PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Win on 2k3

Robflare
09-11-2002, 01:41 PM
Somebody tell me what I am doing wrong. I am playing on pro, fast speed--normal crawls--and using the Bucs. I consider myself to be an above average video game person and have done well with Madden over the years, and switched to NFL 2k2 last year when it came out in February. I throw at least 2 interceptions a half, and then Brooks, the Saints QB goes like 15 for 15 before even throwing an incomplete pass. Is Tampa that crappy or is it me?

Pipetender
09-11-2002, 03:08 PM
The biggest thing is to get much more playing time in. Also you have to time your passing and try not to make any throws over the middle since they get picked off a lot. Make sure you have maximum passing on so you can lead you reciever. On defence you should try and be the lineman because it is too fast of a game to be linebackers like in Madden. While being a lineman you can use the trigger buttons to try and get by the O-Line. That's about it. Just play more and you will get better.

Robflare
09-11-2002, 03:22 PM
Thanks,

With max passing I seem to screw up also, but I'll keep working on it. I don't want to be embarrassed off the screen come XBox Live time!!Nice pic! Are you a Dolphins guy up in Illinois? I live down here in Miami, and they are all pumped after the Detroit thumping. Norv Turner is going to do great things for this team.

Pipetender
09-11-2002, 03:24 PM
Yep, I'm a Dolphins fan from Illinois. Are you playing with the Dolphins?

robnyack
09-11-2002, 07:26 PM
I'm a long time Madden player, and I tyoo have stuggles with this game. It's HARD!...but, it's also realistic. You throw to a guy that is covered, he is not likely to catch it, unlike Madden. Not only will he not catch it, but there is a decent chance of getting picked, again unlike Madden.

Running is tough too....but, if you really work at it, it can be done and done realistically.

My suggestion, yo help you on your way, lower the sl;ider settings on your run game and passing game until you get a competative groove going. then go with it for a while and slowly raise the sliders until you get back tp default settings.

sliders are the best!

Pipetender
09-11-2002, 09:05 PM
Another thing you can do for the running plays is always make sure that your blockers and wide recievers are in the right spot. I used to run the play too fast and my blocked wasn't in the right spot yet so I was by myself.

Robflare
09-12-2002, 08:19 AM
Even though I live in Miami, I'm a Bucs fan. I grew up in Tampa. I think the Dolphins are going to be good though. I played with max passing on last night and it seemed to help on some completions, but some passes went horribly wrong!!! I got picked a few times. Have any of you tried to change a receivers route? It does not seem very accurate. If a running back is set to run a screen, I can't seem to make him run a slant when I switch it up.

Thanks for the slider tip. I just want to be decent on this game by XBOX Live time!!!!!

peejay2288
09-16-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Robflare
Somebody tell me what I am doing wrong. I am playing on pro, fast speed--normal crawls--and using the Bucs. I consider myself to be an above average video game person and have done well with Madden over the years, and switched to NFL 2k2 last year when it came out in February. I throw at least 2 interceptions a half, and then Brooks, the Saints QB goes like 15 for 15 before even throwing an incomplete pass. Is Tampa that crappy or is it me?

Give up videogames and pursue a hobby in collecting stamps.:)

KingAvi2k3
09-17-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by robnyack
I'm a long time Madden player, and I tyoo have stuggles with this game. It's HARD!...but, it's also realistic. You throw to a guy that is covered, he is not likely to catch it, unlike Madden. Not only will he not catch it, but there is a decent chance of getting picked, again unlike Madden.

Running is tough too....but, if you really work at it, it can be done and done realistically.

My suggestion, yo help you on your way, lower the sl;ider settings on your run game and passing game until you get a competative groove going. then go with it for a while and slowly raise the sliders until you get back tp default settings.

sliders are the best!

You practice at slower speed. You want to see the play develop first. Getting a better understand how the blockers are setting up the hole for your RB.