PDA

View Full Version : I played xbox and gamecube. (Please read)

Codemaster211
11-10-2001, 08:43 PM
Of first and formost. I am buying an xbox. So please don't call me a gamecube fanboy.

First I'll give my review on the gamecube.

I was in toy's-r-us looking for a copy of halo when I saw it. The gamecube stand. I thought what the hell. What kind of gamer would I be if I didn't at least give it a try. So I walked up to. And my first impresion was **** that thing is small. I mean it is friggin tiny!!!!!!!

The controler is nice. I don't like the lack of buttons though.

I played star wars rogue squadren for it. After playing it I almost felt compelled to buy a gamecube(mainly just for this star wars game) It is probably the best star war's game out there bar none.

So after playing the gamecubes best game. I'd have to say if you like nitendo buy one. It's not that bad. Just not my cup of tea(I couldn't/can't think of any game other the star war's that I would want for it)

Then I went to K B toy's and bought halo(happy,happy, joy, joy :))

I took it to wal-mart. After a little coaxing I was able to talk them into letting me play it.

I was kind of in between on the xbox's controler. It reminded me of a dreamcast controler(which is cool since the dreamcast is awsome) But i thought it was a little to big (I'am a 17 year old man so I don't have small hands. Just in case you were wondering). But after a few minutes of playing halo I feel in love with the xbox controler. It was perfect for this type of game :)

Halo is just awsome. I don't think there is a launch game better then it. I know for a ****in fact that there is no better fps!!!!!!

So after playing xbox I say buy it. Don't even think of gamecube. Just buy the xbox.

A funny thing happened when I started playing halo. A friend of mine came up and started bashing the hell out of halo. He started talking about how you don't start out with a gun. The fact that you can't see your hands.

And then..

he left. He didn't even stay to watch me get into some real action(at the beginning you have a little trainning siminar) What an ass!!!

I would still be playing but i had to head home(have to work tomorrow). I ended the game when I accidently ran over one of my guys:(

kiz10
11-10-2001, 09:00 PM
Cool. I'm from Australia and the Xbox is not gettting launched until March. Dont u feel sorry for me. You get the Xbox in 5 days, i have to wait 3 months.

- Kiz

dd5
11-10-2001, 09:05 PM
i cant wait 5 days!

Rancey
11-10-2001, 09:07 PM
kiz10> Actually WE have to wait until atleast April....which is 5months (march would be 4)

kiz10
11-10-2001, 09:11 PM
U must be an Aussie???Ive seen signs up evrywhere saying the xbox will be released late February early March. My local gaming store said so too!!

- Kiz

dd5
11-10-2001, 09:13 PM
i still cant wait 5 days!

Rancey
11-10-2001, 09:28 PM
mmm...that is strange...when was the last time you checked? My local EB says April every day I ask them if they got a release date yet :) Also Europe is getting it in March and they already have a release date, so if we don't have a release yet it would make me think we get it later. The only thing I have seen for it is some 'teasers' on foxtel.

dd5
11-10-2001, 09:30 PM
uhm cant you import xboxes in the us to the uk? i know im nutz but crazy idea kinda like importing japan ps2s

Rancey
11-10-2001, 09:32 PM
I am almost sure you can't play PAL games on an NTSC system. On the US game boxes in the bottom left corner it says only for use on an NTSC system...so unless you wanna import all your games from US aswell I don't recommend importing just yet...I am gonna try get more info and if I find out you can (which I highly doubt) I will post it.

dd5
11-10-2001, 09:35 PM
well somone better coem up with something or all my british friends are gona come over heres one message I recived

*hey dd ya dont mind me coming over to your house for a few weeks do ya, no I dident think youed mind mate ill start packing my bags*

HELP!

Pimpn419
11-11-2001, 12:40 AM
I really hate that... people who won't admit the power of the xbox and have to hate on It. The same thing happend to me when I was playing Halo.. some little kids came up and were like, "those graphics look the same as PS2". I didn't pay any attention to them.. If they didn't like It.. they didn't have to buy It! Plain and simple.. but the dude next to me couldn't do the same.. he started barking at the little kids furiously about how the xbox kicked the s*** outa thier puiny @$$ PS2 ect. ect.

-Matt