan.

Yeah I know we had the Island surrounded , we had every Island contained from Hawiai to Okinawa, so what was the point of Nuking them, if we had them surrounded, Oh thats right a few thousand americans soldiers compared to Hundreds of thousands of women and children , yeah if my life was on the line I would give it to save a few hundred thousand innocent people, My Grandmother is a Native of Guam her two Brothers were Beheaded Right in front of her by the japanese, even she thinks the bombing was pointless, so justify it anyway you want to

Slacker
09-10-2002, 07:01 PM
which is?????? what? what is your point?

What goes around comes around,

You reap what you sow,

karma ,,,ect,,,,ect,,,,

y2kash_14
09-10-2002, 09:18 PM
how is not playing a video game a show of respect?? i just don't get it, sure i will pay my respects,but not playing your xbox simply doesn't make sense as a show of patriotism......im gonna dye my hair (i have spiked hair btw...) Red, White and Blue tonight. I probably won't be playing my xbox tomorrow anyway, i have a full schedule

Woocifer
09-10-2002, 09:22 PM
Vengeance and hatred are fueled by the inability to conciously accept what has happened and to release the emotions surrounding a particular moment.

The Hiroshima bombing was disgusting. More women and children and police and everything else died those days. There was absolutely no need to put that much destruction towards any country, and exactly what were they targeting? a bunch of people picking crops? shopping? children playing in dirt? They were cooked alive....

If you don't want to believe that there has been war brewing between the middle east and well...just about everywhere else, then you are being blinded by ignorance on the subject. But more so, they had an idea an attack was coming and that there were a lot of problems about to pop up.

The point being made here is, yes there was a very large tragedy that happened, and it is gross what happened... but just because of the place, numbers and situation then it becomes a huge deal. The world didn't stop when my great grandfather was murdered by a Turkish soldier for just being in a country they didn't like...but you did see what the bombs did when dropped on Japan in the second world war. Everyone stopped and went holy ***** what was that! Why? Because it got everyones attention and people went woah they are more than serious, they are a little nuts, so lets stop doing this.

Bin Laden did the same thing. He got mad, he got disgusted with what was happening over in the mid east and he went nuts and decided to play his trump card by destroying a landmark of those he deems as oppressive demons.

I've seen maybe one or two documentaries played on television perhaps every year on the Hiroshima and Nagasaki attacks. Yet there has been a year of coverage on the one day and more so right away there were I love NY shirts and hats on sale, and everyone wearing these NYPD and NYFD insignias and all this other wonderful paraphanalia. So only until they die will they be martyrd this way?

WHERE THE PHUCK WERE ALL OF YOU BEFORE WHEN THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD YOUR GOD*D@MNED SUPPORT HUH?

It takes 3000 people and civil servants to die for someone to go oh yeah, you should thank these people when you see them. PHUCK YOU for being so pathetically late!

The police are always under the eye of cynics as being hate mongers, racists and beligerant people. But as soon as something bad happens and you realise why they are there, THEN AND ONLY THEN will you say oh hey these people are brilliant!.... This isn't just against those that are involved or those that boast, its against everyone who seems to jump on this bandwagon of remorse and mourning.

You could give a ***** less about those people... And I am more than serious right now. Did you want to know that my grandfather died last year? Did you care? Did you come to his funeral and say he was a great guy because he fought for freedom in the second World War? Hmmm? No I didn't think so...

He passed away from cancer... that's tragic, any disease has a smattering of tragedy. He passed away because his own body attacked itself...he never saw me have children. You could care less, any of you. And so be it because he is a stranger.

But because more than one person died in a tragedy, because it was an "unsolicited" (as they have you believe) attack on the states, because it was innocent people and because it was a very prominant landmark then everyone in the entire world seems to believe that its the right thing to do and mourn the loss of these people.

I feel sorry for them. Not only because they died in a horrible accident of violence but because no one is being sincere about this and is reaching out for absolutely no one but the next person and saying I didn't know em! But they were great people cuz they got killed!....

A city about 3 hours from here(near Toronto) is having a parade and then a procession in a church for the victims... its been a year, so lets pick at the wound, but even more, BECAUSE ITS ON THE NEWS!!!!! lets have a parade??!? Who the hell are you trying to kid?

Two wrongs don't make a right, but it certainly makes everyone feel a whole lot better doesn't it?

No it's not like nothing happened...and the reason why I hated this thread is because of the exact thing that has happened. Its turned into an emotional political and personal war on here...

I am not happy about any of this, I am disgusted in how the entire thing began and is continuing, I have a severe urge to hate against anyone that is seemingly different because it seems that these actions mean nothing to the heart of where they come from, I'll be honest...it bothers me quite a bit to see how much they rejoice about all of this, but I suppose they see freedom as killing their enemy, where as the states and most democracies see freedom as not having to kill anyone anymore...

And I wasn't being dismissive of those who are hurt and worried and concerned, nor of those who gave, give and lost at all.

My dismissive tone was towards the retarded notion of this thread that giving hommage to people by not playing DTR or Halo or whatever on the day is stupid. For if that was the case then throw your xbox out and turn every light on that you have because you've basically stated that you put the memory of these people off until the anniversary.

And seriously what kind of person would even ask if anyone cares about the whole incident. It's purely in poor taste and lacks the couth of someone who actually has any tact. I'm sorry for the creator of this thread but where did you come up with, xbox yes, xbox no, or you don't care...

No one who actually really hurts because of this would EVER ask something like that, nor would be interested in what someone else thought because its a personal issue they have to deal with day to day until it is accepted and the wounds heal. So yes what I said is exactly what I meant... leave it alone and get past all of this. But I will add another sentence...

You are only harming those who have really been shaken up in all of this turmoil by resurfacing the issues and then gumming it all up with your objective indifference to the feelings and details of those you don't even know.

For those who are hurt and have lost or nearly lost...I'm sorry I can't say anything to make it better other than if you really need to talk...there's probably about 3 billion ears and shoulders out there that want to help.

I can't make it better...no one can...I suppose all I can do is put an arm around you and wipe away the tears...but I just wish the rest of the world would shut up and let those that lost deal with things their way. Until they ask...don't force feed this 'obligatory' notion of rememberance.

Please...

laughs
09-10-2002, 09:31 PM
Hey mrmp3.........I agree with everything you say, but you say people think music has changed since september the 11th. Thats bull****. Its the same now and it will always be the same. There will always be the outspoken Eminem's, the shamelessly exploiting N-SYNCS and Brittany Spears, and the controversial monkey lovin Micheal Jackson's. Nothing will ever change that.... and to be honest, although I hate 90% of the way these musicians carry on there careers.....I hope the variety of these vomit inducing singers are always be strong.....cause like it or lump it there is just about a market for everything. Even people who bite the heads off of little birdies......and he seems to be doing fine since sept 11th isn't he(in case your wondering, OZZY)

Reclaimer
09-10-2002, 09:50 PM
God forbid you aim this at me.

WHERE THE PHUCK WERE ALL OF YOU BEFORE WHEN THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD YOUR GOD*D@MNED SUPPORT HUH?

It takes 3000 people and civil servants to die for someone to go oh yeah, you should thank these people when you see them. PHUCK YOU for being so pathetically late!

Thanking the Police and the Firefighters and the medics was a suggestion on what to do if you where looking for something to do on 9-11 as an alternative to putting down a game controller.
Don't start cursing me for trying to find a simple alternative. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be offended or angry or anything towards that. You made some very valid statements, but I think you might have crossed my line.

Take care of someone. Give to a charity. Do something special for your community. A great deal of people gave their lives to save another. Everyday people who wanted to make a difference chose to become Policemen and Firemen. They wanted to help. They wanted to make their community special and safe. They died in the process. Thank a policeman or a firefighter when you see one. Thank him/her for doing what they do.

I think you took my suggestion way out of context.

Woocifer
09-10-2002, 09:54 PM
To tell you the truth I really don't care anymore because I feel that all of this is obscene...

I don't find a shred of dignity in just about any coverage, mention or idea about it because everyone just happened to jump on top of the issue and destroy what it really means.

I hate the world because I care about it too much.

So don't think about anything I've said because I'm not going to bother with it anymore.

It was towards the stupidity of the thread.

Master Gracey
09-10-2002, 10:13 PM
I plan on getting one of my fillings replaced in the morning.

After that, I'll spend the remainder of the day looking for a job because Americans had so much faith in their economy that they made sure the markets fell due to panic. Many people lost their jobs because of the tight market and that makes it nearly impossible for a recent college grad without work experience to find anything worthwhile.

Then I can panic because I can't find a job that will provide me with health insurance after my current insurance runs out at the end of this year. I'll think about the politicians who, instead of doing something for the people of this country, pass resolutions so they can waste money on killing people in other countries, all the while bemoaning the horrible financial situation here at home.

Reclaimer is right... the terrorists did win. And every day that I'm out of work does nothing but back that theory up. While I may not have known anyone who was killed on 9/11 (nor do I know anyone who knew anyone), it affects me every single day. So I'm not going to mope. I'm not going to reflect. I'm not going to watch any of the disgusting, exploitative shows on TV. I'm going to fight back and do everything to overcome the crap that we as Americans brought upon ourselves in the last year, and which has put me in a difficult position.

Bitter? Me? Nah...

melon
09-11-2002, 12:43 AM
Some of you people really have no idea what it is like to sacrifice something for others.

Do not be selfish.

Yes, i will not play my Xbox on Sept 11(tomorrow), and i will not use my computer all day either. I will be back online the next day.

A lot of you guys seem to have no heart, I can't believe you guys. I'll say a prayer for all of you as well.

y2kash_14
09-11-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by melon
Some of you people really have no idea what it is like to sacrifice something for others.

Do not be selfish.

Yes, i will not play my Xbox on Sept 11(tomorrow), and i will not use my computer all day either. I will be back online the next day.

A lot of you guys seem to have no heart, I can't believe you guys. I'll say a prayer for all of you as well.

i just dont see how not playing video games is considered a show of respect.....

John002
09-11-2002, 05:28 AM
The hatred in some of the posts in this thread is inappropriate.
Please bring this post to an end.

FpS_PhReeK
09-11-2002, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA

LOL I do that all the time its called "day time driving lights" Wow very clever, way to sacrafice....

laughs
09-11-2002, 07:44 AM
LOL Fps.....yeah, we canadians are so nice.......always driving with our daytime lights(lol) Oh Canada!!!!!!! Buts seriously you Americans need daytime driving lights too.....but, just wondering what in the blue hell is turning your lights on all day going to accomplish??? If you wanna show your support send a card or something to the city of NY or the police men, or firefighters.....don't turn your lights on all day or stop playing your XBOX......thats just ignorant.

Nato King
09-11-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar
In honor of 9/11 would you consider not playing your Xbox for the entire day on Wednesday September 11, 2002. In our own way this would represent a moment of silence for our fallen heroes and victims in that horrible act of terrorism. I for one will be in New York to pay my respects to htose that died including my uncle so I will definitely not be playing my Xbox on this day. I hope that many of you no mattr what age will do the same and remember that unforgetable day.

Post your name here if you will take place in this memorial.

I'll start the list.

1. CrazyCougar (Rick)

God Bless the USA and all of you.

Hey CrazyCougar you have a great Idea. Yes, I will show my respect and leave my Xbox off for the day.

ShannonX
09-11-2002, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by FpS_PhReeK

LOL I do that all the time its called "day time driving lights" Wow very clever, way to sacrafice....

woopdy doo. Take your sarcasm somewhere else! I hate cars that have that crappy ass day time driving lights. Maybe if you have a better way to do something, please share your clever little plan that is oh so much better than anything we could do.

Casper
09-11-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by FpS_PhReeK

Not to be rude, but if you haven't heard, this was asked for by members of the government. So if you have a smart arse thing to say, bring it up with them. :rolleyes:

FuNkY mOnK
09-11-2002, 08:53 AM
As I’m typing this I’m listening to the coverage on the news, and they are reading off the list of all the victims, you cant imagine the lose of lives by just a sum number, but hearing each name one by one for the last hour and they’re only a quarter of the way, it’s like wtf… they will be mentioning my good friend Terrance Akkin who played a mean game of basketball and my cousin Lorena lisi who was president of a bank on the top floors that have been hit directly. Her body has not been recovered only her safe deposit box, which all her jewelry was melted beyond recognition.

CrazyCougar
09-11-2002, 10:56 AM
Well here I am sitting on the bus on my way back to PA from NYC. The memorial was a class act and got to give my respects to my uncle and the others that died 1 year ago today. Hats off to them all. =)

Anyway, I am reading through this thread and cant believe how offensive some took it. It was never meant to be offensive. And it definitely wasnt meant to be turned into something political which some of you have done. It was JUST a suggestion not a demand. Geeeez! Personally, and of course IMO, I find it a great show of respect and tribute giving up a beloved possession up for one day to honor those fallen. Fireman and policeman gave up their lives, and I dont think giving up your Xbox for a day even compares. But once again it is MY way of showing respect, others show respect by turning on their headlights which you do for a funeral anyhow people! I guess fasting(giving something up) at Easter is a bad thing for people too. Sorry for the rant...

Anyway before I began just writing out of emotion which is not what I want to do because I do not want to make enemies. Thank you for those that supported my idea, and to those that didn't, thats okay. Deal with the situation in your own way, it is most definitely your right.

To those that I offended I am sorry but for me this is an emotional time because I lst some close people to me on this tragic day one year ago.

Thanks.

mahalan
09-11-2002, 11:38 AM
You know what I'd like to see?

Someone in the media say:

"In memory of the September 11 tragedy, we ask our audience to forgo watching/listening to us or any of our competitors."

Then I'd believe that they really care about the situation as opposed to trying to make a quick buck off it.

I'd like to see companies say:

"In memory of September 11th, we're donating our profits today to the UN in hopes that they will help take action against terrorists around the world."

I'd like to see employees say:

"In memory of September 11th, we're going to forgo our pay today to help our company deal with the economic impact of the terroristic attack and our government's response."

Did I click "I don't care" to the poll choices? Yes. Why? Because neither of the other two choices reflected my feelings and I didn't want to join the masses who are letting the media lead them by the nose. Do I care? Of course. Like many, I knew people who were there when the attack occurred.

Am I upset? Yes. I'm upset that the Red Cross promised not to let the donated blood spoil by freezing it and followed through by only freezing 9,000 units letting 200,000 units spoil. I'm upset that they took money donated because of the tragedy and used it to upgrade their computer systems. I'm upset that the government placed the stipulation that the families of the victims have to waive their rights to sue both the airlines and the government in order to get the money we donated to them. It's not the government's money. It's the money we donated to the families. I don't remember anyone talking about stipulations when the money was being raised. I'm upset that the Bush administration is trying to use the war on terrorism as an excuse to invade Iraq. I don't remember Saddam Hussein ever being linked to the attack. I'm upset that Israel is using terrorism as an excuse to force a heavy handed policy in the Middle East. Most of all, I'm upset that instead of trying to live productive and happy lives that we're letting people guide us by the nose in making pointless sacrifices to those who died. Do you want their deaths to not be in vain? Then don't let the terrorists have any more impact on our lives or standard of living than they already have.

Slacker
09-11-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by mahalan
You know what I'd like to see?

Someone in the media say:

"In memory of the September 11 tragedy, we ask our audience to forgo watching/listening to us or any of our competitors."

Then I'd believe that they really care about the situation as opposed to trying to make a quick buck off it.

I'd like to see companies say:

"In memory of September 11th, we're donating our profits today to the UN in hopes that they will help take action against terrorists around the world."

I'd like to see employees say:

"In memory of September 11th, we're going to forgo our pay today to help our company deal with the economic impact of the terroristic attack and our government's response."

Did I click "I don't care" to the poll choices? Yes. Why? Because neither of the other two choices reflected my feelings and I didn't want to join the masses who are letting the media lead them by the nose. Do I care? Of course. Like many, I knew people who were there when the attack occurred.

Am I upset? Yes. I'm upset that the Red Cross promised not to let the donated blood spoil by freezing it and followed through by only freezing 9,000 units letting 200,000 units spoil. I'm upset that they took money donated because of the tragedy and used it to upgrade their computer systems. I'm upset that the government placed the stipulation that the families of the victims have to waive their rights to sue both the airlines and the government in order to get the money we donated to them. It's not the government's money. It's the money we donated to the families. I don't remember anyone talking about stipulations when the money was being raised. I'm upset that the Bush administration is trying to use the war on terrorism as an excuse to invade Iraq. I don't remember Saddam Hussein ever being linked to the attack. I'm upset that Israel is using terrorism as an excuse to force a heavy handed policy in the Middle East. Most of all, I'm upset that instead of trying to live productive and happy lives that we're letting people guide us by the nose in making pointless sacrifices to those who died. Do you want their deaths to not be in vain? Then don't let the terrorists have any more impact on our lives or standard of living than they already have.

VERY well said, I am glad to see that not everyone is a Sheep here ,

xboxrocks2003
09-11-2002, 12:48 PM
I think this 9/11 is getting to be like christmas for the stores.It causes people to go out and purchase all kinds of things like more food, clothes, water, etc. It also has alot of people think we're gonna die so it doesn't matter if I get in debt by maxing out my charge card, spend the rent money on a big shopping spree or anything else people think of. I think the government is just trying to boost the economy with this B.S. Terrorists strike when nobody thinks they will strike,not on a day so many (stupid people) think they will because it's on the same day. I don't BUY into that ****!!! I think it's a pathetic attempt on emptying peoples wallet!!!

laughs
09-11-2002, 06:21 PM
Mahalon is right....110% right. All those TV channels are owned by the devils. Sure I love TV.....but I'm sure the powers to be at CBS,ABC,NBC,and CNN to name a few were anticipating this day for months. There advertising payouts are going to go through the roof. And for that matter I bet Bush is happy all this happend too. First he merely had a 51% approval rating....now the gun happy Ba$tard has massive support from the American public. I bet he's off crying his eyes out(insert sarcasim here) Its sad but true.

xbox1
09-11-2002, 07:40 PM
i will still play my xbox but remember those of 9/11

but the reason i put im mad as the topic is because i looked at the results for the poll and few of u put dont care about 9/11.those who did a ****less mother ****ers!!!!!we hope u rot in hell

Master Gracey
09-11-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by laughs2907
And for that matter I bet Bush is happy all this happend too. First he merely had a 51% approval rating....now the gun happy Ba$tard has massive support from the American public. I bet he's off crying his eyes out(insert sarcasim here) Its sad but true.

You and I may be the only two people on these boards with the guts to say that out loud...

mexicano
09-13-2002, 12:21 AM
You should think in other thing to remember 9-11,
not playing xbox is not a good idea, you must think on other ways to remember 9-11, more important like be a good citizen and love your country, for example....
sorry about my english