PDA

View Full Version : The multiple Great House trick: How does it work?

GamemasterD
09-10-2002, 10:39 AM
I'd like to know how to get into two great houses. I've seen and heard it done, but I haven't a clue how.

Since I've had to begin a new game, I figured I'd try to join as many factions as possible. So far, I've joined all three guilds (fighter's, mage's, and thieve's).

SlightlySycho
09-10-2002, 11:42 AM
Well, you can only join two. First, you'll have to join Redoran or Telvanni. Take your pick; only Hlaalu has a back door for recruitment. Then go to the Dren Plantation. In the basement of the main house there's a locked door. Behind that there are two Camona Tong assassins hired by Orvas Dren (or whatever Dren brother lives at the Plantation) to kill Duke Dren in Ebonheart. Kill them (they should attack you on sight); be careful, they're both using Jinkblades which make them quite difficult (a reflect spell and some cure paralysis potions would be quite useful). One of them should have a note that outlines they're assassination plans. Take this to Duke Dren in Ebonheart, and in gratitude he'll make you an official member of House Hlaalu.

I think that's how it works. Just remember to join Redoran or Telvanni House before giving Dren the note. Keep in mind, I've never done this myself, so I'm not completely sure.

Duke
09-10-2002, 11:42 AM
Well if you're telvanni or Redoran, by killing Duke Dren's brother you can also join House Hlaalu.

I"ve been going through some of the missions, but since I've already completed the Redoran quest, I'm not sure how far I can move in Hlaalu.

Anyway, join another house first, kill dren, get employed by Hlaalu, go to Balmora and start there.

GamemasterD
09-10-2002, 01:49 PM
Thanks. I'll give it a shot. If it fails, I'll just restart from my last save.

Dulacc
09-14-2002, 09:02 AM
I did it with one particular character. I finished up Redoran and then did the Hlaalu trick.

When you do it, he mentions that there is nothing keeping you from being named grandmaster(or whatever) of Hlaalu. However, you do pretty much have to start at the beginning of the Hlaalu quests.

Near the end, things get a little interesting. I thought I was screwed. You get to the point where you have to build a stronghold. You're told to get a writ from dren to build the hlaalu stronghold. However, when you talk to him about it, he spouts off that he already gave you one, and won't give you another. As I said, I thought I was screwed. What I found out was, at this point you can start in with Dren's quests, skipping over a few ranks and missions in Hlaalu. Do his quests, and you're named grandmaster(or whatever) of Hlaalu.

Of course, the good thing is now you have 2 strongholds, even if one is in the middle of nowhere.

GamemasterD
09-16-2002, 12:58 PM
OK, I joined Redoran, killed Dren and his cohorts, got the note, went to Duke Dren, but he didn't get me into Hlaalu. I kept asking "Orvas Dren", but all he kept saying was "He is my brother" or something to that effect.