PDA

View Full Version : Are the Hlaalu and Telvanni strongholds located anywhere near civilization?

GamemasterD
09-12-2002, 10:16 AM
Last time I played the game, I joined Redoran, but they build your stronghold out in no man's land. I want one near a town. Are either of the other's near a town? I hope so.

SlightlySycho
09-12-2002, 11:42 AM
Hlaalu? Yes. It's just south of Balmora. Thirty second walk. I don't think it's that big, though.

Telvanni? It's worse than Redoran. It's in Molag Mar at Uvirith's Grave. Surrounded by a $#!+load of nothing. Well, not exactly nothing; there's quite a few monsters around there too, not to mention a big lake of fire. Not even a path, and it's a bugger to find. [EDIT: I forgot about the constant ash storms of the area. Can't forget the ash storms!] Oh, and it's still smaller than the Redoran Stronghold.

[NOTE: I'm not entirely sure about this. As you progress in each Great House, you eventually get a quest to assassinate the master's of the opposing House's strongholds. I can only presume they're the other House's Strongholds because the Hlaalu Stronghold wasn't there when I started the game.]

GamemasterD
09-12-2002, 12:26 PM
In that case, the Redoran guy's home is HUGE. MEGA HUGE.

Not too many shelves to display all my toys, though.

I'll use the dual house trick to join Redoran and Hlaalu.

Edit: You can find Uvilith's grave during a Temple quest...they mark it on the map for you. But it's out in the boonies big time. Wouldn't want a stronghold there for anything.

whatsyourprob?
09-13-2002, 06:50 PM
hlaalu's hold is built up on odai plateau.... very close to balmora and hla oad... seyda neen isnt too far away either.

i think im going to join the hlaalu house just for its location... but i hate that they're into slavery =[ but i guess you do a lot of in-house cleaning, so maybe i can kill the slave traders? too bad the redoran house isnt up on that hill instead =[