PDA

View Full Version : Xbox questions

pimpineezhoes
09-10-2002, 10:52 AM
I checked out this site:
http://www.xbox-emulation.co.uk/Comparison.shtml

at the bottom is says 256 audio channels. What does that mean or refer to?

Has anyone had the Xbox on but no disk in and sat at the Green menu screen for a few minutes? Yesterday I was in the middle of changing disks but got a Instant emssage and started talking to someone on my comp. I started hearing weird cunds from the Xbox. Not like it was messing up or the hard drive or anything. Like actually from the sound of the Tv. Sounded like words sometime... sounded like the alien speech from Signs. Has anyone heard these sounds????

Man I am not crazy so if you guys rag on me for posting this.... then screw you. I only write what the voices tell me to!

Highlite23
09-10-2002, 03:02 PM
Thats XBOX chatter, NO your not crazy, MS put it there on purpose.;)

WOWSY
09-10-2002, 03:46 PM
I think he means that he was interrupted by an emessage on his computer.

I was doing the usual "stare at the DVD cabinet deciding on which movie to watch" when I noticed the sounds also.

Casper
09-10-2002, 03:51 PM
The 256 audio channels is the Dolby Digital 5.1 support (optical cables), I believe. The right person to ask about this would be LynxFx...but I think I'm right that it's the Dolby 5.1

Kooster
09-10-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by casper
The 256 audio channels is the Dolby Digital 5.1 support (optical cables), I believe. The right person to ask about this would be LynxFx...but I think I'm right that it's the Dolby 5.1 hehe...for a second i thought it was true....until i read Scorpion}{'s very nice post.