PDA

View Full Version : Controllers

nogjedi
09-14-2002, 11:25 PM
Both my official xbox controllers( the regular ones) have button problems. One is when i hit the left trigger it keeps on spinning me in aggressive inline. I push it it pops back into place but when i jump he turns. My other one is that the d-pad up wont work. I press it and it dosent go up. Any help on how to fix them, and im not buying new ones cause i just got them a few months ago. Thanks

ScorpionX
09-14-2002, 11:38 PM
My first official controller broke on me :mad: I was playing halo and clicked the right trigger and the control stick collapsed, and the controller just stopped working. The only other one that I had to replace was an S, my friends dumb dog chewed the cord in half. I really like the S controllers though, they are only 30 bucks and really comfortable. ;)

Pipetender
09-14-2002, 11:41 PM
I would just take the controler apart and look and see whats wrong with the button.

CrazyCougar
09-14-2002, 11:43 PM
My two controllers crapped out due to puppy teeth. Oh well anyhow I went to EB and bought 2 new s controllers and also payed $5 extra for a warranty. Anything happens to them no matter what I can return them. She said I can do it 50 times in a year there is no limit what so ever. Might be something you want to check out.

Slacker
09-14-2002, 11:56 PM
I threw My controller HARD on the floor the other day I was expecting it to be broken , but it works fine I threw it because of a stupid glitch in Turok that just left me able to look around and not move I had to quit and start over and this was the second time it happened , anyway just take it apart and see whats wrong , Back in the day I would take Genisis and SNES controllers apart and turn over the contact discs because they would wear out on one side , but flip them over and you got a brand new controller, I never worry about controllers I have 8 Microsoft controllers and three Mad catz I paid five bucks for the MS ones at a second hand store ,

Tinny
09-15-2002, 01:34 PM
I bought a third party controller as my second controller. Screwed up 3 weeks after I brought it plus it was chunky feeling and uncomfortable. Now I stick with the Official controllers. I have a problem with one of them: I will turn to the right slightly and slowly (causing me to spin around) on some occasions. This happens like once every week.