PDA

View Full Version : Blood Omen or Silent Hill

sleepyfloyd64
09-10-2002, 12:22 PM
I'm thinking about buying or trading for a new previously played game.. and I'm considering Blood Omen 2 or Silent Hill 2. I havent played the previous games in either of the series.. but of all the used games out there.. these seemed like the games I would like the best..

Anybody have any input into which one is better or which one you think I should pick up?

For what its worth.. I Loved Halo, and although I didnt like Obi-Wan at first... after playing it for awhile, I really got into it and thought it was a pretty good game.

I'm playing Buffy right now and I'm loving it..

I started playing Oddworld, but couldnt get through it cause I got bored.. Same goes for Mad Dash Racing and Bloodwake...

I have some other games that I play on and off (PGR, RSC, NHL 2002, Fever 02, etc..) but the games I've mentioned above are the ones that I really played alot!!

so what do you think? whats the best game for me!!

-sleepy floyd

Highlite23
09-10-2002, 02:45 PM
If you have Buffy i would pass on Blood Omen 2, it's kinda the same, but Buffy is a little more exciting.

Silent Hill is alot of fun if you enjoy having to solve puzzles.

BTW, Blood Omen 2 has been available at some Target stores for $19.90

pounder
09-10-2002, 02:49 PM
well I recommend SH2..i love it..great game..i haven't played blood omen, but i know SH2 is great..

Mercury
09-10-2002, 02:55 PM
I played both and by far Blood Omen2 is a much better game. The story in it is fantastic. The villians and other characters are really well done. The fighting system is a lot of fun. You can sneak up to an enemy and in one strike behead him. The game is just fun overall.

Silent Hlll 2 is just plain frustration. The controls are the same as any resident evil game and when fighting it seems like you have no control at all. It's terrible. The story is too bizarre and doesn't make any sense. The graphics are nice, but the gameplay is severly lacking.

Get Blood Omen 2.

JimmieDoogan
09-10-2002, 02:58 PM
The story in Blood Omen II is amazingly well told, but I wasn't a big fan of the game play. I love the Kain series. I'm knee deep in it, but they did a really poor job on the gameplay. I though SH2 was alot more fun, and the story was good. Though not half as well told, or acted, or even scripted... But Blood Omen 2 will last you longer than the EXCEEDINGLY short SH2. However, SH2 is a bawm buy, where as BO2 is only good if your really into the story.

xega
09-11-2002, 01:15 PM
i have both games, and i'd say go with SH2. BO2 was kinda boring, the puzzles were lame.

GO BUCCS!!!
09-11-2002, 05:42 PM
i thought bo2 was frikin killer! on the other hand i though silent hill was a pice of dog poo!
i'm gonna rent buffy since it's not very long, but if it were a longer game i'd buy it.