PDA

View Full Version : MechAssaut (Update Details)

XboxGamers
09-17-2002, 02:32 PM
Any MechAssault freaks out there like me? hehe! Well Heres some update from a PR.

krn asked about MechAssault. Here's all I know:

Game is a combat game. No building of bases, etc. It is designed to be an action game and not so much a sim.

Game supports system link and online play. Split screen 1-2 player. Online and system link 2-12 players. (12 players head-to-head online, OMG.)

Everything you see is destructible: structures, buildings, bridges, towers, buses. Knock over a tree or set it on fire. Blow out the side of a building, and see the inside, rebar, hanging insulation, shattering glass.

Back an opponant against a building, and rather than shoot your opponant repeatedly, shoot at the building, weaken it, and topple it onto him.

Multiple tanks with different features, weapons, defenses. If a tank has a weapon mounted on an arm and you blow off his arm, he loses the weapon ability.

"Death From Above." Jump on an opponants head, crush the coc-kpit and take him out.

Mid-mission mech upgrades allow you to repair or enhance your mech during a bout.

*** If you play on LIVE, you will be able to download additional mechs. The very first time you play on LIVE, you will get an announcement "You have 2 MECHS waiting!" You will then be able to download two additional mechs to your Xbox that are not included in the game. Xbox intends to do this periodically for a lot of games - even non-LIVE games, to extend the life of regular games. Imagine downloading a whole new mountain for Amped. "You have 1 new MOUNTAIN waiting!"

Finally, besides all these big mechs, there's a little guy called an elemental (This might not be news to some of you, I have no idea if this is a new idea or something that's always been in the MechWarrior universe.) An elemental is a six foot tall guy in an armored suit/jetpack. He buzzes around the big mechs like a little bee. I can guarantee that elemental deathmatches will be very popular. His weapons are not as powerful, but he's very difficult to hit.

JJaX
09-17-2002, 03:25 PM
sweet, FASA rules! :)

Knight
09-18-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by XboxGamers
Any MechAssault freaks out there like me? hehe! Well Heres some update from a PR.

Elementals came into the MechWarrior universe when the Clans did!!

redrum237
09-18-2002, 04:19 PM
No building of bases, etc. It is designed to be an action game and not so much a sim.

Wasn't this supposed to be a mode in the game, did they take it out? Man that sucks if they did, it sounded like fun.