PDA

View Full Version : PGR = too real ??

[oXo]
09-12-2002, 09:34 AM
Hey guys.
Let me start by saying I LOVE PGR .....BUT I wonder if you guys have the same problem? Here goes....I sometimes find the corners VERY hard to spot when I have to turn. Most of the SF levels are EASY enuff to maneuver since the daylight here is somehow better than say Tokyo (too many shadows) I mean in daylight when shadows and all is on it's sometimes VERY difficult to see when EXACTLY to turn a corner. I think it's due to the fact that this game delivers such realistic and detailed levels where it is sometimes hard to make out the path to drive. Plz respond. I want to know if I'm losing my eyesight here - hehe. My friends also have problems with these corners and slam right into the rails even though the big lit signs are there. It's a "distance meassuring" problem i rekn...
We haven't even dared to drive at night *LOL*

[oXo]
09-12-2002, 01:13 PM
* B U M P *

c'mon some1 must have some experince with this to share ??

nascarfan515
09-12-2002, 03:08 PM
This might sound silly....if u do not like then u can shoot me..

It took me a while to master this problem but once u master it you will have no problem.Here is the answer to the problem:

Before you race..going into Time Trail and pracite that track over and over until u know every turn,etc.And try to make a map in ur head so u know "theres a left turn coming up" with out trying to guess the turn

nimm
09-12-2002, 04:45 PM
actually knowing the course is probably the only way to be able to beat it the way you want to ... whether is for kudos or for time - you need to know the course like the back of your hand - if you do time trial like "nascarfan515" suggested or just try the actual level over and over is up to you - either way should work just fine if you do it long enough you will succeed!!!

in real life - race car drivers don't just get into a car and drive - they study the course on paper - they study the course at slow speeds .. they walk the course before the race ... anything to know exactly when you break .. how long to break ... how hard to break - where to turn and when to hit the gas - and how much of it .... it doesn’t matter if you are talking about street racing like PGR or oval racing like NASCAR ... or GT 2k2 style -- knowing the turns by heart is the key! --- IMHO anyway :P

[oXo]
09-12-2002, 06:04 PM
Thanx guys...so I take it you also had some problems just flooring it and hoping to complete the track w/o getn creamed into a wall?. It's visually hard for me to judge the corner from the approach but you are VERY right in the fact that was it in real life 1 would NOT just floor it and hope to survive but study the course 1st. I also do this btw but found that the SF trax were MUCH easier to learn due to better lit courses. This is the 1st racing game where the visuals play trix on me and I have played almost ALL PC racing games out there. I don't mind taking a new approach to learning to master these tricky corners;)

Again thanx for good input :)

evil xbox king
09-13-2002, 03:12 AM
This may sound a tad boring, but when you try it then you will truly become the master of Project Gotham-

Change the TT (Time Trial) settings to night and rain. Then, head to the TT and select the appropriate track (or, do what I did- TT around all the tracks) and select one of the available cars. If you have only a few cars, try going around about 6 or 7 times. If you have alot of cars, 2 to 3 times would be great. Do half your TT's trying to get the fastest time and half trying to not hit any walls- Try the latter first!- Do this with all your cars. That's what I did and I would have been suprised if it took me over 3 tries to get the hardest race win- or, the max kudos!!! Most of the time I snapped it up on the first go.