PDA

View Full Version : Nascar Thunder 2003!!!

Zion
09-18-2002, 10:36 PM
SHIPS TODAY!! YAY!

Smartparts
09-19-2002, 09:39 AM
I saw that it shipped and am considering buying it, but when I tried EA's website to get info. it was down for maint. Does anyone know if there will be a Heat 2003 or not (I haven't heard anything about it, so I'm guessing not)? I didn't play either of the 2002 offerings as I purchased my Box after the price decrease and figured I'd wait for the new version of the games. But racing w/ 42 other cars will be sweet!

Zion
09-19-2002, 11:10 AM
No Heat anymore :mad:

But here's some info about Thunder 2003 from EB:

* Become a NASCAR Legend - Go deeper than ever in Career mode. Compete for top sponsors, the best crewmembers, and the latest racing technology during 20 seasons.

* Make NASCAR History - Relive over 30 "MRN Moment of the Race" scenarios from real-life NASCAR races in Lightning Challenge. Each scenario is explained by the NASCAR driver who lived it first and features the actual MRN radio calls. See if you can match his feat or do him one better.

* Get Your Thunder License - Interactive instruction from "The King" himself, Richard Petty, and NASCAR's top drivers puts you behind the wheel and teaches you the best driving lines, brake points, and all the nuances to get you driving like a pro.

* Complete Control of Your Car - More realistic vehicle dynamics, including tire grip and wear, handling and suspension, and collision physics. Entry-level control gets you on the track while progressively more challenging control delivers deeper simulation.

* More NASCAR Than Ever Before - Compete on six new infield Road Courses and one new Super Speedway, trade paint on all 23 NASCAR Winston Cup tracks, or go back to the '50s and take a spin on Daytona Beach road course.

* Intense NASCAR Action - Witness spectacular crashes where blown tires shred, and sparks, dust, and car fragments fly - avoid car parts and other on-track debris or you'll be out of the race.

* Motion-Captured NASCAR Pageantry - Feel the tension build with dramatic pre-race camera fly-bys, and experience the emotion of victory with driver celebrations, trophy moments, and fireworks.

* Thunder Plates - Earn over 100 Thunder Plates to unlock cars, drivers and tracks as you prove your NASCAR expertise.

* Quick Cautions and Pit Mistakes - Get real-time updates and TV-style recaps. Keep on top of your pit crew as their mistakes could cost you the race.

A lot of the modes sound like last years Heat :rolleyes: but I can't wait to race ON THE SAND at Daytona!

BullitNC
09-19-2002, 11:55 AM
There is a 2nd Nascar game coming out later....EA isn't the only one. I think it's called Dirt to Daytona...will have Craftsman trucks, dirt tracks w/ late models, and Winston Cup.

Halo Evolved
09-19-2002, 03:32 PM
Eh, I got kind of tired of the NASCAR games seeing as they have had little improvement over the installments..........I mean saying the player has total control of the car isn't anything new.

TheGiant99
09-27-2002, 04:46 PM
I rented Thunder 2003 and holy shat is this game fun :eek: I am gonna go out and buy it as soon as the rental period is over. I recommend this game to anyone. I had been playin GT but finished it as it was the shortest racing game I have ever played but loved every second of it and want more. But Thunder seems to be a game that will keep giving for awhile. I really enjoy the Thunder Challenges were the driver gives you a scenario and you gotta go do it. I tell ya what it was kinda hard avoiding the big one at Talledaga (Mike Skinner Challenge). And for all those Heat fans out there I will have to say Thunder will make you just as happy. I plyed Heat on my PC but I think I like Thunder more.

I am Happy To Own
--------------------------
SSX Tricky,DOA3, Outlaw Golf,MotoGP, RalliSport Challenge,SegaGT2002, WSB, Madden 2003, NCAA 2003, and last but not least HALO:D

Goku_69
09-29-2002, 10:27 AM
I've been playing Thunder for days straight now it is awsome!!:cool:

Zion
09-29-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by TheGiant99
I rented Thunder 2003 and holy shat is this game fun :eek: I am gonna go out and buy it as soon as the rental period is over. I recommend this game to anyone. I had been playin GT but finished it as it was the shortest racing game I have ever played but loved every second of it and want more. But Thunder seems to be a game that will keep giving for awhile. I really enjoy the Thunder Challenges were the driver gives you a scenario and you gotta go do it. I tell ya what it was kinda hard avoiding the big one at Talledaga (Mike Skinner Challenge). And for all those Heat fans out there I will have to say Thunder will make you just as happy. I plyed Heat on my PC but I think I like Thunder more.

I am Happy To Own
--------------------------
SSX Tricky,DOA3, Outlaw Golf,MotoGP, RalliSport Challenge,SegaGT2002, WSB, Madden 2003, NCAA 2003, and last but not least HALO:D

Man, you should play Nascar Heat from last year.....Thunder is still trying to play catch up to that game. Especially in those challenges.

nascarfan515
09-30-2002, 09:26 PM
I have this game and so far it FROZE on me 10 times..Trying to take it back to the store and see if i can get a new copy.I heard that the xbox laser is the reason for the loock up.i might return the game and wait for need for speed 2

Zion
09-30-2002, 10:20 PM
Dang, that sucks. I've played Thunder for hours at a time with no lockups.

TheGiant99
10-01-2002, 03:52 AM
Same here alot of hours played no lock-ups. But then again alot of people say games lock up. I havenever had a game lock up on me since buying my xbox.

kevgt2000
10-02-2002, 11:15 PM
birthday gift from them to my girl heheh so i bought thunder 2k3 for 35 bucks :) and need for speed got bad reviews, just so you know

Zion
10-03-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by tinkle drinker
is this game worth buying?
rate it from 1-5

If you're a Nascar fan = 5

If you're not a Nascar fan = 0