PDA

View Full Version : New Xbox owners are lucky

pimpineezhoes
09-10-2002, 10:34 AM
Check out this article

Microsoft is adding a free DVD conversion kit to its Xbox ( news - web sites) video game through Nov. 2. With the kit, the Xbox works like a DVD player. The Xbox, introduced last fall, was a major move by Microsoft into consumer electronics.

rest of the article is here:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/usatoday/20020909/tc_usatoday/4428981

I payed $30 for that bad boy. And not the Xbox might be dropping down to $150. I dont regret getting my Xbox early but these new Xbox owners are getting a deal. Might as well jump on it if you dont have one. I think the DVD player on the Xbox works better than some regular DVD players!

Duke
09-10-2002, 10:36 AM
I agree. Personally, I don't mind having had paid the original full price for everything, but if you don't have one yet, it's a pretty good time to be buying an Xbox.

Goku_69
09-10-2002, 10:46 AM
:mad: We got hosed tommy we go hosed :mad:
I got my xbox oh nov 15 2001. and bought a dvd kit. i could have saved almost 200 dollers. Thats four more games!!!

Carnage
09-10-2002, 10:52 AM
thats the way these things work. You want the fresh new toy; you pay top dollar.

Ive blown 3k on top of the line computers, that were outdated like 4 months later.... just thinking about it hurts :(
heh live and learn ;)

pimpineezhoes
09-10-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by goku_69

You are a funny guy! That Mountain Dew commercial is different... to say the least. THe dog has the best line...... when the dog talks youknow you have had too much Dew.

Duke
09-10-2002, 11:01 AM
The best thing I've ever seen from those "we got hosed" characters was the Simpsons where they go to the sick and twisted festival.

"Gravey and Jobriah" If you've seen it you know what I'm talking about, if not you could proably download it from kazaa.

Zion
09-10-2002, 11:19 AM
I got my xbox oh nov 15 2001. and bought a dvd kit. i could have saved almost 200 dollers. Thats four more games!!!

Well, if you would have been willling to wait an entire year go get your console, then yes. You could have saved some money.

Personally, I'd rather pay the extra $150 and be enjoying it for that year.

addicted_2_xbox
09-11-2002, 03:25 AM
If you think about it, this is a really good for us because more options and a lower price means a lot more sales, which means more developers and publishers will realise xbox is the superior console! In other words, even more games for xbox!

FpS_PhReeK
09-11-2002, 05:44 AM
blah blah blah blah blah

Some of you guys are so in love with your xbox that you fail to see the trees from the forest.... WE WERE ROBBED PEOPLE!!!! All us early adopters... we were robbed... M$ took care of early adopters in the UK and Europe, we are the forgotten.

As far as some people saying "gee I had my xbox for a whooooooole year and I think paying $159-$200 too much is fine because I had the pleasure of using my xbox for a whoooooole year." SHUT UP! Are you INSANE, are you a gamer or just a fanboy, a cold hard tried and true gamer would never say that. YOU WANNA KNOW WHY?

ALL THE GAMES minus Halo,PGR, THPS2x-3, HAVE FAILED TO MEET EXPECTATIONS. If we all would have we could have bought a new Xbox for $150 with a new graphics chip, a new quieter faster hard drive, and a free dvd kit. With the money we saved we could have played some really good games over the past year .... or had some bucks to grab some better quality software offerings for our xbox.

Those of you who say "gee well lower prices are good for all of use because it means the a bigger community and the maybe lazy and stupid sftware developers will get a move on it"

You are next to SHUT UP. I could care less if everyone buys Xbox, PS2, or GameCube, why do you dumb people care so much about your console taking over the market? Are you that INSECURE that you have to defend your purchase? Get over it you paid too much. You fell for the great green hype. Developers will always be slow, it takes time, I want them to be careful, the expanding market will not make them sudenly work an extra hour ever night,,, or make them come in on a sunday morning,,, just becaue a few thousand more people bought an xbox last week.

IF you are planing on getting an xbox be forewarned, it is nothing spectacula, it is nothing revolutionary, it is a console nothing more, I have returned to PC gaming for the time being.

PhReeK out!

maximan00
09-11-2002, 09:01 AM
You get what you pay for. I sell computers and the people who want the newest and best pay top dollar for it. If you bought one for 300, like i did, you were able to play all the 1st gen games.

FlyBoy
09-11-2002, 09:27 AM
It kind of sucks for those of us who paid top dollar back in November... but I have no regrets, because I've gotten to play it for so long now. Suck it up and quit complaining.

techie
09-11-2002, 12:42 PM
You are next to SHUT UP. I could care less if everyone buys Xbox, PS2, or GameCube, why do you dumb people care so much about your console taking over the market? Are you that INSECURE that you have to defend your purchase? Get over it you paid too much. You fell for the great green hype. Developers will always be slow, it takes time, I want them to be careful, the expanding market will not make them sudenly work an extra hour ever night,,, or make them come in on a sunday morning,,, just becaue a few thousand more people bought an xbox last week.

IF you are planing on getting an xbox be forewarned, it is nothing spectacula, it is nothing revolutionary, it is a console nothing more, I have returned to PC gaming for the time being.

PhReeK out!

Well good for you! Maybe we will get lucky and you will return
to the pc games forums also.

Crazy Joe
09-11-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
The best thing I've ever seen from those "we got hosed" characters was the Simpsons where they go to the sick and twisted festival.

"Gravey and Jobriah" If you've seen it you know what I'm talking about, if not you could proably download it from kazaa.

You guys must be young, those guys are Davey and Goliath, from a kids show in the 80's. It's classic.

EHWfedPres
09-11-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by FpS_PhReeK
blah blah blah blah blah

Some of you guys are so in love with your xbox that you fail to see the trees from the forest.... WE WERE ROBBED PEOPLE!!!! All us early adopters... we were robbed... M$ took care of early adopters in the UK and Europe, we are the forgotten.

As far as some people saying "gee I had my xbox for a whooooooole year and I think paying $159-$200 too much is fine because I had the pleasure of using my xbox for a whoooooole year." SHUT UP! Are you INSANE, are you a gamer or just a fanboy, a cold hard tried and true gamer would never say that. YOU WANNA KNOW WHY?

ALL THE GAMES minus Halo,PGR, THPS2x-3, HAVE FAILED TO MEET EXPECTATIONS. If we all would have we could have bought a new Xbox for $150 with a new graphics chip, a new quieter faster hard drive, and a free dvd kit. With the money we saved we could have played some really good games over the past year .... or had some bucks to grab some better quality software offerings for our xbox.

Those of you who say "gee well lower prices are good for all of use because it means the a bigger community and the maybe lazy and stupid sftware developers will get a move on it"

PhReeK out!

Good, get the hell out of here. We dont care about your complaints or misfortunes, so cry somewhere else.

xboxtito
09-11-2002, 02:48 PM

goku_69, I'd have to say that it's to people like us who paid top bill for the system and took a chance that thanks is owed! Without our purchases the Box wouldn't be around still. It would have fallen immediately! Introducing a non Sony console in today's market is indeed risky. If millions of people like yourself and many others in Xbox Addict hadn't bought the system at it's original price all those who have been able to buy at $199 and soon $149 wouldn't have this option. So I for one thank you! Also think about the fact that you've helped build the Xbox dynasty. The anti-Sony(PS2) movement if you will. If that's not enough, think of the price drops as a sign that M$ is committed to getting this system base installed in every home in the world! It shows their commitment to making sure that not only their money but in turn your $300 investment continues to provide you with a return in gaming enjoyment for a long time to come. Maybe even up to Sony standards of a drawn out 5 years (god I certainly hope not!).It's because of moves like this that I know they are serious about the new arena they've expanded into. Just because they are the richest company in the world doesn't mean that they are willing to just **** this money away. They are doing it because they feel it's a worthwhile and yet still risky investment. I for one, hope they succeed in toppling the Sony console empire!Thanks again!

Just a thought, if the Xbox drops to $149 that means Sony's likely to follow. What will the Gamecube drop to? $99? Now it might be worth picking one up at that price!

Goku_69
09-11-2002, 03:38 PM
I thank you for that reconition tito. and as far as i can tell nintedo will cash in on gamecube and get lost. at least sony is atempting to make a playstaion 3. Nintedo=wusses!! but seriosly we as gamers need sony to stay in the ind. cause without compitition microsoft might start slacking. that my friend would not be cool. but by all means down with Nintendo. Imagin if xbox got nintendo's games:eek: