PDA

View Full Version : Conflict:Desert Storm is EXCELLENT

Afro Aura
09-16-2002, 11:42 PM
I've been playing this from last friday at I'm here to give you my opinions about the game

I've taken some of this stuff out of my CDS demo post I put in some months ago (or maybe weeks, I'm not sure )

Visuals: are pretty bare at the start but in saying that you do start off in the desert and the only thing you see are mountain sides a bridge and other items, later missions you be fighting in the towns. The character animation is really smooth and fluid and they are nicely detailed, when you get shot you get red marks over your nice clean uniform

Sound: is pretty good with music that sits well with the environment your in, you hear the enemy talking to himself of singing when you sneak behind him, with the jets flying by and vehicles rolling along all sound real enough you also have the option to put your own music in there if you want

Gameplay: is great when you get into it, when you get your first steath killing you'll be looking for the next as you get a point which at the end of a mission you get experience as you start as a trainee (at the moment my soliders are all veterans), the AI of your soldiers (4) are pretty cool if theres loads of enemys down on your throat there always there to help like throwing grenades in there local area hehehe its fun just seeing them fly in the air with the blast, basically they'll cover you when your setting up you C4 or taken out snipers etc etc

The game is great in multiplay up to 3 other people can help in the missions where they control one of the soldiers you're the leader they can be one of these: sniper, heavy weapons expert and explosive expert in 2 player you control another person and the same for player 2 it's a shame that you can't choose which character you want to play as your second in command

Still back on the multiplay area it's a bit jerky in 4 player but it ain't bad, in 2 player it's smooth (there is a bit of slowdown in there but it won't kill the game at all) and there are 15 missions which I'm sure you'd play again as there are 3 level settings

I'd say it's a thinking man shoot 'em up where you find the right place to deploy you men and what you do with them

it's a great game and heres my Rating: 8/10

Chaotic
09-17-2002, 07:42 AM
ehh, Wanna send me a copy?? :) :D

DrUnKtAnK
09-17-2002, 09:17 AM
Um, nice. Can't wait - thanks!

wheatus-frog-uk
09-17-2002, 11:46 AM
Glad to hear you like it!

I was near enough definitly getting this game.. until i played the demo. The demo proved to be a real let down. And then when i seen how much more detail the PC version has it put me right of. The pc version is like full of little huts and everything on the first mission... way more detailed than the demo anyway. (btw- im talking about the xbox demo -vs- the pc demo)

I got Aggressive inline instead, gotta say that kicks ass... since reading your mini report though, i might go rent C: DS anyway!

thanks

dan

DZNUTZ
09-17-2002, 12:38 PM
this game isn't out is it?

if not...whens the release date?

Chaotic
09-17-2002, 12:51 PM
No it's out in the UK.

That's why u need a modded xbox :D :)

Afro Aura
09-17-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by wheatus-frog-uk
Glad to hear you like it!

I was near enough definitly getting this game.. until i played the demo. The demo proved to be a real let down. And then when i seen how much more detail the PC version has it put me right of. The pc version is like full of little huts and everything on the first mission... way more detailed than the demo anyway. (btw- im talking about the xbox demo -vs- the pc demo)
hmmm come on wheatus-frog-uk remember the C:DS is just a demo and it's not a finished game.

In the first mission on the XBOX (the same on the demo) there are huts and goats running around, rent it I'm sure you'll love it:D