PDA

View Full Version : Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Xbox bound

xboxtito
09-10-2002, 02:45 PM
This is from planetxbox.com :

"it was announced that 4Kids Entertainment, worldwide agent and co-producer for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series, announced that Mirage Licensing has licensed Konami as the worldwide developer and publisher for the upcoming games based on the franchise. The series, which was created by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman in 1984, will be making its return to the spotlight on September 14th when aired during ‘Fox Box’.
As it stands, a firm release date for the upcoming games has still yet-to-be announced."

Wow =) I was wondering what happened to these guys.

bwn82k
09-10-2002, 02:51 PM
I probably watched every show the T.M.N.T. had. All the movies...I was an addict when I was a kid. I remember going to Pizza Hut and getting them in concert on tape and a cool magizine with foldout posters, trading cards, and a coloring book. I was like 10-12 but I loved that stuff. I'll consider buying the game...providing they have nice screen shots, a good review, and possibly a demo in OXM. :confused:

nemesYs
09-10-2002, 02:53 PM
Wooo Hoo!!!:rolleyes:

ScorpionX
09-10-2002, 03:01 PM
Anyone remember the game Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Lost in Time ??? That was one of the best games on the SNES, it was sooo fun. I spend hours playing that game with my friend until we finally beat it. :D I hope this game will be just as cool. :cool:

Carnage
09-10-2002, 03:42 PM
bah lost in time was so friggen easy.. now, the original tmnt for nes on the otherhand was a very difficult game. heh i always usta get run over by that street clearner thingy :)

tomacco
09-10-2002, 04:08 PM
i would always get run over by the street washer as well. Also, it took me ages to figure out to use the missles on the road blocks

Casper
09-10-2002, 04:19 PM
Man, scraping for games, why don't they bring back Killer Instinct instead of garbage like this that hasn't been out or on TV in years :rolleyes:

tomacco
09-10-2002, 04:22 PM
I'm gonna go with "Because it is owned by nintendo" for $300

btw how many copies has/will the following games sell: Ninja Gainen, Super Mario Sunshine, Metal Gear, Zelda, Metroid, Final Fantasy, etc, etc, etc

edited to include: if you read the post you'd see that it will be back on TV starting saturday

VenoM
09-10-2002, 04:23 PM
i was a huge tmnt fan growing up ;) i heard about this one along time ago but thought it was only going on GC

Casper
09-10-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by tomacco
I'm gonna go with "Because it is owned by nintendo" for $300

btw how many copies has/will the following games sell: Ninja Gainen, Super Mario Sunshine, Metal Gear, Zelda, Metroid, Final Fantasy, etc, etc, etc

edited to include: if you read the post you'd see that it will be back on TV starting saturday

Well, I think you lose your $300, but let's ask Alex Trebeck...isn't it actually owned by Rare? Which is in the process of being bought out by M$?

And I did read the post, but like I said, it hasn't been on TV in years, until Sat. that is...and don't even tell me that you wanna watch it? Man, I'd rather watch the Smurfs before I fall asleep to that stuff

And btw, why put in Ninja Gaiden in with thos Nintendo games? In case you haven't noticed, Tecmo is bringing it here...:rolleyes:

Slacker
09-10-2002, 06:43 PM
I read the comics way before the cartoon, when they were the size of life magazine and were in black and white, they were good for thier time,

tomacco
09-10-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by casper

Well, I think you lose your $300, but let's ask Alex Trebeck...isn't it actually owned by Rare? Which is in the process of being bought out by M$?

don't be too quick to go walking off with my $300 mr "friendly ghost", a quick search finds the correct tradmark information here (http://www.uspto.gov/)

And I did read the post, but like I said, it hasn't been on TV in years, until Sat. that is

True enough i guess in this case I should practice what I type and read more thoroughly

...and don't even tell me that you wanna watch it? Man, I'd rather watch the Smurfs before I fall asleep to that stuff

completely your opinion and really as important as if I were to say that I loved the show as a kid and would like to relive some of my youth through the game (as long as it doesn't suck)

And btw, why put in Ninja Gaiden in with thos Nintendo games? In case you haven't noticed, Tecmo is bringing it here...:rolleyes:
First off I was saying nothing about Nintendo but rather that all of these games were originally released around the time of TMNTs and all of which have been extremely profitable. Secondly those nintendo games?? Metal Gear is Konami and FF is Square.

Have a nice day

HALOJAY
09-10-2002, 08:59 PM
These games are pure fun, and I welcome both the turtles and master splinter to the xbox family.

xboxtito
09-10-2002, 10:39 PM
http://xboxtito.20m.com/images/berger.jpg