PDA

View Full Version : Piracy

Aaron
04-26-2001, 08:33 PM
I was wondering.. since dreamcast was supposedly so secure cause of its higher capacity disk, and xbox is using normal storage (i think) do you think piracy is gonna get rampant, cause obviously they are gonna find a way anyways to get around it, but do you guys think it will be a butt load easier?

KevinM
05-02-2001, 11:40 PM
My bet is the harddrive will play a major role in the pirating of XBOX games. I'm sure the warez guys already have an sdk (anyone can get one) and are making apps to rip games to the drive already. My guess is that it will only take a matter of weeks before the XBOX titles are warezed if not before then. Anyone care to make a wager??

ozenplayer
05-17-2001, 04:05 AM
man anything on cd can be copied!!!!!! just ask bill himself

Aaron
05-17-2001, 01:03 PM
Well i think i care to change my opinion seeing as i just found out the cd's will hold 8 gigs :( and the burner for those type of games will cost over 1000 and the cd's are around 75... so it would be pointless... damn.

Xbox Master
05-17-2001, 04:38 PM
Why? Were you going to go rent the games you want and burn them so you get the game for free?

Aaron
05-17-2001, 05:01 PM
no way! the way i look at it is that if the game is well thought out, it desrves my 40 bucks. I would only burn a game if it was a rare game or not that great. But with microsofts demo plan, i think we will all be well informed gamers!