PDA

View Full Version : Ripping EA Copnstantly...

CrazyCougar
09-19-2002, 01:10 PM
I am so tired of reading people ripping EA's products constantly. EA's sports products have brought the gaming level to where it is now. And now Sega is looking to compete with them. EA makes a great game and just because you are mad they didnt go online doesnt mean you should rip EA apart. Fine if you are upset with that fact, I wish theyw ent with online too, but I also realize they have solid titles that I enjoy playing. Madden is a solid football game as it always has been. I like 2k3 more this year but I have Madden too and play it just as much. As for hockey, no doubt I will buy Ea's title, but I will give 2k3 a swing also. I am so sick of hearing the constant ripping of EA. An opinion is one thing but flaming them is another. Knock it off! I am not a fanboy of EA so dont even go there. I am just mad at the fact some of you have blinded yourself to seeing a great game just because EA has its name on it. Open your mind a little. =)

In summary, I am looking forward to ALL the titles available to us from ALL game companies. Of course this was all in my opinion, so let the ripping of CrazyCougar begin because I know there are guys out there that cant resist.

Zion
09-19-2002, 02:42 PM
Let's look at the facts, shall we?

Madden - Spanked by 2k3

NHL2002 - Spanked by Hitz and soon to be 2k3.

Tiger Woods - EA shunned the Xbox last year, but all previous versions are spanked by Outlaw Golf.

F1 - Spanked by 98% of all other driving games. Shunned the Xbox this year. Not even a port. Talk about lazy.

Nascar 2002 - Spanked by Heat, but I'll give credit to EA for at least supporting the Xbox with a new Nascar game this year...even though it is a crippled port.

Triple Play - Spanked by All Star Baseball, both are spanked by 2k3.

NBA Live - Spanked by 2k2 and soon to be 2k3.

Superbike - Shunned Xbox on this one, but they knew it would be Moto GP's beeeyotch so they decided not to bother.

Freekstyle - Shunned the Xbox but I rented the Gamecube version. Worst motocross game I've ever played.

Are you noticing a pattern here?

EA is NOT making friends by telling the online community to F off.

EA is NOT making friends by not adding any new features to their games.

EA is NOT making any friends by not at least porting over the crappy games they DO have.

But despite EA's paltry efforts, I do have Nascar and Need For Speed pre-ordered. So, I don't hate EA just because they are EA. I don't hate everything EA does. I just hate the half-arsed/no feature/bad port/don't care games that EA puts out, and that's MOST of what EA puts out.

robnyack
09-19-2002, 08:09 PM
EA NCAA 2003 - not only did it kick the snot out of sega's version, but it's one of the best football games of ALL TIME

Zion
09-19-2002, 11:14 PM
I had actually forgotten about NCAA 2003, which does in fact beat Sega's since NCAA2k3 uses NFL2k2's engine. Sega dropped the ball there.

NCAA 2003 is even better than Madden 2003...of course that's not hard to do. I still prefer NFL2k3 by a long shot.

Halo Evolved
09-20-2002, 08:22 AM
EA does some good titles......Triple Play is crap when it comes to recreating baseball overall......I grew tired of hitting homerun after homerun.

Ea did great with the College game even though the game has some bland commentary.

Knockout Kings is a favorite of mine, Black Ops does good work when it comes to KO Kings.

NBA Live is too boring to play......I stick with NBA 2K

NASCAR is a good title, if you like the whole NASCAR thing.

I happen to Like NHL titles by EA...this years version is looking very sharp with alot of upgrades and new additions.

But when it comes to Football Madden changes very little from year to year.

CrazyCougar
09-20-2002, 09:38 AM
Wow , positive words for EA finally. Thanks guys. I will be the first to agree Triple Play is absolutely horrible. And as for Madden not changing much, that is very true, but they have never had any solid competition to have to change anything to make it more appealing. The comes Sega! EA will have to step up to the plate next year and deliver a homerun in all their sports categories because Sega is looking to be the Big Dawg in town. I love gaming company competition!! Its always good for us gamers!!

But there is one thing I have to say, NHL Hitz did not "spank" NHL 2002. Hitz is an arcade hockey, while NHL is a hockey sim. There can be no comparison between the two. I loved playing hitz because it was fun. And I liked playing NHL because it was hockey! And comparing it to 2k3 which isnt out yet just isnt fair. SO Zion, even though you say you arent an EZ hater, I have to think you dont even give them a chance because EZ'a name is on a game. They are not half assed games. Except for Triple Play...LOL!