PDA

View Full Version : MMORPG's for xbox live

Ruiner
09-12-2002, 06:05 PM
Are there any other than PSO?
i would really like a MMORPG (for those of you who dont know, its a massively-multiplayer-online-role playing game)

Any info would be greatly appreciated~

Shadow20002
09-13-2002, 01:16 PM
Yes, his name is call True Fantasy Live Online. This one is published and developed by Microsoft, that's mean "exclusively" on Xbox. Check out the product profile of the game. Yeah, some MMORPGs fans are very happy to have this one :cool:.

Xtopia
09-13-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
Yes, his name is call True Fantasy Live Online. This one is published and developed by Microsoft, that's mean "exclusively" on Xbox. Check out the product profile of the game. Yeah, some MMORPGs fans are very happy to have this one :cool:.

I wish it weren't cell shaded...but, oh well...

SkoalMint
09-13-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia

I wish it weren't cell shaded...but, oh well...

NOOOOOOOOOOO. Say it isn't so. I haven't read much about it yet, but I was glad to see MS making an exclusive MMORPG for the Xbox. Now you say it is cel shaded??? Personally I hate cel shaded games.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

GamemasterD
09-13-2002, 02:09 PM
It isn't cel-shaded from what I've seen.

SkoalMint
09-13-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by GamemasterD
It isn't cel-shaded from what I've seen.

I just saw some screen shots and it looks cel-shaded to me. However, they have done a very good job with it.

EHWfedPres
09-13-2002, 02:55 PM
I just hope we dont get any of those big ass 3d crap-looking ones like DAOC or EQ...Ultima Online is the way to be!

Knight
09-13-2002, 03:38 PM
And there making Star Wars Galaxies for XBL!!

SlightlySycho
09-13-2002, 06:27 PM
I think they're going for an animated style without cel shading. I saw a picture of a giant tortoise that looked pretty bump mapped to me.

ZooLaBuS
09-15-2002, 12:59 PM
I think only the characters are cel shaded!

Spacewolf
09-16-2002, 01:36 AM
Star Wars Galaxies is suppose to be on Xbox. It is the Star Wars version of Everquest.

The Beastmaster
09-16-2002, 02:15 AM
Haven't looked into this one yet either, but I'd take cel shaded over anime anyday.

Brutal Grace
09-16-2002, 07:22 PM
Dominion (Pharaoh Productions)
Shen Megami Tensei Nine (Atlus, online in 2003)
Legend of the Sun (DreamForge)
Fatherdale (Snowball Interactive)
Shining Lore (Phantagram)
there's a Matrix game coming somewhere down the line, too

SlightlySycho
09-16-2002, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I was wrong. I got a closer look at one of the screenshots of the turtle creature and it's cel shaded. I was thrown by the fact that the characters lack a hard black line.

Actually, come to think of it, a cel shaded MMORPG is downright genius. One of the things that are consistently asked in games like this is "how big can battles be?" The response is usually akin to, "Not too big; you can only push the hardware so far." But Cel Shading doesn't really put the same strain on the hardware, does it? That allows for more characters onscreen at a time.
Unless I'm totally wrong about that. In which case, feel free to correct me.:confused:

ZooLaBuS
09-16-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho
Yeah, I was wrong. I got a closer look at one of the screenshots of the turtle creature and it's cel shaded. I was thrown by the fact that the characters lack a hard black line.

Actually, come to think of it, a cel shaded MMORPG is downright genius. One of the things that are consistently asked in games like this is "how big can battles be?" The response is usually akin to, "Not too big; you can only push the hardware so far." But Cel Shading doesn't really put the same strain on the hardware, does it? That allows for more characters onscreen at a time.
Unless I'm totally wrong about that. In which case, feel free to correct me.:confused:

I don't know ethier but that sounds right...

GamemasterD
09-17-2002, 12:26 PM
From what I've read of different developer interviews, cel-shaded graphics are no easier on hardware than any other kind of graphics. I can't provide any links, though...my bad.

Ruiner
09-17-2002, 06:05 PM
Hey guys, thanks for all the info
i dont mind the celshaded graphics that much, i realy like the look of JSRF and if they do it as well as JSRF did, ill be happy.

OUberLord
09-22-2002, 01:51 PM
I claim little knowledge of graphics programming, but I would assume that since cel shading is on characters with polygons, its gonna be no different there. With the textures, in a conventional graphics system you just have the textures that can be high res and the shadow below. in a cel shaded game you have the shadow below. However on the character if something is blocking a light source it calculates the area behind that and makes it a different color. (See JSRF) So I would assume that a cel shaded game and a conventional game would still be the same, but since were talking about the xbox does it really matter? ;)

Spartan IV
09-24-2002, 04:20 PM
the only games i've seen that i like and use cel chading are, Cel damage, and that eurpoean one called XIII (13)

Silenced Soul
11-24-2002, 08:10 PM
Is this game gona be releassed in North America?!
and if so what date?!
HL:confused:

EHWfedPres
11-26-2002, 03:28 PM
Personally, I hate any game with japaneese cartoon midgets.

Silenced Soul
11-26-2002, 05:17 PM
i didnt ask that!
wastin my time!
sory im ****ed casue i dono
anyway what games u have?
u gona get pso?:)