PDA

View Full Version : Xbo Live Beta Testers

mticha_21
09-12-2002, 09:38 PM
I just found out that i am a beta tester and for me to order my beta kit before i do this i wanna know,what ganes do i get,what do i need and does all the stuff that comes with the kit all i need,and since im a beta tester will i have to pay a years service worth of xbox live.....and if i do what is the cost for that...some answers would be appreciated...thank you

Plewis
09-12-2002, 09:55 PM
POST IN GENERAL XBOX LIVE DISCUSSION... or mods move this... mticha is a little slow in this area... and oh yeah... mticha... SHADDUP!:D

mticha_21
09-12-2002, 10:09 PM
lol my bad i didnt no there was an xbox live section...plz mods move this..

Batman2372
09-13-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by mticha_21
I just found out that i am a beta tester and for me to order my beta kit before i do this i wanna know,what ganes do i get,what do i need and does all the stuff that comes with the kit all i need,and since im a beta tester will i have to pay a years service worth of xbox live.....and if i do what is the cost for that...some answers would be appreciated...thank you

*sigh*... somebody tell me again, why did Microsoft even give out those surveys...

CrazyCougar
09-13-2002, 10:52 AM
Once again, the surveys were used to make final decisions on who is in and who is not. At least 75% of your beta testers were already chosen before the surveys came out and thats why you see so many testers that never received a survey. They didnt need o fill one out because they already met MS's requirements.

Batman2372
09-13-2002, 11:20 AM
I'm sorry, Crazy, but I don't buy that. There are too many guys (and girls, no offense meant) who were accepted that are doing one of the following:

1. I got this Beta kit email... will someone explain what the whole beta thing is about?

2. I got the Beta email, ordered the kit. Do I need a router, do I need cat-5 cables, etc.

3. I got the Beta email, and I don't even have an Xbox.

If the majority of the Beta testers had already been chosen because "they met the requirements", you wouldn't be seeing this kind of thing.

It's over, it's done with, whatever. It's just frustrating to be sitting on the sidelines watching a bunch of people who were chosen "because they better met the requirements", when in reality, they don't have a clue.

I've given up on Xbox until the Live release. I'm playing America's Army on my PC.

DrUnKtAnK
09-13-2002, 03:47 PM
Check the official site for your questions to the beta:
http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/default.htm

CrazyCougar
09-13-2002, 04:01 PM
Hey Batman, I forgot one thing , :D ,that was of course in my own opinion...LOL! Thats the most important part of my statement and I forgot it. Dont wanna tread on anyones toes.