PDA

View Full Version : Soundtrack support? Anyone...? Hello...? Echo...?

Master Gracey
09-12-2002, 11:50 PM
Am I the only one who's getting a shade p'd off about the lack of games with soundtrack support? It's not like it'd be a tough call for some of the games that are out there... Why would anyone buy a sports game or a racing game that doesn't allow you to play your own music? Why are we forced to listen to the leftover garbage that's not even good enough to get onto that cesspool called MTV?

(I am in no way saying MTV is good... because I think it's evolved into the landfill of cable television. Just that the songs on these games are worse than the crap that's played there.)

Seriously! These songs are about the quality of the garbage used in commercials! What's wrong with turning that little bit of control over to us? I have around 900 CDs brimming with tracks that are screaming to jump onto the Xbox... but there's no reason to put them there.

I can understand certain games not making use of the feature. Silent Hill, Morrowind, Lord of the Rings, Project Ego... these are all games that try to build an atmosphere, and sound is an important part of that atmosphere. But sports games? Racing games? Beat-em-up games?

What would you rather hear as you're flying around the racetrack smashing up cars for fun? The Se-x Pistols "Pretty Vacant" or that Naked Grannies song bemoaning life in white middle-class L.A.? I think the choice is clear... that is, clear to everyone but these game developers.

From this point on, I will no longer buy any game that omits soundtrack support for no good reason. If these companies want my support, they'll support my soundtrack.

xboxmaster2002
09-13-2002, 12:05 AM
yes im ****ed about it too... but i was happy to see sega GT has soundtrack support.