PDA

View Full Version : Madcatz controllers

Chr0nik
09-16-2002, 11:42 AM
I own 4 controllers, 2 original MS controllers and 2 regular Madcatz controllers.

Both Madcatz controllers have failed me, the thumbsticks have broken. It seems that the mechanism that keeps the tension on the thumbstick is easily damaged. I am 25 and take very good care of my system, but during a routing multiplayer game of NHL Hitz, these 2 controllers crapped out on me. The thumbsticks no longer sit in place and are leaning off to the side with no tension to keep them in place. I have sent an e-mail to madcatz to see if I can get replacements. I just wanted to share this info with some of you who may be contemplating buying these controllers.

Spaztic
09-16-2002, 12:19 PM
I own a mad catz controller and I have never had a problem with it. In fact I consider it to be more durable then the ms controller!

sebs
09-16-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Chronik
I have sent an e-mail to madcatz to see if I can get replacements

They should, mine too the left trigger broke, i sent an email
and they just ask me my name, and where i bought it, 2 days
after i got it, i was REALLY surprised, they did'nt even ask me to
return the broken one!!! They did'nt even ask me for the serial #
of the controller(hey guys don't get some bad ideas)!!

so you should have an anwser!!

Chr0nik
09-16-2002, 01:15 PM
I hope so, I read on the website that they garantee their products 5 years. I don't have the bills anymore, but I can supply S/N's and so on.

Chr0nik
09-16-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
I own a mad catz controller and I have never had a problem with it. In fact I consider it to be more durable then the ms controller!

I have had them for over 8 months now and did not have a problem until now, but I found it odd that they both gave out with the exact same problem at the exact same time.

WOWSY
09-16-2002, 03:55 PM
I like my MadCatz controller except for the right thumbstick is too far toward the middle.

I have been using the Xbox controller as I feel more comfortable with it.

ZooLaBuS
09-16-2002, 06:11 PM
I have always hated third party accessories. They always feel so cheap and break a lot faster. I never buy third party unless I have too. :(