PDA

View Full Version : What is a decent game library??

Highlite23
09-15-2002, 09:45 AM
Just curriouse how fellow gamers look at the library they own, if they look at all.

Do you just buy games you like, or do you look at your library and say, " I could use a good Party game" or " I could use a good Racing game" etc...

I kinda try and have variety in mine, i have children so i like having titles i can play with them. Don't miss understand, i still am not buying a game that i don't find any enjoyment in playing.

IMO constantly racing or shooting, etc.,.although fun, needs a little diversity to keep it fun.

You know, a solid block of Halo or DTR may need a few hours of Splashdown or Football, you know what i meen?

Anyway, share with the group...............:)

japes1
09-15-2002, 10:20 AM
I am good about knowing which games are worth buying and which games are not.

borka105
09-15-2002, 10:48 AM
I try to keep a good variaty.

I am a harcore action fan at heart, but do enjoy other genres.

I like to have atleast 1 of every genre.

I also try to own atleast 2 multiplayer games, even though 90% I play xbox by myself.

-Borka105

btw, what chapter are you on in dtr? Did you keep buffy?

Markus_Kalarkus
09-15-2002, 11:57 AM
im picky about games. i only get gamnes i know i will like and play. i hate having old crasppy games in my library i never play. see right now the only 2 games i own because there the only ones that appeal to me AT THE MOMENT are halo and nba i.d:)

pieceofmind83
09-15-2002, 12:06 PM
i like racing games like totaled!,pgr and ralisport but not the nascar type games) and horror games,also action but only some.

i only own three games and i am very happy with them,see sig for list. :)

ScorpionX
09-15-2002, 12:13 PM
FPS!

....and RPG games, I don't care for racing or action. :D

Tinny
09-15-2002, 12:58 PM
My list:

Halo
Moto GP
Dead or Alive 3
Enclave
Turok: Evolution
amped
Max Payne
FIFA 2002

I will only classify two of them as GREAT or EXCELLENT: Moto GP and Halo. I will classify three of them as GOOD: Dead or Alive 3, Max Payne and amped. I will classify three of them as AVERAGE or BAD: Enclave, Turok and FIFA.

Not exactly a decent list but then I don't have too much money. I wouldn't mind trading a couple of those games for Hunter, PGR/Wreckless, Buffy etc, but there isn't much trading over here thats suited to me. NEways, when UC comes out...

(I looking forward to Hitman 2, Morrowind, Buldars Gate, Time Splitters 2 and a couple of others aswell) I just have to pick which one I want to buy or not buy...

xboxed79
09-15-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Tinny
My list:

Halo
Moto GP
Dead or Alive 3
Enclave
Turok: Evolution
amped
Max Payne
FIFA 2002

I will only classify two of them as GREAT or EXCELLENT: Moto GP and Halo. I will classify three of them as GOOD: Dead or Alive 3, Max Payne and amped. I will classify three of them as AVERAGE or BAD: Enclave, Turok and FIFA.

Not exactly a decent list but then I don't have too much money. I wouldn't mind trading a couple of those games for Hunter, PGR/Wreckless, Buffy etc, but there isn't much trading over here thats suited to me. NEways, when UC comes out...

(I looking forward to Hitman 2, Morrowind, Buldars Gate, Time Splitters 2 and a couple of others aswell) I just have to pick which one I want to buy or not buy...

ill trade you wreckless for enclave

Tinny
09-15-2002, 01:40 PM
I live in the UK.

peejay2288
09-15-2002, 03:27 PM
My library:
NBA Inside Drive 2002
Halo
NFL 2K3

xboxed79
09-15-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Tinny
I live in the UK.
sorry didnt realize

Highlite23
09-15-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by borka105
I try to keep a good variaty.

I am a harcore action fan at heart, but do enjoy other genres.

I like to have atleast 1 of every genre.

I also try to own atleast 2 multiplayer games, even though 90% I play xbox by myself.

-Borka105

btw, what chapter are you on in dtr? Did you keep buffy?

Borka, Chapter 7.....only because i'm playing The Thing also, and yes i kept Buffy but returned Blade2

JADE8704
09-15-2002, 03:59 PM
anything with halo :)

KviK
09-15-2002, 04:30 PM
My sig

Reclaimer
09-15-2002, 09:09 PM
I tried to get one of every genre.
FPS: Halo
Racing: Project Gotham Racing
Flight: Air Force Delta Storm
Action: Dead to Rights and Gunmetal
Sports: Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Fighting: UFC Tapout

I really don't want to get alot of games. I don't want to say I have every game ever made. Just a few cool ones at least. Plus I rotate games out. I don't see the point in keeping old useless games. I already ditched: WWF Raw, bloodwake and 007. Of course, ditching, I mean trading for others.

borka105
09-15-2002, 09:12 PM
highlite I am on chapter 13, the game gets better and better.

How is the THING, I am really thinking of getting it or Hitman 2. Right now I am leaning towards hitman2, but I am not sure yet.

-Borka105

HaVoK
09-15-2002, 09:40 PM
I just buy what I like

Dead to rights
rallisport challenge
project gotham racing
dead or alive 3
halo
max payne
....and thats it there really haven't been many games untill recently I thought were worth 50 bucks

tWoTOMA
09-15-2002, 09:57 PM
I love my library. I'm a big sports gamer, so I have the best game in each sport, NFL and NCAA 2k3, NBA2k2, World Series Baseball, Fifa, and Hitz. You of course need Halo! I also own THPS2x just for kicks, and for some variety. Then I have the best console rpg ever, Morrowind (which I havent even gotten into yet really), and have max payne to round it out with a nice innovative action game. One thing I am missing is a good racing sim, so i'm hoping segagt can fill that void, although i'venever played it yet. knowing sega, and being a huge mark for thier games, i'm confident it wont disappoint.

Chaotic
09-16-2002, 07:44 AM
Here is my library.

Hunter
DTR
Sega GT 2002
NFL2k3
Enclave
PGR
HALO
DOA3
AMPED
THPS3
NCAA 2003

Commandos 2 tomorrow.
:)

Knight
09-16-2002, 08:50 AM
My XBox library:

Project Gotham Racing
Morrowind
Blood Omen2
Max Payne
DOA3
Buffy
Halo
The Thing
Bloodwake
Spider-man
Gunvalkyrie
Azurik
Hunter the Reckoning
Munch's Oddysee
Airforce Delta Storm

Plus I have alot of PC Games and 17 Dreamcast(had 18 but I traded in DOA2)!! And I'm getting Empire Earth(PC) Soon!!