PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind: Tribunal

GamemasterD
09-12-2002, 11:09 AM
What are the key features of Tribunal?

Expansion Pack for the award winning Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
Can be experienced by any player and any point.
Travel to majestic Mournhold, the ancient capital city of Morrowind.
Delve into new epic-sized dungeons.
Unravel the mysteries of The Clockwork City of Sotha Sil.
Battle goblins, liches, and the mysterious Fabricants.
Experience new quests, armor, weapons, and more.
Sort quests and annotate maps in the new Journal system.
How many hours of added gameplay are there?
Between 20 and 40 hours, depending on how many of the quests you do.

Do I have to start a new character to play Tribunal?
No, Tribunal is designed to be played by any character at any time, whether you are just starting, in the middle, or have already finished the main quest of Morrowind. It adds into the existing world and you can travel back and forth from Vvardenfell to Mournhold.

I have a very powerful character. Will Tribunal offer new challenges?
Yes, whereas you can start Tribunal at any level, you will eventually need to be very high level to finish the Tribunal main quest. Overall, Tribunal caters toward very powerful and high level characters.

Is Tribunal compatible with The Elder Scrolls Construction Set?
Yes. Tribunal is another master file, and the Construction Set has been designed to handle multiple master files. Your current plugins will still work in conjunction with Tribunal, and you will now be able to make plugins that make changes or use assets from both the Morrowind master and the Tribunal master file.

How does the new Journal system work?
The journal now allows you to view entries by quest, and view the quest list by active and completed quests. All quests in Morrowind and Tribunal can be viewed this way, so it's backwards compatible with old quests you are in the middle of now.

How does the new Map system work?
You can now place notes on the map. Simply double click where you want to put a note. An icon will appear on your map, and when you rollover it in the future, you can read or edit your comment.

What are the system specs?
They are the same as Morrowind.

Is Tribunal coming out for Xbox?
No. It is a PC only product.

I can't get my paychecks fast enough...I'm going to buy a PC as soon as I can. Not because of this, though; it's 'cause I don't have one at all.Link. (www.elderscrolls.com)

SlightlySycho
09-12-2002, 12:11 PM
Have I mentioned how ****ed off I am about this? I have? Then I guess I'll just have to repeat myself.

Bethesda pushes back the Morrowind release for like three months without one word explaining why.
When they finally do release the game, it has a bug that causes it to lock up randomly, with the chances increasing as your character file gets larger. They say it's impossible to fix because it's too rare, even though like 75% of people report this problem.
They refuse to make any patches for the XBox version, claiming it's impossible to patch console games. But one of the key features of the XBox is it's hard drive, which was largely included so that gamers could download extra content. Hell, we've already seen a game be patched: DOA3.
And now, they're only releasing this expansion for PC. PC players have also recieved from patches Area-Effect arrows, additional sounds for the Bitter Coast, two additional sets of armor, a quest for a powerful helm, a quest for a master Propylon index, and an entertainer who can sing, juggle, play the lute, tell jokes, and dance, all from easilly downloaded free plugins. Even if it were a question of storage, the XB hard drive is 8 gigs. The hard drive in my computer is only 6 gigs and it took me four years to fill it up. And that's with a gaggle of 400+ megabyte games!

It's like they think we're retarded!
Given, I love Morrowind. It's a great RPG, and I plan on buying the sequel on name value only. But if Bethesda keeps snubbing console gamers like this I might just blow them off entirely.:mad:

GamemasterD
09-12-2002, 12:24 PM
I don't see why they can't add more weapons and armor...that'd be similar to the DOA add-on.

Ruiner
09-17-2002, 06:13 PM
Bethesda not making tribunal for xbox is this:
BULL****!
morrowind was an incomplete game. If it WAS a complete game, it wouldnt NEED an expansion. Xbox MW is the same as PC MW and lacks the same things. I didnt pay $80 f*ckin dollars for an incomplete game.

How can they give only half their audience the rest of the game?

EHWfedPres
09-17-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Ruiner
morrowind was an incomplete game. If it WAS a complete game, it wouldnt NEED an expansion.

That was the dumbest thing you probably ever said...

Expansion means expanding, adding on to something else...not completion...

SlightlySycho
09-17-2002, 09:04 PM
Yeah, he's right. Expansions are just additional content. Stuff they had to cut because of time constraints. New ideas they've had since the game came out. Things they couldn't fit onto the original disk (such as the new island). Basically enough new things that they think they can sell and is too bulky to download.

Though I will agree with you that Bethesda's failure to release the expansion for the XBox is bull$#!+. Complete and utter bull$#!+. Bethesda knows they could make this expansion for the XBox. They're just not willing to spend the time and money to develop it. And that ****es me off most egregiously.:mad:

Y'know, I'd probably be willing to drop another fifty bucks if they just released a combination of those two games: Morrowind and Tribunal on the same disk. I mean, the original Morrowind was only a CD, right? I'd be surprised if they couldn't fit two CDs worth of info on one DVD. I don't think I'd mind that much if I had to start all over from scratch, either. But, once again, Bethesda's just not gonna spend the money to develop it for the XBox.

Come to think of it, if any of y'all own the PC version of Morrowind, please don't buy this expansion . . . at least not at the initial release. Wait a month or two, that's all I'm asking. And the reason I'm saying this is because if we boycott their console games, then they're just going to stop developing for the XBox period. But if we can make them sphinct a little on the PC front, then they might just start taking the XBox market more seriously.
Thanks.

GamemasterD
09-18-2002, 03:11 PM
Just flood Bethesda with emails begging for some add-ons for the Xbox version. I'm sure they could add new weapons and armor...look at DOA 3 (clothes).

Ruiner
09-18-2002, 06:56 PM
K, sry i was wrong
MW is an incomplete game because it has bugs that wipe out files and shutdown play constantly.
the plot, and gameplay of the game is finished. But no finished console game should have bugs like this. I can understand that MW is a huge game but still, they shouldnt release a game that has serious problems like this

Duke
09-19-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by GamemasterD
Just flood Bethesda with emails begging for some add-ons for the Xbox version. I'm sure they could add new weapons and armor...look at DOA 3 (clothes).

The thing is they would have had to include "hooks" or whatever they're calling 'em these days that would allow for future expansion.

Seems to me if they had done that, Tribunal would probably be scheduled for release on the Xbox. I have no proof whether they did this or not, but it makes sense to me.

whatsyourprob?
09-19-2002, 11:14 AM
i like morrowind, but truth is, once PE, BC, or unreal comes out, i wont give it another look... but they should have left hooks in the game, its half-assed that they didnt... and i really dont care to support a company who dosent give a flyin' f about my demographic... i think if WoW is announced for xbox tonight, better believe bethesda will be kickin itself in the ass, seeing how they had a big jump on everyone in the rpg genre for xbox.

ride
09-19-2002, 02:11 PM
And now, they're only releasing this expansion for PC. PC players have also recieved from patches Area-Effect arrows, additional sounds for the Bitter Coast, two additional sets of armor, a quest for a powerful helm, a quest for a master Propylon index, and an entertainer who can sing, juggle, play the lute, tell jokes, and dance, all from easilly downloaded free plugins.

I'm sure they knew these were going to be released when they were making the Xbox version, so why didn't they incorporate them into the xbox code???

I for one am done with Bethesda games PC or Xbox!

VIVA LA BOYCOTT
:D

GamemasterD
09-25-2002, 12:37 AM
I think they simply should've waited at least 6 months after the release of the PC version before releasing the Xbox version...that way they could've left hooks and fixed the bugs.