PDA

View Full Version : help!!,,SS licence in GT

killerclint
09-10-2002, 04:05 PM
for the love of GOD!!,i can't get past this one!!,,i've tried using MT and AT,TC on and off,and still can't beat it,,can anyone that has past this one give me some tips please,,,should i go into the corners tight and slow?,,or side fast,,it seems slower sliding i think.

Xracer
09-10-2002, 04:18 PM
hey start off with manual tranny
take the corners as wide as you can hit the apex's. Go real slow if you have to try not to slide around you lose to much speed.

dont be afraid to run up on the rumble strips either

nimm
09-10-2002, 06:39 PM
yeah sliding slows you down a lot ... as long as you are squealing the tires around corners (sliding) you are not really moving forward as much as you should be ...

for all corners at all times - you want to take the straightest line possible. this means for a right turn ... you want to be as far to the left of the track as you can ... break before the turn and then power your way through it, cutting it as close to the inside as possible (you want to ALMOST hit the wall) and come out of the turn on the far left side of the track ... this way you minimize the distance you have to travel and you travel through the turn much faster (it’s the opposite for left hand turns) ... thus, if you do this properly for every turn you should arrive at the finish quicker…

ohh and if you break while you are turning the wheels – you are more likely to slide.

hope that helps ya a little more :)

dpw84
09-10-2002, 07:27 PM
yes...i used a auto and got it, everything they are sayin is right and i timed it so that i could cut across the curb on the final turn to give me the little time i needed but is dangerous cause it drained most of the bar down

BullitNC
09-10-2002, 08:54 PM
A few pointers. It can't really be done without the traction control and spin control driving aids. I know, I know, somebody will post now saying that they did it, and got 1st place and all that...whatever...pics or video or don't bother. Use whatever tranny you're most used too, it really doesn't matter. Try not to worry about the "bad driver" meter. That part of the license tests is stupid, just a bit overzealous. But, as you already know, running OVER the curb will wipe the meter out. You're allowed two little slip ups, or one bigger slip up. Venture off course and you're done. But you can drive on the curbs....just don't go OVER them. If you touch grass you're penalized. LIke mentioned above, try to cut the apex of each turn. Srtart wide, hit the curb, and swing out wide on the gas. You're allowed to spin your tires a little, but get throttle happy and you get penalized. I tried for well over an hour to do this test. I finally thought about the driving aids, which I had tunred off before I ever drove a race, and had never used. I switched those two back on and passed on my 1st attempt. Without them, you can't get on the throttle as soon or as hard as you need to in order to get the time. Try it, and see if you're even getting close. If you're getting within a second or two, it's just a matter of timing the turns...keep trying.

Kortiz
09-11-2002, 12:00 AM
whelp, back to the game to turn on the help, i got to it with .146 over 1min 57seconds.... .146 AND I WOULD HAVE MY DAMN SS LICENSE lol, well i know i will get it with TC and the other beginner options. after about an hour and a half i quit, was too frustrated to even try out the new GT and that old lookin car, i think that one can get up to 9secs on the drag strip......too bad i need sleep or i would be up an extra hour. damn its midnight, oh well

nemesYs
09-11-2002, 03:11 PM
Damn this thing actually sound pretty hard... although.. i've only passed the B license.. i'm taking my dear sweet time.. and actually racing a lot more in the Event Races.

Kortiz
09-11-2002, 06:05 PM
whelp i got my ss license. im on the 3rd stage in the 2nd season.

i have gotten 8.656 with the GT Concept on the drag strip.
AND YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT i was still beaten LOL by that one car you win before you get the other Ford GT (black one)

it was crazy, i thought jebus, and then turned off my xbox.

i tell ya that ss license was a beast to pass. must of tried 20 times.

Carnage
09-11-2002, 08:41 PM
heh yesterday i was doin some event races, to earn some cash, to buy some more cars. I figured the easiest way for big money was to wait for the oval tracks. so while i wait, i drag.

With my ford concept, i can post times in the mid 8s range. 8.5+ normally. Last car of the event turns out to be the z06 (vette). im thinkin "great, easy win." pfft, i put my best time up (8.3s) and i still lost. wtf!! its a friggen vette....

makes you wonder about the AI.. lol :)

Kortiz
09-12-2002, 03:51 PM
hehe, that is what i do, drag and do the oval track when available, easy 24k, i have 736hp on the Concept now.......i wipe ass every time.

oh and FINALLY i have a little challenge in 2nd season, it used to be that i would be at least 20 seconds ahead by the end of a 2lap race, now i have a little challenge, full car damage all the time, and boy, i thought i was out-leagued, but i had to change my wheels and brakes LOL then i was back in business.......i still do pretty good, but i have my eye on the rearview mirror now, blockin' them sumbitshkas!

and the dragstrip seems that i do better with AT now then i did with MT, i cant shift fast enough to do well, so AT and blow by with 8.5 sompin

still fun and after a full week of owning it......i got 7more days to decide whether i will keep this baby and hope for an update disc or just turn it in for DTR or something. or store credit towards Shenmue2 or Splinter Cell *shrug*