PDA

View Full Version : How is the Xbox Fairing against the GC Worldwide?

Xaminor
09-19-2002, 10:12 PM
Software and hardware please and please provide proof. I am sick and tired of GC fanboys at the forums I go to, talking about how successful the GC is compared to the Xbox in Japan.

Well **** Japan, I can care less, I beleive the Xbox is doing better worldwide and that is all that matters.

Duke
09-20-2002, 03:41 AM
Well with 34 views and no replies be happy w/ what you get.

Anyway, from my understanding the only place that xbox is beating the GC is the US. GC is definitely winning in Japan, and I'm more than 80% sure in Europe and the rest of the world too.

Just remember that the goal of MS with this first console is to build a fanbase, which it is doing. Sony and Nintendo have name recognition in the marketplace (as far as consoles go) that MS just does not.

MS numbers have been climbing, but if you want to see a definitive xbox advantage, it won't happen until the next generation is launched (soonest)

If you actually research the numbers, xbox is climbing steadily, it'll just take time.

evil xbox king
09-20-2002, 04:31 AM
Xbox is beating GC sales wise in Australia so you can go over to your world globe that's spinning around next to you and draw a big green X on it!

adzmullz1
09-20-2002, 04:12 PM
The only place the GC has a lead is in Japan . Japan , europe and the U.S all have different leading consoles at the moment :

Japan : GameCube
Europe : PS2
U.S : Xbox

Don't worry though , the Xbox will have all three dominated in the very near future , lets see what happens after christmas shall we ??????

Uchiha Sasuke
09-20-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by adzmullz1
The only place the GC has a lead is in Japan . Japan , europe and the U.S all have different leading consoles at the moment :

Japan : GameCube
Europe : PS2
U.S : Xbox

Don't worry though , the Xbox will have all three dominated in the very near future , lets see what happens after christmas shall we ??????

Umm hate to break it to you but the ps2 is the top console in all those areas of the world.

Afro Aura
09-21-2002, 06:13 AM
Hey don't worry man I was just like you like someone has said in one of the posts PSX and the PS2 had no competition when it was first brought out and Nintendo has recognition, the XBOX will succeed, give it time let those people get there hands on the GC and the PS2 they will be running back to the shops with their toy and be begging to get it exchanged for a real console

It's doing fine over here in the UK and let those people who go on about the GC is succeful over there, sure it's doing fine over there it's a Japanese machine just like the PS2 the XBOX is a US machine it's doing fine over there

Just give it time mate the XBOX will be standing proud very soon

X-Factor
09-22-2002, 08:44 PM
PS2: 30 million consoles sold since launch
GCN: 5 million consoles sold since launch
Xbox: 4.5 million consoles sold since launch

robnyack
09-22-2002, 08:51 PM
PS2: 30 million consoles sold since launch
GCN: 5 million consoles sold since launch
Xbox: 4.5 million consoles sold since launch

source, please.