PDA

View Full Version : Xbox ate a cd! WTF!

Reversion
09-13-2002, 06:55 PM
My xbox drive was being a bit fuunny opening haf way then closing, i thought nothing of it so i turned it off and turned it on again pressed open then it opened.. but hold on where the ****k was the cd?

JAMMED INSIDE! , the fsking xbox ATE A CD! wtf? this xbox has suffered nothing other then smooth caress's and pampering throughout its life and it ATE MY FSING CD!

And i thought to myself.. MS you are so lucy thats a music cd, if that was a 96$ fsing game i tell you what i would be going ballistic right now..

Even worse WHAT IF IT WAS A RENTAL! id be suffering 7.50$ (AUD) each night while ms got its ****ing act into gear to give me it backk..

Im taking the system to kmart australia where i bought it today and should get an exchange coz i know ppl who work there, but jebus what is microsoft going to do about getting me my music cd back NOTHING I BET!

ARghrgrhgrghgrhrghrghrgr

can you tell im not happy?

EHWfedPres
09-13-2002, 07:23 PM
Well...that sucks.

Animal
09-13-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Reversion
My xbox drive was being a bit fuunny opening haf way then closing, i thought nothing of it so i turned it off and turned it on again pressed open then it opened.. but hold on where the ****k was the cd?

JAMMED INSIDE! , the fsking xbox ATE A CD! wtf? this xbox has suffered nothing other then smooth caress's and pampering throughout its life and it ATE MY FSING CD!

And i thought to myself.. MS you are so lucy thats a music cd, if that was a 96$ fsing game i tell you what i would be going ballistic right now..

Even worse WHAT IF IT WAS A RENTAL! id be suffering 7.50$ (AUD) each night while ms got its ****ing act into gear to give me it backk..

Im taking the system to kmart australia where i bought it today and should get an exchange coz i know ppl who work there, but jebus what is microsoft going to do about getting me my music cd back NOTHING I BET!

ARghrgrhgrghgrhrghrghrgr

That can happen with any system/PC :eek:

Carnage
09-13-2002, 07:29 PM
only time ive ever heard of this happening was when someone put the cd in wrong. they didnt sit in properly in the tray, and when they closed it, it jammed. but as for the cd spinning outta the tray and getting stuck somewhere in your xbox.. heh now thats odd ;)

Whisper
09-13-2002, 07:35 PM
another dis-satisfied xboxer... when will they stop coming?

VenoM
09-13-2002, 07:41 PM
guess your xbox was hungry :D ...........................im only joking..seriously that sucks :(

wweomaniac
09-13-2002, 07:44 PM
can you tell im not happy? no you're not.

yo... u got a little hole next to the tray that you sticka paper clip in and it opened your drive.

did you try that?

little hole... paper clip...t ry it out and tell us how it goes.

Reversion
09-13-2002, 07:52 PM
heh cd was playing and then i went to eject so i didnt put it in tray properly.. its just my fsking bad luck.. and yeah manual cd eject wont help if the cd is jammed in the back of the box..

Who said im a disssatasfied boxer? lol but imagine if i had to pay 7.50 a night until ms bought back my probably damaged rental cd.. and then imagine if the cd store made me pay for it..

and it didnt work...

then imagine how much id hate ms for eternity.. lo i doubt they will refund the cd or even return it!

Reversion
09-13-2002, 08:12 PM
You know what sucks more? ive had it for more then 90 days and so the warranty isnt worth ****, which means i now have a ****ing nonworking heap of ****.. as far as im concerned micro**** ****ing made them like this so ppl like me would have to go and buy a new one.. the eject light broke about 2 months before..

Xbox "customer care" left me on hold for 25 minutes before i huungup.. i guess im completely ****ed and dont have an xbox now .. Wow thankyou microsoft for taking mym 400$

ShannonX
09-13-2002, 08:28 PM
i got the extended warranty, still have another year left on it... =) but so far, my xbox has worked perfectly. guess i got something to be thankful about since i got it on launch.

ScorpionX
09-13-2002, 08:34 PM
Well one time I was lazy and just threw the Halo disk in and pressed the button. It wasn't in the tray, and when it closed it scratched and bent the disk, it was the most awful sound ever. http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif I am glad it still works though.

Reversion
09-13-2002, 08:47 PM
Ooooh me thinks good news..

Firstly i rang a nice local xbox modder/repairer and he said itll cost bout 40$ to repair but he said in Australia xbox's have a 1 year warranty

SHAWWWINNGGGGGGGGGGG

wweomaniac
09-13-2002, 09:03 PM
K.. when my Xbox broke.... after the warranty (3 months)... I went back to Future Shop (where I bought the XBox) and told them that I was never told of their extended warranty for xbox. They gave me a 2 year extended warraty for $50.

MerimacHamwich
09-13-2002, 09:49 PM
Sounds like you made an error whe putting the cd in and now you are blaming it on innocent technology. You hvae to put the disc in the circular part of the tray. Plus I never believe these lies. There are so many stupid posts about how peoples xboxs screwed up that make no sense. Lies

bjones7259
09-14-2002, 12:58 AM
ive never done it but there a little botton you can push with a paperclip that is said to open the tray...have you tried that?

Reversion
09-14-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Sounds like you made an error whe putting the cd in and now you are blaming it on innocent technology. You hvae to put the disc in the circular part of the tray. Plus I never believe these lies. There are so many stupid posts about how peoples xboxs screwed up that make no sense. Lies

MerimacHamwich

If you bothered to read before going ahead with your nasty comments youd realise the cd was playing music fine, yes it must of been in the wrong position for the laser to be alligned with the tracks *nods head*

ps: everyone, Microsoft australia mails you a box with free postage **** and u put ure xbox in and then they mail it back repaired within 9 days.. she also took the name of the cd incase they break it getting it out which hopefully means theyll replace it if they do..

Im astounded by this as i thought it was the same as america with only the 90 day thing but it turns out they do this mail back repair for a full year afterwards! even if you didnt fillout a reg thing you just give em box's serial number , im stoked and very happy only thing that ****s me is 9 days with no xbox :D

heh oh well time to play the ol computer.

*calms down*

Nas
09-14-2002, 10:16 AM
hey man, this happened to me also, but i fixed it. I was watching the scary movie 2 dvd...it was one a friend stole from blockbuster lol (shhh!)...anyways, u know how most of their movies have that white sticker-ring around the center that has some number on it? well i removed it, but it still had all that sticky residue on it, but i thought nothing of if. so i put it in the xbox, and i noticed the dvd was skippin, so i'm like ok wtf. i ejected, and first the tray wouldn't come out! then finally the tray came out, but the disc was still inside! what happened is that the sticky stuff around that ring had stick to the little thing that spins the disc! maybe somethin like this happend to you too...all i did (i know this seems violent, but it worked) stuck a knife in and just pretty much pryed (sp?) the cd off of the spindle thingy and then when it came off, just dumped the disc out. Maybe u should try that......open the disc tray, and then unplug it so you can work with the tray open. My xbox is a launch xbox also (although i bought it from my friend in june). but i still haven't had any problems techincally with it. that disc problem was my dumbass fault, not the xbox's.

well hope maybe that helped...peace

MerimacHamwich
09-14-2002, 01:27 PM
I really dont see how your xbox could "eat a cd" unless something like hwat happened to nas happened to you.

peejay2288
09-14-2002, 02:50 PM

ARghrgrhgrghgrhrghrghrgr

Just open up the xbox and get it out! Geez:rolleyes: , wut a dummy!!!!

Reversion
09-14-2002, 07:51 PM
Lol i love it how u call me a dummy but assume you know what i have or havnt tried, i tried pliers they snapped off the CD before it even moved 1 mm