PDA

View Full Version : Too many games have been delayed for Xbox!

xboxgamer142
09-17-2002, 05:49 AM
In my opinion, way too many games have been delayed for Xbox. Here is a list of just some of the games:

-Brute Force
-Midtown Madness 3
-Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
-Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
-Panzer Dragoon Orta
-and many more...

It makes me really angry!

BCan
09-17-2002, 05:55 AM
And, what would you prefer? Half finished games, that will lead to the downfall of the console?

Zion
09-17-2002, 07:33 AM
I don't mind them being delayed so they can actually finish the game. Nothing is worse than a half done game.

Besides, I don't have time to play the games that are out NOW!

Hugh_Jass
09-17-2002, 07:41 AM
Nearly all games for every platform are delayed. It's the nature of the business.

Woocifer
09-17-2002, 07:59 AM
It may be the nature of the business, but another natural part of it is: PROVIDE SOME QUALITY SERVICE AND PRODUCTS OTHERWISE YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CUSTOMERS!

The games are pretty lame in the past 5-6 months. And now that we've sat waiting patiently for this 'awesome wave' of new games, they are pulling them further away again. This is annoying. I'm also getting pretty tired of people going, oh well...they will make the game better now...

If these games do not come out with the proper improvements, the touch ups and glamour that they are promising or with the fat trimmed off then its just going to **** me off even more.

Too many companies have claimed they are doing good when they delay. All the titles I've seen come from a delay have STILL been bad.

CrazyCougar
09-17-2002, 10:25 AM
Can anyone b*tching make a game any quicker? If you can feel free to do so. Dont buy them if yer so mad because they are releases late. Games have been released late for years, and years , and years, and years. Its the way its always been and always will be. The late release also builds excitement for their product (obviously ****es a few off too) which creates a demand. Very smart business move that will gain more customers not lose them. IMHO of course.

RudedogX
09-17-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by xboxgamer142
In my opinion, way too many games have been delayed for Xbox. Here is a list of just some of the games:

-Brute Force
-Midtown Madness 3
-Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
-Panzer Dragoon Orta
-and many more...

It makes me really angry!

I seem to remember the same being said about Wreckless and few others that had a lot of hype surrounding them. When enough people got angry enough about the delays, the developers sped them out. Believe me, I don't want another Wreckless! Let them take their time and get their stuff together!

Hugh_Jass
09-17-2002, 11:32 AM
We really don't have anything to complain about. Duke Nukem Forever was accounced for the PC back in 1998 and it still has yet to see the light of day.

Duke
09-17-2002, 11:39 AM
As a mech fan, these delays don't really bother me.

I waited something like 7 years for solaris to come around to full release and it never happened. Another 3 maybe for MPBT:3025 which did have a pretty fun beta, but in the end EA axed.

A few more months while there are plenty of other games to play in the meantime isn't going to have me laying awake at night.

mitchrules1
09-17-2002, 03:12 PM
BRUTE FORCE IS NOT DELAYED

mahalan
09-17-2002, 05:33 PM
The games didn't meet their target release dates. Big deal. As others before have said, I'd rather they finish the game and get the bugs out than release it too early (a la Morrowind).

I wouldn't expect any great games until November at this point. Why release a great game too much before the Christmas buying season? All we'll see before then are titles that can't compete against the Holiday powerhouses. The only exception will be if Xbox Live is released on schedule, then we'll see a handful of great Live titles released concurrently. Then again, Live is pretty much a Holiday release at this point too.

robnyack
09-17-2002, 09:47 PM
i liked Obi Wan...even though at times it definately looked rushed.

as for the release dates being pushed back....everybody does it. It's the nature of the beast. You will learn to never accept as written in stone the release date of any game. If you do not, then you are a fool.

Master Gracey
09-17-2002, 10:34 PM
Delays can be a good thing... the whole argument for my point can be summed up in one word:

Morrowind. :mad:

Woocifer
09-17-2002, 11:46 PM
What's the argument?

Siguy1
09-18-2002, 12:11 AM
Since when did it become illegal to complain when a game you wanted is delayed?

I think it really screws up the xbox's holiday sales and game selection by having all these premier titles delayed.

Master Gracey
09-18-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Woocifer
What's the argument?

"I think I'd like to walk over there..."

YOUR DISC MAY BE DIRTY OR DAMAGED. PRESS X TO CONTINUE.

"I think I'd like to talk to this person..."

"I think I'd like to save my game..."

"Oh crap! I'm getting attacked by more than one thing!"

"There's nothing wrong with my disc! It looks like it I just bought it and doesn't have even the slightest scratch!"

"What the...?!?!"

YOU JUST BROKE YOUR DISC AGAINST THE WALL. GAME OVER.

evil xbox king
09-18-2002, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Master Gracey

"There's nothing wrong with my disc! It looks like it I just bought it and doesn't have even the slightest scratch!"

"What the...?!?!"

LOL :D

LynxFX
09-18-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
We really don't have anything to complain about. Duke Nukem Forever was accounced for the PC back in 1998 and it still has yet to see the light of day.

Don't you mean Duke Nukem Taking Forever? :)

I just hope that when games get delayed that they won't suck. It is a mixed blessing. Sometimes it means that more work is being put into the game so we benefit from a better product. Sometimes it means that we just have to wait longer for the same crappy game. Unfortunately we tend to see the latter more often.

I hope not though because I'm really looking forward to:
-Brute Force
-Panzer Dragoon Orta

Woocifer
09-18-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey

"What the...?!?!"

That's what I was lookin for ;) Don't be afraid to put down the crap we are expected to buy!

Thanks Gracey

FpS_PhReeK
09-18-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Siguy
Since when did it become illegal to complain when a game you wanted is delayed?

Oh you didn't know this is a fanboy site... not a true gamer site where people can see all sides of an issue,,,, its all about hug your xbox and worship of M$ for providing us with the nextgen system that fails to deliver...