PDA

View Full Version : will you pay for Tekki?

crazyotto
09-18-2002, 06:51 AM
maybe my girl could get that for me for Christmas :( but if it gets to be up in th $240 range it is way out of my/her limits. If $$ wasn't an issuse it would already be a pre-order. just... can't... pay! Any game that is more in $$ than the console it self isn't something i can do. Will you get this good/bad game????

E-Vader
09-18-2002, 07:30 AM
I'd have to read more reviews on it, See it in action before parting with my $$.

If its good I will get it, BTW its around $400 in Aust if it comes out.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
09-18-2002, 08:00 AM
No way, $ 250 is way to much for any game.....i willing to go as high as.....$150 maybe.....but it does looks so sweet.......

Highlite23
09-18-2002, 08:18 AM
I'm assuming your talking about Steel Batalion, if so, the only way this game will have a following is if they have a definate list of games that will be released that are compatible with the controler.

And even at that, i feel most would wait to see the games actually materialize in stores.

$250 is a tough nut to crack for 1 game, and unfortunatly for SB i can think of 5 games i would want that will be released around the same time.

I wonder if i'll be able to rent this bad boy at Blockbuster??:D

JimmieDoogan
09-18-2002, 01:05 PM
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!! I wouldn't even consider for half a second paying 250 to play one game... no where near worth my time and money. If I were rich I wouldn't care, and would probably WASTE the money, but as it stands, there is absolutely nothing of Tekki I care about. I just wanna see it in action, don't really care to play it, and I'm sure no one in Japan is buying it... frickin stoopid to even put it out if ya ask me.

DrUnKtAnK
09-18-2002, 01:54 PM
I would buy another XboX before spending that much on a single game with the controller. It would be slick if they can make a version compatible with the standard controller and just use a bunch of menu's for the other controls....
Anyway, I will have to see it with my own eyes before i would even consider buying it.:eek:

studepaber
09-18-2002, 02:01 PM
I'd buy it.......as soon as my ***** turns pruple and smells like rainbow sherbet. Nah really though I wouldn't even buy it for $150. I'm gonna be bathing myself in Live goodness by then.

Tinny
09-18-2002, 02:17 PM
lol, oh c'mon you guys. This game isn't for casual gamers or general hardcore gamers. It's for hardcore mech gamers! The ones that really want to play a mech game as realistic as Tekki and ofcourse use a pretty decent mech controller. Plus Capcom didn't have us (casual and hard core gamers) in mind when making Tekki and the controller. Sheesh, I wouldn't mind just seeing the whole switching on the VT thing works. I won't by buying this game but I am damn well going to have a go as soon as I can find a Kiosk for it!

PS. I might get it when it comes out for only £100. £80 - 60 for a second hand. So I pretty much have to wait a year or more after it's release before I can finally own it. That or I can sell 30 of my games. :D

Slacker
09-18-2002, 02:30 PM
Hasn't Capcom said Numerous Times it won't be 250.00 it will be 150.00 , and if its 150.00 it aint that bad , anyway 250.00 bucks is chicken feed I spend that in a night out

DZNUTZ
09-18-2002, 03:58 PM
yea....but not all of us have to pay for luvin like u slacker.

anyways....i won't buy it...its not really as much as a money issue for me either....but if i'm gonna blow 250 bones....i can think of many other things that would be boughten first.

JeremyX
09-18-2002, 04:17 PM
I'd rather buy another Xbox so me and my brother could play on seperate tvs all of the time.

Afro Aura
09-18-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Evil_Dr_Beefy
No way, $ 250 is way to much for any game.....i willing to go as high as.....$150 maybe.....but it does looks so sweet.......
I'm with the Dr I think $150 is a reasonable price for a game, as he said it looks sweeeeeet

maneatingcow
09-18-2002, 07:17 PM
TEKKI WILL NOT COST $250

Since that's settled....

I will be there the day Tekki comes out to pick it up. It is a sweet looking game, and extremely innovative... I just need to find some space for the controller.... :eek:

Waffle.

wweomaniac
09-18-2002, 07:19 PM
OK... here's the deal... if it costs more then 2 games, I'm not buying it. Too bad.

It's just way too much. I'll have to read the reviews too.

I wouldn't mind trading for the game. :D

Piccolo_DBz
09-19-2002, 03:01 AM
If it's 150 YES I will get it. If it stays 200 I may not.

Yannie Boy
09-19-2002, 10:32 AM
you guys i guess haven't seen Steel Batallon in action. go to [url]www.tekki.jp[url] here you can see the robots. weapons. and the game in action and even if the game is 200 dollars look at it this way there not gonna make a 150 game controllar for one game there gonna have to come out with other games to use the controllar maybe a gundam wing game who knows. just go to the site and youll be amazed at what you see. just be able to have complete interaction in the game...... man i don't know what else to say. if you had my knowledge right then youll be wanting to get the game impoted right now even if the game is coming out in november. you guys dicuss me in judging a game when you have no clue what it is and how the game is played...... Chupacabra is mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrazyCougar
09-19-2002, 10:52 AM
That controller is just toooo much price wise and depth wise. I bet it for some it will be a prized possesion and for others it would just take up space. Personally I have a problem with 6 buttons, 2 triggers and 2 analog sticks at times...LOL! So I know this controller wont be for me. But I would like to see someone who knows what they are doing use it.

So in summary to me its not worth the money, but to somone else its worth more. Have fun with it whoever buys it.

whatsyourprob?
09-19-2002, 11:22 AM
i was going to get this game... playing mechwarrior at dave and busters got me hooked on mech games, but theres no way i can afford it now that i made the move to DSL for Live... cost 320 in fees and hardware for the 1st month and 73 the next 11 =[ hope unreal is good, cuz thats all ill be playing for awhile =[

Duke
09-19-2002, 11:27 AM
Assuming that the price is $150 (just because this seems to be the general consensus) My main problem will be how to play this.

The controller seems large, even considering the number of buttons and such. I have a small room and no table between by bed/couch and my TV. Sure I could move a box or something to play, but I'm not sure how it'll all work out.

All that aside, as long as the game lives up to its hype, I'll probably buy it. Would be nice if it was a persistent universe, (maybe it is, but I haven't seen anything that states that.) but hopefully it'll get me by until they finally release the mech game that I've been waiting for lo these many years.

ShannonX
09-19-2002, 12:35 PM
from what i read over at gamespot, the controller is really plastic feeling (since its all plastic i guess). Doesn't have alot of weight to it and they felt like the actuall controls for movement and trust would break (joysticks). Said it was fun though, but no force feedback which kinda sucks, a game like that really should have some sort of force feedback to make it more realistic.