PDA

View Full Version : Is it me, or does OXM suck lately?

Cannibal Corpse
09-15-2002, 01:12 AM
The OXM Demo is load of old demos and the contents of the magazine are not on par with their previous offerings...

I guess that's what happen when you get rich. Oh, that Salmon (or whatever he's called) he's so obnoxious.

Woocifer
09-15-2002, 01:53 AM
I don't think its because they are 'rich' now...I think its that they boasted too much...that they were a project to distribute demos...

but have you noticed something? They are lacking the demos...yet there is that Xbox Exhibition cd coming out at the end of October....I thought OXM was supposed to be the only ones with demos?

Seems their license with Microsoft isn't so water tight...seems that they are just a facade that people were hoping was the truth.

They are garbage...very skimpy...too bad...

xboxmaster2002
09-15-2002, 02:02 AM
the discs have always sucked and the magizines were cool

Snapple
09-15-2002, 08:35 AM
just give it time cause probly this month we will have butt kicking demos and butt kicking videos:rolleyes:

Highlite23
09-15-2002, 09:21 AM
There are rumbling of internal problems at OXM USA, and it shows.:(

09-15-2002, 05:20 PM
yeah what the hell? it does suck lately... the magazines haven't been that good lately, i only glanced through the last two and tossed them. and the demos have been old or sucked, with the exception of timesplittlers IMO. they've picked the wrong time to be sending those notices to renew our subscriptions...

CrazyCougar
09-15-2002, 05:34 PM
I wont be renewing my new subscription thats for sure. Not with the new demo disk coming out, what every 2 months or something like that? XBM was worth it when there was nothing else out there but now they got competition coming and its gonna hurt. Might not see XBM anymore by Christmas by the looks of the way things are going with in the company. Oh well, we'll see. Of course all my own opinion. :D

ShannonX
09-15-2002, 09:05 PM
i renewed my subscription, but of course, i never was getting it for the demos, that was just a bonus. I just enjoy reading the articles and stuff.... even if they are biased.

ZooLaBuS
09-15-2002, 09:17 PM
I still like OXM even though the discs have been lacking.

They still have good reviews and articles.

And the top 10 play hold me up! :-)

HaVoK
09-15-2002, 09:37 PM
I think they're in trouble..... I mean look at the new magazine it is actually like an inch smaller to save on paper cost. And the demo is full of old games. Almost wish I hadn't renewed my subscription.

EHWfedPres
09-15-2002, 09:49 PM
Im still waiting for that big ass Midtown Madness 3 preview that was promised maybe...oh.....5 or 6 issues back...:rolleyes:

And Morrowind gets lover than 9.0, wtf is that shyt? :confused: Buffy gets higher, give me a f-cking break.

crazyotto
09-17-2002, 09:42 AM
what i don't understand is that OXM is all talk, about: official. playable. frist! BS But i when i got to visit best buy and they have a xbox set up with demos you can play and to watch. But half of the ones that are NOT on the OXM disc but are there at best buy?!?!?!?!?!?!?! one game in motion (that wasn't playable) but one to watch over and over was

Steel Battalion

They should have all the games that make it to a retail-stores be in motion on the disc that is official. Maybe? Why renew?

Never mind all the other things they FUBAR: DOA booster disc on (what feels like) 10 discs on a row; DOA with OUT 50 new moves; no sega gt demo (tiwce); a disc with ALL repeats!!

Sorry for venting, I hate to talk bad about xbox but give me a break!

thebox466
09-17-2002, 03:30 PM
yeah, oxm has slacked off lately

GO BUCCS!!!
09-17-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Corpse
The OXM Demo is load of old demos and the contents of the magazine are not on par with their previous offerings...

I guess that's what happen when you get rich. Oh, that Salmon (or whatever he's called) he's so obnoxious. yep. this last issue of oxm was one of the worst. and it had :eek: another halo video and demo. oh yay! like we need more halo!
pfffffft!
yes, oxm officially suckz ballz

fowlowl
09-18-2002, 12:45 AM
I think the video verdict is really f*cking stupid. The first appearance of that sh*t showed that they were slacking off. It peaked at the Halo dream and Timesplitter demo. But with the great holiday season they better pick up the pace.