PDA

View Full Version : Im sure glad I rented NFL 2k3 because it is garbage!!!

maximan00
09-18-2002, 02:51 PM
Wow..I never knew a football game could be so bad. Every year i buy Madden. This year NFL 2k3 seemed to get alot of positive press but before I bought it I figurerd that I would rent it instead. Im so glad I did because for the last 5 days I have wanted to throw my controller through my TV. The game is bad. In rookie mode I beat the computer 40 to 7. In pro mode I throw 7 interceptions and lose 9-0. Everytime I threw a pass it would get intercepted. It is very annoying. Also the penalties are for the birds. I cant believe the CPU never commits a foul but everytime I throw a pass for 20+ yards it gets called back on a holding penalty.

I guess it is a good thing that I only wasted 5 bucks renting it instead of 50 buying it. I am going to pick up Madden tonight enjoy what Im used to. I do have to admit that NFL 2k3 is very nice looking graphically.

Pipetender
09-18-2002, 05:54 PM
So what your saying is that you want to win at every level right away and without practice. That sounds very intelligent.

maximan00
09-18-2002, 06:51 PM
no, i want to play a fair game against the cpu...its not the skill level. its the fact that the cpu plays flawlessly..

Woocifer
09-18-2002, 08:02 PM
I agree...NFL2K3 was so damn cheap it wasn't funny. It's not that you want to win every game, but it would be nice to feel like you're actually participating on their level...or more be able to compete!

The game isn't balanced very well.

Pipetender
09-18-2002, 08:09 PM
Both of you are so wrong. Why don't you actually play the game for a week and maybe, just maybe you might get better! What a concept!

peejay2288
09-18-2002, 08:53 PM
You guys are @ssholes. If you don't like the game then go back to playing fever where you can win every game and have fun pretending like you know the mechanics of footbal. You have to have football knowledge to play 2K3. Obviously you guys don't have that.

Pipetender
09-18-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by peejay2288
You guys are @ssholes. If you don't like the game then go back to playing fever where you can win every game and have fun pretending like you know the mechanics of footbal. You have to have football knowledge to play 2K3. Obviously you guys don't have that.

Finally someone with common knowledge! ;)

Zion
09-18-2002, 09:22 PM
NFL2k3 is NOT for the weak.

If you need a kiddie game, get Madden or Fever. If you want the best football game, get 2k3.

maximan00
09-18-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Pipetender

Finally someone with common knowledge! ;)

what are you tending to peejay's pipe? Damn, you people on here are so friggin' narrow minded. Peejay, you called me an a$$hole because I dont think like NFL 2k3? I am an a$$hole because of my opinion? Think before you speak sh*thead...

Not for nothing pipetender, but you are taking this whole NFL2k3 thing way to seriously. You really need to find another outlet for your energies..

CrazyCougar
09-18-2002, 11:40 PM
2k3 and Madden are good in their own respects. I prefer 2k3 but won't say Madden is a bad game. I like both!! Yes 2k3 is difficult but with some playing time the wins start to come. I went 7-9 my first season with 2k3 , so its possible to win. The computer does make mistakes but it depends on what team you are up against or using. I have NCAA 2003 , Madden and 2k3 and like everyone of them. For all of you flaming EA for not going online with LIVE, hey thats your perrogative. And its EA's perrogative to not bring it online, hmmm smart business decision maybe? But it seems to me that a lot of you must have really liked Madden before and just jumped on the 2k3 bandwagon because of what EA did. That pretty pathetic. EA has made football gaming what it is today, and I applaud them. And now Sega will force EA and hopefully Microsoft to get better next year.

As for Fever, HA!! HA!! HA!! Its not even worth commenting on. Now that is a lame football game, even for 10 year olds. Of course this is all IMHO!

KingAvi2k3
09-19-2002, 02:47 AM
Here's my point of view. Back in the days, I still remember my step-son and brother-in-law playing Madden by like around December of 1994. I didn't like the game. The game display 4 or 5 plays your opponent might run. This wouldn't catch my interest in playing video football. In October of 2000 my step-son who was 24 years old kept coming to me and telling me about how he's playing online against people from all over the states. I would tell him how I'm playing people all over the world in chess. One day in November of 2000 watch him play sega NFL2k1 and got hooked on it. I went out out and got a dreamcast system and NFL2k1. I'm still hooked on sega NFL2k series. Madden for understanding how football should be played, but when it come to skillz. You need skillz to handle the CPU. If you can beat the CPU or lose by a little margin. You just have develop skillz. NFL2k series is a man game plain and simple. Sega NFL2k3 is to hard for Madden and Fever players age 5 thru 18. Big different between a man game and kids game. That's all folks!

Fluff E
09-19-2002, 05:42 AM
i think you got it all wrong nfl 2k3u have to have skill to play cant just pick any play and exucute(sry for spelling) u have to plan unlike fever which i was going to get but until i rented it it sucked cause it was the same game and every one ran like 200mph.madden i havent played yet so im not judjeing that but if you want to actually have skill when you play then get 2k3 if not fever or madden....cya:cool: :cool:

Robflare
09-19-2002, 12:55 PM
I bought 2k3 and laid out a posting saying "I can't win", but after giving it some time and actually paying attention to what I was doing wrong, along with the help of some of you guys, I can play well. 2k3 will actually make you a more knowledgeable football person, if you put the time in. As for Madden, I think it comes down to what pace game you prefer and whether or not you want all the bells and whistles that go with it. I could personally take or leave training camp mode, but I would rather have players look like football players vs, bobble head dolls, so I took 2k3. Neither game is garbage though!

DZNUTZ
09-19-2002, 03:52 PM
well maxi...i guess thats your opinion.

personally i agree with others in this thread and think that u didnt' give it a fair shake.

imo...and i've been playing football games for aover 15 years.

i think 2k3 is the best to date.

once again...imo.

Pipetender
09-19-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by maximan00

what are you tending to peejay's pipe? Damn, you people on here are so friggin' narrow minded. Peejay, you called me an a$$hole because I dont think like NFL 2k3? I am an a$$hole because of my opinion? Think before you speak sh*thead...

Not for nothing pipetender, but you are taking this whole NFL2k3 thing way to seriously. You really need to find another outlet for your energies..

Heh, ok..... I'm the one taking this to seriously? You're the one with the paragraph post full of garbage that you had to get off your chest. Welcome to XBA n00b!

maximan00
09-19-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
well maxi...i guess thats your opinion.

personally i agree with others in this thread and think that u didnt' give it a fair shake.

imo...and i've been playing football games for aover 15 years.

i think 2k3 is the best to date.

once again...imo.

thanks for a mature opinion. I respect that.

maximan00
09-19-2002, 10:07 PM
Pipe, I think you are taking this too seriously because Im not the only one you have gone after for thinking that NFL2k3 plays unfairly. I can respect an opinon. I hope you would do the same...

Halo Evolved
09-20-2002, 08:17 AM
Heck, when I started 2k3 I struggled to get the hang of passing to open receivers and have them actually hold onto the ball when they got it. The running game is very good and is a nice challenge.......I can't stand constantly running the ball from my 25 to the endzone most of the time in a single game (titles will be withheld for their own protection). 2k3 has everything that is NFL.....if you watch the games and follow the season like any fan you'll see stuff in 2k3 that you probably saw in a game the week before. The atmoshere in the title can't be beat...hell you'll swear you're watching a broadcast with that ESPN license and the weather effects. 2K3 has really beefed up it's name with this installment into the 2K series and the animations to the models are all very excellent.

Visual Concepts really goes the extra mile in re-creating the adrenalin found on the grid iron.

Craig35_007
10-02-2002, 08:50 PM
I have played both extensively and like both to a certain extent, but I prefer madden. I'm not a guy that likes realism in video games, because the fact is playing a realistic video game isn't very fun, I would rather go out there and play football then play a 14-7 football video game. I think madden is fun as hell, it plays fast and is fun, making incredible plays is part of the fun. I like nfl2k3 too, but the receivers not holding onto the ball really ****es me off, if you guys are pledging all of this realism, why is it everytime a guy catches the ball in traffic he gets hit and he drops it. I can see this being a good feature for some of the time, but it happens over 75% of the time, ridiculous. I will say Madden is the exact opposite and the guy usually catches the ball every time, but I guess I'd rather have it that way then dropping it most of the time.

peace