PDA

View Full Version : Bought the airflow controller.



chili325
09-14-2002, 04:58 PM
this thing works in cooling ur hands and is actually a decent controller, though not as solid as the official xbox ones. My main concern however is that when i went to use it on xbl, the communicator would not fit in the memory slots, it kinda fits in the first one, but doesnt go deep enough for a connection, it doesnt fit in the second one at all. Luckily, memory cards do fit. So if ur planing on buying this u may want to reconsider if u will be playing online alot.

Kraft
09-14-2002, 06:00 PM
Just wondering, but how loud is the fan in the controller?

chili325
09-14-2002, 06:21 PM
It like one of those tiny portable fans, that may not help but its hard to describe. But its not as loud as the xbox fan so its not bad.

Pipetender
09-15-2002, 12:46 AM
Does your hand really get that hot?

netranger6
09-15-2002, 10:23 AM
I bought one too, and the black button has stopped working already, and this is day 3!

Pipetender
09-15-2002, 10:52 AM
Sounds like a gimic to me. Who's hand actually gets that hot where you need a fan? Do you consider playing your Xbox to be exercise?

RPGr
09-15-2002, 11:06 AM
Some games tend to make peoples hands sweat more than others. Mine would sweat alot playing online football on my DC. But it sounds like this controller has a few bugs in it to warrant a purchase by me.

ZooLaBuS
09-15-2002, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't buy it. I never sweat when I play games. Plus if it is cheap and already breaking I would take it back!!!

y2kash_14
09-15-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by RPGr
Some games tend to make peoples hands sweat more than others.

this controller's sales are gonna sky-rocket once Dead or Alive Volleyball comes out :rolleyes:

Bakeman
09-15-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Pipetender
Sounds like a gimic to me. Who's hand actually gets that hot where you need a fan? Do you consider playing your Xbox to be exercise?


There are people that have problems where their hands just sweat. Their hands probably don't even feel hot.. just sweat beening pressed against plastic for possibly up to 3 hours at a time playing video games. Just accept the fact that a controller with a fan came out and let people be.

CrazyCougar
09-16-2002, 01:17 AM
I like the idea of a fan in the controller, but the craftsmanship sounds a little shotty. Dont think I'll buy one, but I was considering it when I first saw it advertised. I like my S controller.

chili325
09-16-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar
I like the idea of a fan in the controller, but the craftsmanship sounds a little shotty. Dont think I'll buy one, but I was considering it when I first saw it advertised. I like my S controller. Thats pretty much it. If they had made a sturdy controller with this fan it would have been incredible. Unfortunately im a compulsive buyer. I own 6 controllers now.

Ruiner
09-16-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14


this controller's sales are gonna sky-rocket once Dead or Alive Volleyball comes out :rolleyes:



lol