PDA

View Full Version : Issue #12 OXM is OUT!

Game_Geek
09-18-2002, 08:35 AM
http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_45751542a0d8ba9a2ed2bdc2a50cd76a/i-1.JPG

:eek: :eek: :eek:
PGR2 NEWS!!!!

Demos!!!

November 2002 Xbox Magazine With Demo Disc. The Magazine is New Factory Sealed. The Demos included are: Madden 2003, NFL Fever 2003, NFL Blitz 2003, Agressive Inline,Sega GT 2002, and Time Splitters 2. This is the 1 yr XBOX anniversary edition.

Ebay Link
HERE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1381841196)

Highlite23
09-18-2002, 10:12 AM
Are you serious:rolleyes:

Game_Geek
09-18-2002, 10:53 AM
WTF are you talking about ,I did provide proof. :mad:

Woocifer
09-18-2002, 11:11 AM
Tell me this...why exactly would they cut that graphic of Gotham Racing 2 on the top? It's clipped and looks totally unprofessional. Just because it has the same font face and style does not sell me on the fact that this have been clipped, chopped and screwed with.

Sorry man but I don't believe it either...

Game_Geek
09-18-2002, 11:20 AM
I think you don't want to believe cause the demos suck. Issue 11 did say that they would give alot of new information on PGR 2, and PDO.

Highlite23
09-18-2002, 11:23 AM
Actually my comment was more directed at the fact your posting it to sell as a collectors edition or something.

Game_Geek
09-18-2002, 11:48 AM
I didn't list the item, somone else did. Iam just pointing out that the issue is out and someone has posted it on EBAY, I' am just listing the source of my information. Wouldn't you think that OXM would do somthing like this, because it is the Nov issue, and the Xbox came out in Nov, its a no-brainer.

Highlite23
09-18-2002, 11:56 AM
My appologies then, I have no reason to NOT believe this is the actual Nov. mag.

JimmieDoogan
09-18-2002, 01:00 PM
Yet another crappy demo disc... are we ever going to get to play something thats not out THATS WORTH BLOODY PLAYING! All latest demo discs have been worthless... and the mag is crap considering the FACT that when I read it, I've already read every last bit of news they have, due to plain and simple fact that I have the internet. I have no use for a magazine with OLD news. I just want good demos... they can't offer that. In fact, I will go as far as to say that OXM is the worst offical magazine I've ever bothered with. So far, Dreamcast is the only offical mag I'd ever been totally satisfied with. At least they could bring demos out of games that hadn't been out for months, or on the demo disc a million times (i.e. the very boring Time Splitters 2). Oh well... I guess if something has to suck about Xbox I'd rather it be this than the system.

chili325
09-18-2002, 01:26 PM
I believe u...and for all of u who say that its a crappy demo disc u may be asking to much. I too had high expectations but have come to appreciate the games which they provide. GT2K2 for instance or blitz( a game that i really wanted to play for fun without spending money)

JimmieDoogan
09-18-2002, 01:33 PM
Hmm... well since I can rent or buy these games, there's no reason to play a demo, when I can play the full game. Seriously.... Asking too much, maybe their just offering too little... Even OPSM gets better demo discs than us... if that isn't pathetic I don't know what is... If Xbox is so much better than PS2 (and it is) than why can't the Official Magazine properly represent that notion????????????

Kortiz
09-18-2002, 04:16 PM
what do you guys all expect to be on the demos?

just curious, not a flame, just want to be informed, i dont generally buy OXM, so please do tell me!

MixMasta
09-18-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH

just curious, not a flame, just want to be informed, i dont generally buy OXM, so please do tell me!

people wanted a splinter cell demo alot since the uk got one!

XboxGamers
09-18-2002, 04:47 PM
Can't wait for it in the mail!!

XslayerX
09-18-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta

people wanted a splinter cell demo alot since the uk got one!

wait wait wait...the UK got a demo of splinter cell?!!??!

SlightlySycho
09-18-2002, 08:30 PM
Pheh, who needs the demos? The movies they put in more than make up for their lackluster quality. I just wish they had put a Ninja Gaiden or DOA Xtreme Volleyball trailer in last month's issue. It would have gone well with their cover feature.

Knight
09-19-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho
Pheh, who needs the demos? The movies they put in more than make up for their lackluster quality. I just wish they had put a Ninja Gaiden or DOA Xtreme Volleyball trailer in last month's issue. It would have gone well with their cover feature.

If you go to Gamestop you can get a XBox disc with the Ninja Gaiden and DOA Xtreme Volleyball trailers!!

CrazyCougar
09-19-2002, 12:05 PM
I just got the mag in the mail today.Just kidding! LOL! But usually around the 20th - 22nd of the month I get the magazine like clockwork. So its probably a good assumption to say the mag is printed and ready to be distributed. We'll see. Unfortunately I have 6 months of subscription to suffer through. I have a funny feeling that I wont get all 6 issues either. I give OXM til Christmas before its demise. WOnder if I'll get a refund if that happens?...LOL!

Duke
09-19-2002, 12:17 PM
Might be true Couger, I've already gotten 4 renew subscription letters and I've only had OXM for 4 months. Looks like they could be hurting for cash.

Personally though, I like OXM, it's got a lot of problems, but I figure it'll get better if it can stay above water.

Game_Geek
09-19-2002, 12:27 PM
I'm renewd till 2003 :( If OXM doesn't pickup, no OXM for me in 2003.:mad:

thebruce
09-19-2002, 12:36 PM
just to reiterate, the latest OXM UK does NOT have a demo of Splinter Cell

ShannonX
09-19-2002, 12:55 PM
i get renewal forms for all my magazines many many times and months before my subscription expires and yes, even when i first get it, they offer you "special savings"....

i'm glad i didn't get the magazine just for demos then =) i enjoy sitting in a couch with a magazine and reading it, it lets me get away from the damn computer which i'm at nearly at all day as it is.

Save me Jebus
09-19-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH

yeah i'm tired of everybody always whining about the demo disk, its better then nothing
i swear if next months demo doesnt include the playable demos of halo 2, doom 3, project ego, and madden 2004 they will be all ****ed and say they wont resubscribe...

Woocifer
09-19-2002, 05:34 PM
What part of the fee do you think goes towards the DVD with the demos? The magazine is NO WHERE NEAR worth the 10 (can.) dollars that I pay for it if the DVD is useless...otherwise it should be a 5 dollar or less magazine. There are hardly enough pages of content to warrant its price... so hell yes I'm going to complain that the DVDs are just rehashed every issue.

I also happen to get the issues 2 WEEKS after it comes out on the shelves...don't even try to defend a company that is so far behind, dishes out so much crap and repeats itself over and over again, in which half the time its all about useless rumours that never seem to happen.

I enjoy reading the magazine...but it just has too many flaws NOT to complain.

I'd still buy them if they had pertinant and interesting information in them, but really this subscription has been a portion of wasted money.

xega
09-19-2002, 07:00 PM
i agree...i also get my mag like 2-3 weeks after it comes out in the news stands. don't know why they can't deliver the mag on time to everyone.

Save me Jebus
09-19-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer
What part of the fee do you think goes towards the DVD with the demos? The magazine is NO WHERE NEAR worth the 10 (can.) dollars that I pay for it if the DVD is useless...otherwise it should be a 5 dollar or less magazine. There are hardly enough pages of content to warrant its price... so hell yes I'm going to complain that the DVDs are just rehashed every issue.

I also happen to get the issues 2 WEEKS after it comes out on the shelves...don't even try to defend a company that is so far behind, dishes out so much crap and repeats itself over and over again, in which half the time its all about useless rumours that never seem to happen.

I enjoy reading the magazine...but it just has too many flaws NOT to complain.

I'd still buy them if they had pertinant and interesting information in them, but really this subscription has been a portion of wasted money.

its good to know that you luv oxm:cool:

hiter101
09-19-2002, 11:49 PM
if that are the demoes WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had my subscription for 3 months and all i get is timespliters its like the president of oxm is the main character LEAVE TIMESPLITTERS ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the other deomes sound good but wtf is up with timespliter that game is comin out of my arse already :( :mad: