PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 Party/Multiplayer Xbox Games

Dutch_72
09-12-2002, 06:34 PM
Forget replay value. Forget depth. I am looking for your top 3 Xbox games that are just plain fun to play on one given night with a foursome of guys (some of whom may not be great video game players). Easy to pick up, plain ole fun games. Let's hear em :) Thanks in advance.

Dutch

ScorpionX
09-12-2002, 06:35 PM
My favorites are:

Halo
Turok: Evolution
Cel Damage
Totaled!

Snoopy7548
09-12-2002, 06:59 PM
fuzion frenzy
halo
and i cant think of any more

meda1ni
09-12-2002, 07:00 PM
Well out of all my games(15;) )

1 HALO (SYSTEM LINK)
2 NASCAR HEAT (SYSTEM LINK)
3 NFL FEVER 2003 (SYSTEM LINK)
NHL HITZ 2002 ( NO SYSTEM LINK,but still fast and fun)

Mercury
09-12-2002, 07:05 PM
Fusion Frenzy
Turok
Halo

jon_rules_69
09-12-2002, 07:07 PM
My favourite three multiplayer games are:

1. Halo
2. Totaled!
3. NFL Fever 2002/2003

EHWfedPres
09-12-2002, 08:03 PM
NHL Hitz is amazing with a bunch of people...heck, its amazing even with 2 people, that game rules.

Halo is real fun with a ton of people who actually know whats going on.

CajunIsRagin
09-12-2002, 08:56 PM
Here are my three:

HALO ( 3 X Boxes, 3 TV's, 9 people, fun, fun, fun ) :eek:
HUNTER The Reckoning ( 4 player Co Op )
FUSION FRENZY

Btw: I so wanna try 16 player system link on Halo.I haven't had the pleasure. :(

GthmRcng
09-12-2002, 09:11 PM
halo on xbconnect will have u playin for hours:eek:

GokuX
09-13-2002, 02:09 AM
1) Halo: like some many others have mentioned.

2) DOA 3: Tag Team matches can be fun for quite some time.

3) Rallisport Challenge: Can keep you busy for hours upon hours, even more hours if you've unlocked some crud.

4) Project Gotham: Again racing is fun, running into other players' cars is fun.

5) Gauntlet Dark Legacy: This one is really more of a multi night deal. My firends and I enjoyed probably about 5 or 6 seperate sessions, some lasting 6 hours--horrible eh? BTW you have to reset the game after 4 hours because the textures really mess up at the 4 hour mark. Competing to build up your player's power levels is fun for some reason. We beat the game and had a blast the entire time.

Bakeman
09-13-2002, 02:46 AM
I think Outlaw Golf is fun with a bunch of peeps.. but it might not be a pick up and go kinda game.

I only playe NHL Hitz for alittle bit.. but that one seems like a good call for the situation...

sorry can't think of any others.. atleast none that haven't been mentioned.

GthmRcng
09-13-2002, 07:03 AM
Oh yea and also Hunter the Reckoning is an awsome 4-player single screen game.

mahalan
09-13-2002, 08:28 AM
Since you threw on the "just pick up and play" caveat, it rules out Outlaw Golf since someone who knows what they're doing has a HUGE advantage. This makes the three:

1. PGR - Pure multiplayer goodness without the calories
2. Halo - A chance to exact some revenge on the guy who passed you just before finishing the race
3. DOA3 - Okay, so he got lucky on the track and with the sniper rifle but now you can kick his butt!

sleepyfloyd64
09-13-2002, 12:51 PM
1) Halo
2) Halo
3) Halo

'nuff said!

EHWfedPres
09-13-2002, 02:38 PM
Project Gotham sucks so bad...i'll stick with my perfect team on Hitz...

and Hunter gets boring way too fast...WAY too fast.

Carnage
09-13-2002, 03:01 PM
yeah, pgr isnt fun at all if you dont know how to play it

rallisport is great
halo is overplayed.. but youll still enjoy a couple hours of it ;)

EHWfedPres
09-13-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Carnage
yeah, pgr isnt fun at all if you dont know how to play it

rallisport is great
halo is overplayed.. but youll still enjoy a couple hours of it ;)

Halo is probably the best multiplayer game...but nowhere near the best single player game...that goes to Morrowind...name one other game that is that vast, and you can do so much as well...plus its fun, unless your a retard and dont even know how to get out of seyda neen...:D

GthmRcng
09-13-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Project Gotham sucks so bad...i'll stick with my perfect team on Hitz...

and Hunter gets boring way too fast...WAY too fast.

you obviously have the worst taste in games. Who in their right mind would choose Hitz over PGR and Hunter:The Reckoning

EHWfedPres
09-13-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by GthmRcng

you obviously have the worst taste in games. Who in their right mind would choose Hitz over PGR and Hunter:The Reckoning

I believe its called an OPINION, so who gives a crap what you like, so screw off or something...

KviK
09-13-2002, 08:59 PM
no point saying halo, everyone owns the game.

so fusion frenzy

mrmp3
09-13-2002, 09:53 PM
Halo by far is thee best system link game. For some reason, my friends won't even try the other system link games. They just love Halo. Halo is kind of like Counter-Strike. Addicting as hell, never gets old, but Counter-Strike is much easier to get going then having to get 8 people to come to someone's house. I haven't played 12 or 16 way but 8 way is just fine with me. You may find it dumb that Fuzion Frenzy is a hot pick by many people. I personally hate the game (I like a couple mini-games that I play for hours sometimes like Roller Ruckus or that one like Dance Dance Revolution but most of the other stuff is garbage) but my friends seem to dig the game a lot maybe because they love insulting Dub and Samson for some unknown reason. Hunter is good but not a buy. Defintely worth rentals till yah beat it though. PGR isn't a pick up and play type of game. To earn kudos takes some practice and so does having control over cars however, after a while, if your a non racing fan like me, it's gets really fun. I love NHL Hitz! However, those who don't dig the fast paced adrenaline style may not like it. True people loved the 3D audience and the checks thru glass, but I was kicking ass big time against these guys. Like 10-0 after the first period. Final score was like 24-0 so we never played it again. I hear Fever is enjoyed with lots of people but maybe you and a buddy should just rent it instead of buying it as it's the same as last year from what i hear. Signing off...

tWoTOMA
09-14-2002, 07:52 PM
1. Halo
2. Hitz, Blitz depending on which sport you like.
3. Fuzion Frenzy, severely overrated.

EHWfedPres
09-14-2002, 10:24 PM
My highest scoring game of Hitz was 32-0. The most hits I had in one game was somewhere over 140...

Calve
09-16-2002, 10:06 PM
1. Halo
2. PGR
3. DOA3

UFC: Tapout is sick too:p

OZXboxAddict
09-16-2002, 11:20 PM
Most people have gone over this but:

Halo, Hunter, DOA3, Rallisport. Haven't had friends over yet for Mulitplayer Turok but I think it should cater for it well.

Game I am waiting for though the most in this vein is Deathrow! Looks Brutal!!