PDA

View Full Version : What "SECRET" game will Blizzard unveil at TGS?

wweomaniac
09-19-2002, 03:11 PM
Ok... check this out:
http://www.blizzard.com/

tick tick tick.

Towards the beginning of the month, reports surfaced that said Blizzard would be showing off an all-new game at the Tokyo Game Show on September 20th at 9 AM. Earlier this evening, on Blizzard’s official Web site, a special countdown clock was unleashed. The clock currently it sitting at 19 hours, 27 minutes and 18 seconds (at the time of this report) and seems to be counting down to the official TGS announcement. Of course while the platform of this upcoming game is still unknown, this clock at least gives those hyped on the possibility of a console version of World Of WarCraft or perhaps a third installment of the Diablo series something to do while waiting for TGS to start.

Diablo 3?
Star Craft 2?
World of War Craft for XBox?
Other?

wweomaniac
09-19-2002, 03:42 PM
Yeah... that was what I thought.

Either starcraft and/or other.

not Diablo III plz. !!!

Ronald_mcd
09-19-2002, 04:49 PM
goto starcraft2.com and there is a countdown

wweomaniac
09-19-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Ronald_mcd
goto starcraft2.com and there is a countdown i think you figured it out.

it isn't on diablo.com. or warcraft.com

Knight
09-19-2002, 05:14 PM
It will be World of Warcraft for XBox!!

Cool8man
09-19-2002, 05:17 PM
Starcraft 2 exclusive for Xbox ala GTA3; completely 3D you take the role of the terran marines fighting your way through the Zerg and Protoss ala Halo. During the game you can pilot the various Terran vehicles tanks, planes, mechs, etc. Oh yeah and Xbox Live support.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :confused:

DrUnKtAnK
09-19-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Cool8man
Starcraft 2 exclusive for Xbox ala GTA3; completely 3D you take the role of the terran marines fighting your way through the Zerg and Protoss ala Halo. During the game you can pilot the various Terran vehicles tanks, planes, mechs, etc. Oh yeah and Xbox Live support.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :confused:

Please tell me more, I need more input ;)

KviK
09-19-2002, 05:26 PM
You fools.

TGS = Console show.

SC2 = PC game.

SC2 = Not coming out till 2004-2005.

Blizzard currently has no plans for SC2, Blizzard is currently working on world of warcraft.

So it is most likely to be world of warcraft, or a new game. I just hope its not diablo 2, and sc2 would be nice but wont happen.

wweomaniac
09-19-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by KviK
You fools.

TGS = Console show.

SC2 = PC game.

SC2 = Not coming out till 2004-2005.

Blizzard currently has no plans for SC2, Blizzard is currently working on world of warcraft.

So it is most likely to be world of warcraft, or a new game. I just hope its not diablo 2, and sc2 would be nice but wont happen. I still think its Star Craft 2. A few more hours and you shall be proven wrong. Or me.

KviK
09-19-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
I still think its Star Craft 2. A few more hours and you shall be proven wrong. Or me.

The only possible way it could be SC2 is if they release a keyboard for xbox. Blizzard knows a RTS doesn't sell on a console without a keyboard.

Remember the n64 days ? they learned from it.

wweomaniac
09-19-2002, 05:49 PM
i wasnt talking about sc on xbox.... sc2 on pc. I know SC won't do well on xbox.

Cool8man
09-19-2002, 05:50 PM
Realistically I think it's probably a Star Craft game similar to MGS where you take the role of a Terran Ghost. For some reason I don't get the feeling that its going to be an Xbox exclusive game. It will probably be for all consoles or PS2 and Xbox.

KviK
09-19-2002, 06:50 PM
Ya it would be SC2 ... but isn't TGS a console show only ?

KviK
09-19-2002, 07:15 PM
15min later.. i still can't get on the site.

mitchrules1
09-19-2002, 07:18 PM
I'm on the site and nothing has changed yet. No info yet

MidniteArrow
Now the name www.blizzard.com is not resolved. Looks like someone screwed the pooch on this one.

Cool8man
http://home.socal.rr.com/dieselstation/stuff/scghost.jpg

MidniteArrow
09-19-2002, 07:21 PM
Cool... can't get into the site. Any text to go with the picture? Xbox exclusive maybe?

wweomaniac
09-19-2002, 07:34 PM
hoyl shtiitiit!~~~~~~~~~

i'M SOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASDFUKLASDHFKLJASDHF AHHH!!!

iM SHO HAPPy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT EVEN TYUPE NOW!!!!!

KviK
09-19-2002, 07:34 PM
I TOLD YOU IT WASN'T SC2.

This is a 3D SC tactical-action game. Here's the site
http://www.blizzard.com/ghost/

screenshots
http://www.blizzard.com/ghost/screenshots/

wweomaniac
09-19-2002, 07:41 PM
I TOLD YOU IT WASN'T SC2.

This is a 3D SC tactical-action game. Here's the site
http://www.blizzard.com/ghost/

screenshots
http://www.blizzard.com/ghost/screenshots/ this basically is SC2...
Anything with the SC before it I'll consider SC.

KviK
09-19-2002, 07:46 PM
this basically is SC2...
Anything with the SC before it I'll consider SC.

No its not SC2 lol. Are you going to call world of warcraft "warcraft 4?" no.

SC2 will be the same as SC1 but with 3d graphics and new units etc. This is a FPS style game you ignorant.

wweomaniac
09-19-2002, 07:48 PM
I can't quite figure out if this game will be for xbox only. Appearantly... there is an article about this game at cube.ign.com but i can't get on there.

Q: Why is Blizzard Entertainment® entering the console arena?
A: We began our early development efforts in console gaming, and we have always been excited about returning to this arena. Additionally, we've wanted to revisit the StarCraft universe for some time. With StarCraft: Ghost, we are able to do both. Also, due to the game's control interface and tactical-action nature, developing this title for the next-generation console systems makes the most sense. In addition to expanding StarCraft's rich storyline, the game gives players a chance to experience the sci-fi universe from an all-new perspective. it says "next-generation console systems" so it may not be an exclusive :(.

but strange because the pic above only showed xbox.

wweomaniac
09-19-2002, 07:49 PM

No its not SC2 lol. Are you going to call world of warcraft "warcraft 4?" no.

SC2 will be the same as SC1 but with 3d graphics and new units etc. This is a FPS style game you ignorant. but by SC 2... I just meant a new Star Craft game coming out. I never meant for it to be a 2d rts.

For instance... do u really think that theyre going to stay with a 2d-like design for Diablo 3?

KviK
09-19-2002, 07:51 PM
but by SC 2... I just meant a new Star Craft game coming out. I never meant for it to be a 2d rts.

For instance... do u really think that theyre going to stay with a 2d-like design for Diablo 3?

It will still be diablo 3 with 3d graphics.

This game is not the same genre as the other SC. This is a complete new game SET in the SC world.

SC2 is coming in 2004-2005

wweomaniac
09-19-2002, 07:55 PM

It will still be diablo 3 with 3d graphics.

This game is not the same genre as the other SC. This is a complete new game SET in the SC world.

SC2 is coming in 2004-2005 yes... I understand that the next Starcraft RTS isn't coming out for a bit now... I'm just saying... I mean the next SC in any form.

and perhaps the next Diablo will be first person. lets talk aboot the upcoming sc rather than argue.

MerimacHamwich
09-19-2002, 07:55 PM
Starcraft Ghost. I first person shooter in the world of StarCraft.

shawn03
09-19-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Starcraft Ghost. I first person shooter in the world of StarCraft.
It's 3rd person I believe.