PDA

View Full Version : Halo: The Flood...The 2nd Halo Book.

SpartanSniper
09-10-2002, 08:58 PM
I don't really know much about it. It's written by William C. Dietz, and set to be released March 2003.

LINKED UP (http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?0345459210)

halocombat4ever
09-11-2002, 06:34 PM
hope its good

monkeyman
09-12-2002, 08:51 PM
sweet it better be good

Spartan IV
09-13-2002, 07:55 AM
hmm, $7.00, not to bad

Fanobills
09-14-2002, 05:10 AM
Has anyone here read the fall of Reach? Tell me about the origins of the Spartans, and the Masterchief, and what happens - if you ask me, the Covenant aren't all that great.

monkeyman
09-15-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Fanobills
Has anyone here read the fall of Reach? Tell me about the origins of the Spartans, and the Masterchief, and what happens - if you ask me, the Covenant aren't all that great.

read it for yourself its only like 6 bucks at barns and nobles it really helps with the game in a way:D

ScorpionX
09-15-2002, 08:33 PM
I wonder if this book will be a sequel or the events that happened during the game. :confused:

halocombat4ever
09-16-2002, 09:42 AM
the ssquil should be nore about how he got to earth and other stuff like taht

Spartan IV
09-24-2002, 04:14 PM
i'll bet the book will fill us in on what happend between halo, and halo 2

xbox1
09-26-2002, 06:45 AM
ive read some of Fall or Reach

the reason i put damn it as the topic is because,im a writer and ive written alot of stories(none published yet).i was going to write a book called Halo:Invasion of the Flood.but no it doesnt look like i will get to cuz its illegal to write a book thats already been published!!

Ethereal S. D.
10-09-2002, 07:51 AM
I've read the book and i think it's great. It tells you the background story behind the Master Cheif on how he started and all the events that lead him to Halo. I am also eagerly anticipating that book about the flood and i am hoping that bungie gives out the rights to make a movie of Halo :rolleyes:. now that would be cool.

Fanobills
10-09-2002, 09:53 PM
I'd love to take a crack at writing the script for it - I'm getting some script writing software here in like a week. I just sent my first script out to some place in Florida that claims to aggressively seek out independent film projects. I told them it wasn't in "standard format" - the format in which scripts are demanded to be in by industry professionals, but they still wanted to see what I had. I'll know in about 3-5 weeks if they're interested in picking it up or not. Right now, it's being reviewed by the people that work for the production company so that they can decide whether or not it has any comercial potential.

It's about four punk guys that rob/extort money from a bank, get away with it, find a simple way to launder the money using people who are in debt to some sports bookies, and homeless people. Then at the end, the main character's girlfriend finds out that it was he and his three friends that were behind the robbery of the local bank, and forces him to choose between the money he didn't earn, or her and their four year old son. It's got a little bit of comedy, action, romance, and a slight criminal education. People have actually robbed/extorted money from banks in a similar manner, and gotten away with it.

I've also got permission from about a dozen punk bands from the west coast - different styles of punk, and a couple of record labels that might be interested in making a soundtrack for it.

I'd need some help from bungie though to do it. (a knowledge of what other technologies there are in the "Halo Universe".

hiddenagender
10-11-2002, 07:22 AM
why would i buy a book about halo?
and i already have the game.?

xbox1
10-12-2002, 02:23 PM
its not the book of halo.its how halo was discoveried idiot

Stride
10-12-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by hiddenagender
why would i buy a book about halo?
and i already have the game.?

Next time first read before you post. It'll keep you from making stupid remarks like the one you posted here.

Strato99l
10-12-2002, 10:55 PM
F.O.R. was good. I have read it twice. The aurther also wrote a book on the game Crimson Skys

hiddenagender
10-16-2002, 03:02 PM
oh well.......
and the new guy once again gets bashed.........