PDA

View Full Version : Odai Plateau Weapon

whatsyourprob?
09-11-2002, 02:57 PM
Anyone know how to get "the weapon" on odai plateau... its the X on the map, and #29 in prophecies.

EHWfedPres
09-11-2002, 04:14 PM
Its not there. I looked all over the place and its not there. Its supposed to be an ebony sword, long or short...i forget, but its not there.

ScorpionX
09-11-2002, 04:34 PM
I think you have to be a member of House Hlaalu because you get a stronghold built on the plateau and there is a ebony shortsword sitting on a table there, thats probably it.

Dulacc
09-11-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Scorpion}{
I think you have to be a member of House Hlaalu because you get a stronghold built on the plateau and there is a ebony shortsword sitting on a table there, thats probably it.

Actually, all you have to do is have a Stronghold, in any of the three houses. Once you get to that level in any of the Houses, it creates the strongholds for the other 2 houses.

Actually, one of the Telvanni missions is to kill the heads of the 2 other strongholds.

On the map, the X is there to mark the location of the stronghold.

The Beastmaster
09-11-2002, 10:58 PM
I looked that sword up, spent hours looking for it several months ago, then looked it up if anyone else had found it on the Official Morrowind Forums Site, and sure enough, the sword is in the ground. And I mean, in the ground, as in stuck and not able to be reached via the Xbox version.
Some PC users said that they found the sword stuck in the Wireframe of the mountain/hill and that it was not reachable in the PC version without using a cheat. It was stuck in the ground. Go figure. I assume they fixed this in a patch for the PC version, but it doesn't help us Xboxers out.

whatsyourprob?
09-11-2002, 11:01 PM
Dang beastmaster, that sucks... do you know if its enchanted? i havent used beggars nose yet... and maybe telekinesis can reach it?

EHWfedPres
09-12-2002, 01:50 AM
well if your like me, who cares about a dumb ebony sword...I have a full collection of daedric weapons (everything except the shortsword)...and a ton of extras on the ground in Balmora...

GamemasterD
09-12-2002, 10:09 AM
Just an ebony sword? I get those on wholesale.

whatsyourprob?
09-12-2002, 12:10 PM
thats nice and all guys, but im a lvl 3 welp =] and that sword would be great for me (STILL waiting on goldbrand.. have about 20 more days to go) i SHOULD be able to walk up onto odai plateau and just grab it but...

The Beastmaster
09-12-2002, 01:39 PM
It's sad but true, it would be a nice weapon for a low level character, but it's not reachable via the Xbox.
If I remember right, in telekensis, you need to be able to click onto some type of target in order for that spell to do anything, but being that the sword is in the ground, and you can't see it or target it, and can only approximate roughly where it is located on the Xbox version so I don't think there is a way to get to it. Apparently, at least in the PC version you can use the editors and find it via the wireframe.