PDA

View Full Version : Quantum Redshift, who likes it?

studepaber
09-16-2002, 01:58 PM
I'm definitely excited about this futuristic racer that ISN'T a Wipeout rip-off as Gamespot more or less described it as in their review. With top notch graphics, particle and weather effects, blinding speeds and great multiplayer options (4 player split and sys link) this looks like a blast! Anyone else plan on puchasing this on Wednesday?

Hugh_Jass
09-16-2002, 08:26 PM
Maybe not on Wednesday, but yes, I plan on buying this title. I love racing games and this one sounds fantastic.

pieceofmind83
09-16-2002, 09:15 PM
as soon i have some money for a game i will,maybe a week or two.

Woocifer
09-17-2002, 08:02 AM
Hugh did you read IGNs take on this game?

It sounds like it looks nice...it runs nice....but it lacks depth. Why don't they just make more tracks, more characters and make it just a little more interesting?

So what if it comes with two dvds...if I had a choice to buy a dvd with 60+ other tracks, I would be all over that to give the game new life.

Hugh_Jass
09-17-2002, 11:16 AM
Maybe we'll see more tracks made available as downloadable content through XBOX Live.

In any case, I get a 60% discount so this game would have to be pretty bad for me not to grab a copy.

Woocifer
09-17-2002, 06:11 PM
I want a 60% discount...prick ;)

Arven
09-17-2002, 11:01 PM
I'm not sure. I guess I'll decide soon, whether to buy or rent first. I was convinced I was going to buy before the IGN review. The Gamespot review I was able to blow off, because, hey, it's Gamespot, and it's just one review. But now two, both saying the gameplay is so-so. Or are they just jaded reviewers who've played one-too-many Wipeouts?

I may take the chance and buy it. The last Xbox game I bought was Morrowind, so I'm itching to buy something. We'll see.

Rager
09-19-2002, 08:50 AM
Got it last night, the graphics are great, the soundtrack is pretty cool as well, I can already tell that I am going to want more courses though, the game physics are killer though. Looking forward to the combat side of the game as well. Definately a good purchase, one quick ***** though, this game is screaming for link and/or live and it aint happening.

Spaztic
09-19-2002, 10:20 AM
I am getting this game very shortly....looks very cool, along w/ commandos2! Who knows I will probably even give terminator a chance as well!

Arven
09-19-2002, 08:52 PM
In spite of reservations caused by the Gamespot and IGN reviews, I bought the game yesterday. I haven't played enough to give a real review, but my impression so far is B+, maybe A-. At least a dozen people have posted similarly positive first impressions at TXB (now down again, sigh), ranging from 7.5 to 9.2. I believe in (usually) the majority opinion, and so far the majority are giving the game pretty good ratings. We'll see how things stack up as people play the game for longer periods of time.

Rager
09-19-2002, 09:29 PM
Still loving it...give the multi player a try ;)

Carnage
09-22-2002, 11:12 AM
im likely going to rent this game first. if i can beat it in the 3 day rental time, theres no sense in paying for it :)

Highlite23
09-22-2002, 08:31 PM
Visually stunnig, blinding speed with out a single glich. Real simple, this one is Fast and Fun. If you like racers, you gotta have this one. I'm going to post a review after a little more playing time. So far i know i'm keeping it in my library.

MixMasta
09-22-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by highlite23
Visually stunnig, blinding speed with out a single glich. Real simple, this one is Fast and Fun. If you like racers, you gotta have this one. I'm going to post a review after a little more playing time. So far i know i'm keeping it in my library.

dude, u get like every good game that comes out!!! i want to rent this game, it looks very fun!!