PDA

View Full Version : Which new 3-D fighter do you think will be the best?

kachingtensor
09-16-2002, 03:43 PM
Barbarian
X-Men: Next Dimension
Kakuto Chojin
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus
UFC Tapout 2
Soul Calibur 2
PrideFC
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Ps2)
Capcom's newly-announced 3-D collection fighter
Dead Or Alive 4
Virtua Fighter: Evolution (Xbox)
Fighting Vipers weapons-based fighter
Spike Out X-treme (arena mode, if it's there)
Fighter Maker 2 (Ps2)

Out of all these I'd expect DOA4 to be the best, but that is just my personal opinion. You know after 4 tries they ought to be able to get it right.

Brutal Grace
09-16-2002, 07:15 PM
Several of those will be good. I'd like more info on the new Capcom game and the rumoured Fighting Vipers game. Hopefully Rare will make a new improved Killer Instinct.

SlightlySycho
09-16-2002, 08:43 PM
New new? As in nonsequel? Kakuto Chojin.
Overall? Soul Calibur 2. Sequel to one of the best fighting games ever. One of the best games ever period.

tWoTOMA
09-16-2002, 10:59 PM
Best Original - TaoFeng
Best Sequel - Mortal Kombat Deadly Aliiance

Boon and Tobias will always make great fighting games, if they are on a team or not. Another game that I am excited about is Kakuto Chojin, which seems a lot like Toa Feng from what I hear, and Soul Calibur 2. I have never played SC1, but I hear it was great, so a sequel for Xbox must be great, right?

Games that I won't even think of? DOA4, Barbarian, and VF4. DOA is awlays terrible with no good story mode, Barbarian looks terrible graphics wise, and VF just dones't do it for me.

David Ezenwa
09-23-2002, 05:01 PM
twoToma, I have one question to ask you. Are you sick or something? Now first of all, I agree that games like Kakuto chojin and soul calibur 2 will be great. But I totally disagree on your comments about vf4 and doa4. First of all, I think the doa series is the best that I've seen in a fighting game. It's the only fighting game I've played that feels like actual 3d. Most fighting games I've played either have ring outs, or the players are inside cages or fences, something like that. And I find it silly that you hate DOA because of the story mode, when the game has far more things that easily compensate for the short story mode. And Doa does have a good story mode. Also, why do you hate Vf4? Is it because it's too difficult for you? I love the vf series and can't wait to get it for the xbox if there's an xbox version coming up. Some people really hate vf because they feel that the game is too difficult for them. Is that your reason? And one more thing, I noticed in your games hated list that you had Jsrf. Come on, man. That game is awesome. Do you hate it because you find grinding on the rails difficult? Or do you hate it because you feel like the game is trying to copy off tony hawk or some other stupid extreme skate boarding or biking game? Now, I apologize if you felt insulted by what I said, but I can't see why you hate the games I mentioned. Oh well, everyone has their own opinions.

Nato King
09-24-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Brutal Grace
Several of those will be good.

Like Brutal Grace said Several of those games will be good. I have good hopes for Soul Calibur 2, Dead Or Alive 4, Kakuto Chojin, and Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance.:)

X-Factor
09-30-2002, 01:39 PM
Hmm...

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance-- rebirth of a legend
Kakuto Chojin-- finally, a new fighting series...
Soul Calibur 2-- sequel to one of the greatest fighters ever
Dead or Alive 4-- if Tecmo uses a new combat system
Virtua Fighter 4.1-- heavily rumored for Xbox

Shadow20002
09-30-2002, 11:13 PM
Kakutou Chojin
DOA Code: Cronus

One of them for sure.

TheCovenant
09-30-2002, 11:17 PM
Soul calibur 2, and marvel vs. capcom 2 and the rumored 3. I love capcom fighting games.

overall thoough.......soul calibur 2......hands down.

mmichael0
10-01-2002, 07:20 AM
I say Fighting Vipers , 3rd time lucky

spliffdUP
10-17-2002, 04:22 AM
Soul Calibur 2 will be the best by far.