PDA

View Full Version : turning in sega gt

BORNGD
09-11-2002, 01:45 PM
i keep hitting walls...losing time...any good way to turn? hit the brakE?? any help?

nimm
09-11-2002, 02:37 PM
well, you should probably slow down a bit more before the turn ... cause you might be going too fast and thus getting carried into the wall (see the thread about the SS license test help ... there are pointers there on how to take turns)

also, you might want to tune your suspension to be a bit stiffer.

getting better tires improves traction and turning ability .... and weight reduction will also help handling.

--
hope that helps a bit :)

BORNGD
09-11-2002, 03:24 PM
thanks man

BullitNC
09-11-2002, 03:39 PM
Another thing to try if you haven't yet: use the 1st person view point. Those overhead views are very misleading. You tend to watch your own car the whole time, and aren't looking far enough down the track. Plus, from the 3rd person views, your car loks like it is wobbling all over the road. You do not get the same effect from the in car view. If you use the in car view, you can focus on the track ahead. It's easy to forget that you are probably driving close to 100 mph as you approach these turns. The turns come up on you faster than you think they will. Once you start to memorize the tracks, you find it easier to position your car before you get to the turns. Start wide, swing it in close to the curb on the inside, and let the car swing back out wide as you exit the turn. And be sure to slow down before you start turning, not in the middle of the turn. Once you can afford or win better cars, or upgrades for your car, it will get a little easier. Tires and suspension make a big difference in your car's handling.

Carnage
09-11-2002, 08:54 PM
yes, definately drive in the 1st person view. You can judge the corners much easier that way.

EHWfedPres
09-12-2002, 01:57 AM
hitting the E-brake on a turn will make you powerslide.

Integra Man
09-12-2002, 02:50 PM
suspension stiffen it a little. and MAKE sure u have sport tires cause A) u cant use that power of ur car if it wont grip and buy new suspension. and use the ebrake too.

oh ya and turn of TCS off on the options.

Carnage
09-12-2002, 03:04 PM
lol why would you turn traction control OFF? youll just spin outta control. also, ebraking doesnt do anything but either, slam you into a wall, or slow you down so much that youll get passed

nimm
09-12-2002, 03:25 PM
i think TCS is a great idea - so is the ability to turn it on and off. but turning it off gives this game a whole another level of difficulty (try getting the SS license test with no tcs or scs - its very hard) ...

ohh and about E-brake - i am not a fan ... if you want to talk about realism - using e-brake would absolutely kill your tires .... locking up your slicks ones, damages them, doing it in every turn would make you go to pits on every lap (in reality). being able to avoid all slides and still make awesome speed is what its all about .....

however, since this is a game – E brake is mucho fun ... and if you do it right you don't get slammed into a wall - instead you power-slide like a mad monkey from hell .... its really cool on replays too :P
----
EDIT ...
getting the SS license test with out the aid has been impossible for me ... so saying that its very hard is an understatement and by no means implies that i have done so .... just wanted to clear that up