PDA

View Full Version : Will Halo ever be de-throned??

Highlite23
09-11-2002, 01:40 PM
I realize most of us really love Halo, let's face it, it was OUR baby. First title on OUR system. Plus a kick-ass game.

And i do realize with 300+ reviews it's not gonna be easy,(Of course there weren't too many games at the time either) but is there gonna be a title that bumps our Launch bad boy??

I find it humorouse though, that when a new contender flirts with taking over, we get a rash of short, mindless, "This game sucks" reviews. Somtimes they go as far as saying it isn't better than Halo in the review, which has got to raise some eyebrows as to the intent of the review. Was the review written to inform or just to make sure it doesn't tople Master Chief.

Is the loyalty to this game that strong?? Or is there really nothing better, yet.

Nothing will ever take away the greatness of this game, but why do i feel like there is this little underground movement to keep it on top.

Share your opinions with the inmates.;)

Bundy
09-11-2002, 01:47 PM
I beleive UC is going to knock halo flat off the mountain and become the new king.

EHWfedPres
09-11-2002, 01:50 PM
Once again, opinions mix with facts and everyone jumps on the stereotype bandwagon...

Halo is NOT the best game. There is no BEST GAME...thats up to each person's individual opinion...Morrowind is the best game as far as im concerned...

Bundy
09-11-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Once again, opinions mix with facts and everyone jumps on the stereotype bandwagon...

Halo is NOT the best game. There is no BEST GAME...thats up to each person's individual opinion...Morrowind is the best game as far as im concerned...

i agree with that but if we narrow it down to genres, I still stand by my first post.

Highlite23
09-11-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Dude, take a pill. I was talking about the Top 75 game list. And i hate all wagons, with or without stereos.;)

But you are correct, it's all opinion.

Tinny
09-11-2002, 01:57 PM
I have this game for nearly five months now. It was the first game I bought for my X-Box and I still play it and enjoy it immensely. No game I have played can achieve what Halo does. GTA3? Pah! MoH:AA? You kiddin'? Moto GP? Whatever.

Current fave games:

5. Jedi Knight 2 or Warcraft 3
4. GTA3
3. Moto GP (Joint with a few RTSs - Civ III, SC)
2. MoH:AA (Joint with a few other FPSs)
1. Halo

Sorry but I didn't think any game can topple my previous top 5 list so easily, but Halo proved me wrong. I love my FPSs (AvP,System Shock, MoH:AA*, Ghost Recon, Deux Ex, SoF, Half-Life etc) But Halo just beats the crap out of them. I expect that list to change by the end of this year though... probably with Halo still on top. Will Halo be toppled? Damn hell yes - but not in the very near future.

* Use to be my favourite FPS but then was toppled by Halo.

Does it have a irrational fan base? Some sort of hardcore fans keeping it alive? Well personally I really don't care. This game is great IMO and deserves totally to be the GOTY. Plus if you think about Mario, Sonic and Final Fantasy and their fan bases... Halos' is small.

SkoalMint
09-11-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by highlite23

And i hate all wagons, with or without stereos.;)

Do you also hate all types of bands??? ;)

Seriously tho, I think its going to take a lot of mass appeal to dethrone Halo. Another FPS might be able to do it or possibly and Action title. However, most of the other genres don't have the appeal to bring over fringe players. A game like Project Ego may be able to do it, but we will have to see. Maybe it will be dethroned by Halo2.

Highlite23
09-11-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by SkoalMint

Do you also hate all types of bands??? ;)

Seriously tho, I think its going to take a lot of mass appeal to dethrone Halo. Another FPS might be able to do it or possibly and Action title. However, most of the other genres don't have the appeal to bring over fringe players. A game like Project Ego may be able to do it, but we will have to see. Maybe it will be dethroned by Halo2.

Yes SkoalMint, i also hate all bands, except for the greatest band of all time...................................THE CARPENTERS

"..............I'm on top of the world, lookin' down on..........."

Everybody........................

LOL:rolleyes:

El Pollo Loco
09-11-2002, 02:59 PM
IMHO one major appeal of Halo is the same as Goldeneye. You can play online and have people over playing too. Drinkin some beers getting your ass handed to you with 3 buds in Halo is way better than being alone in a dark room playing quake.

GO BUCCS!!!
09-11-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by highlite23
I realize most of us really love Halo, let's face it, it was OUR baby. First title on OUR system. Plus a kick-ass game.

And i do realize with 300+ reviews it's not gonna be easy,(Of course there weren't too many games at the time either) but is there gonna be a title that bumps our Launch bad boy??

I find it humorouse though, that when a new contender flirts with taking over, we get a rash of short, mindless, "This game sucks" reviews. Somtimes they go as far as saying it isn't better than Halo in the review, which has got to raise some eyebrows as to the intent of the review. Was the review written to inform or just to make sure it doesn't tople Master Chief.

Is the loyalty to this game that strong?? Or is there really nothing better, yet.

Nothing will ever take away the greatness of this game, but why do i feel like there is this little underground movement to keep it on top.

Share your opinions with the inmates.;) dx2, doom 3, and rtcw is gonna smoke halo ass like a crack head smokes away his life.
poof! gone!

ScorpionX
09-11-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Bundy
I beleive UC is going to knock halo flat off the mountain and become the new king.

And then Halo 2 will knock UC off the mountain, there will never be a real winner.

maximan00
09-11-2002, 06:29 PM
Nothing can match the power of Halo except for Halo 2.

Knight
09-11-2002, 07:33 PM
Halo2 will de-throned it!! My Gamestop is starting to take preorders right now for Halo2!!

largen101
09-11-2002, 08:31 PM
Halo 2 is the obvious choice, but I think UC and Brute Force will give Halo a run for its money.:cool:

Slacker
09-11-2002, 08:51 PM
ANY Mary Kate and Ashley Game , Uhhh Britney spears dance beat ,,,HELLLO!!!! there the best games EVER!!!! DUH!!! Like DUH!!! ,,,,,

Okay for Reals, I am sure I will like Splinter Cell better than Halo, but I love stealth games , slow creeping crawling lying in the mud waiting to kill your enemy , but as for FPS Halo is on top but I think when Doom 3 comes out we will think it rules until , Halo 2 of course

DVDGNZ
09-12-2002, 04:32 AM
Duality will take care of Splinter Cell and UC may pull me away from Halo for a while. You can't beat online FPS's!

Goku_69
09-12-2002, 03:49 PM
Halo is the king right now and i think that is the way it should be. It brought gaming to a whole new level. I don't know about u guys but system link was a real eye opener for me, and the system and that game in general had me sold. I do think Halo 2 will be better not just because it's Halo but because Bungie works hard to make it the best.

And i like bands and hate wagons also!:cool: