PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 1942?

rebeltide0024
09-19-2002, 11:55 PM
I got it for PC on Tuesday going to have to upgrade from 128 RDRAM to 256 or something, going to get a Geforce4Ti 4400 probably from a Geforce2 MX400.

On EA's site Battlefield 1942 for Xbox is not listed. This is pretty scary just becuase this game has so much potential on Xbox and with Live.

On DICE's site, dice.se, it is still listed as under development.

Just kind of odd, that it would be listed before under EA's site, then taken off.

???
Has EA done the unthinkable
???
Can Microsoft get EA to put this on Live

Whoopage
09-19-2002, 11:59 PM
dude...i don't really know nething about what you posted...

but i saw the Relient k in your sig and i was like 'SWEET!'

or something like that...neway....Relient K is awesome dude...they are coming out with another new cd this coming summer too

Duke
09-20-2002, 03:36 AM
Well as far as I know (and I've spent a lot of time looking into it) BF:1942 will definitely be released for xbox, but no live.

Although it's really popular, I've heard/seen bad points made about the pc version. I just hope it's fixed by the time it's made available for xbox. Anyway, one of the main reasons I wanted this game was that it was originally announced as an XBL title. But with EA behind the wheels, it would take a miracle.............

GokuX
09-20-2002, 11:04 AM
I think this game will explode with XBL. It's an awesome game on the PC, so I know it'll kick on the XBox. Plus the lag issues will be ironed out by the time it hits XBL. This would be the game to save your money for in the world of XBL.

swing007
09-20-2002, 11:50 AM
I think if there is no online features to this game it will do ok at best... I've played the game and to be honest the game is awesome in multiplay, but the single player doesn't really hold my attention...

No Online Play = No purchase

Xtopia
09-20-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by rebeltide0024
I got it for PC on Tuesday going to have to upgrade from 128 RDRAM to 256 or something, going to get a Geforce4Ti 4400 probably from a Geforce2 MX400.

On EA's site Battlefield 1942 for Xbox is not listed. This is pretty scary just becuase this game has so much potential on Xbox and with Live.

On DICE's site, dice.se, it is still listed as under development.

Just kind of odd, that it would be listed before under EA's site, then taken off.

???
Has EA done the unthinkable
???
Can Microsoft get EA to put this on Live

I went to www.ea.com

hit games

hit BF42 official site

and then I read "also coming to Xbox." Must have just added it:rolleyes:

LynxFX
09-20-2002, 03:39 PM
The only way this game will be successful on the Xbox is if it is Live enabled. The game has the absolute worst AI I've seen in a game since Daikatana. It basically makes it near unplayable in a single player environment.

Now multiplayer rocks!!

GokuX
09-20-2002, 04:00 PM
Yeah definitely wouldn't have purchased it if it was just SP.

JimmieDoogan
09-20-2002, 04:28 PM
Unfortunately it will not have XBL support... What a suck bag huh... EA has opted not to support XBL in any way, which is why I will not be supporting EA in anyway. I don't even like their sports games anymore (cept madden, but even that's a moot point) so I say screw. They are not needed, especially when we have companies like sega, who know how to capture a hockey game almost perfectly (lets hope I can take that almost out when it debutes on Xbox!!!!). And I can't wait for NHL2k3 XBL !!!!!!!! OMG, that is like my sole reason for wanting XBL.

rebeltide0024
09-22-2002, 12:10 AM
Hey Whoopage, yeah RK is awesome, Im going to see them when they go to Houston. Get this song, Keith Green "Asleep in the Light"

Yeah Xtopia i went on the official site I saw the Xbox logo on the bottom of the screen, but I wonder if that is something that just havent got around to taking off yet. They have taken off everything else.

Single player is pretty bad so far, because your guys just do the dumbest things.

I think if Microsoft cant get BF1942 on Live, they should do something like a 1st Person Close Combat 6 on Live, take the best parts out of MOHAA, BF1942, and World War II Online, and make the next-generation WW2 Squad Combat. But just thinking about how immersive they could make this is scary. Youre playing NBA2k3 and a message pops up from your division commander saying that all troops are needed at this sector &and& immediately. I also think that you should have to go to a training thing as in America's Army so you could decide to be in the Fallshirmjager, the Waffen-SS, Heer, Luftwaffe, Kreigsmarine, so on if you were the Germans, or the Airborne, Marines, so on if you were with the Allies. Specialization would also a key. I think that the ability to be in a tank, drive a jeep, fly an airplane, and then like commandeer a submarine is fun, but stupidly unrealistic.
Make yourself like part of a unit, and you have a job in the unit.
Maybe this is a little too realistic sounding. Ideas, criticisms, whatever are welcome.

Sidenote: I saw something in Computer Shopper this month about a possible port of America's Army to Xbox. Any more news anyone knows?