PDA

View Full Version : DTR Chapter 12 (defeating the Mayor)

Pimpn419
09-20-2002, 12:20 PM
How In the **** do you beat this guy? I know you're supposed to run around wearing him down and then choke his @$$ but he ****'s me up before I even get his health knocked down half way. Is there some other way you're supposed to beat this guy down or what?

-Matt

Pimpn419
09-20-2002, 02:32 PM
Never mind guys. I've beaten the mayor but now I'm stuck on chapter 14's boss. The dude from another country that you gotta keep from jumping outa the plane. How are you supposed to beat that guy? I know you've gotta shoot the bottle outa his hand some how.. do you have use the auto aim button?

-Matt

studepaber
09-20-2002, 03:04 PM
Stay back where the AK is (it keeps respawning) and shoot him until he drinks from the bottle. Once he does that run to the middle of the room, get in 1st person mode, shoot the bottle and retreat back to where the AK is and repeat the process until the bottle is gone. After that stay back where the AK is and keep shooting him. . He's cake if you do if that way.

Pimpn419
09-21-2002, 12:32 PM
Yeah, that guy was a piece of cake.. I beat It right after I typed that out. Thanks for the advice though. Now I'm stuck on the level where you have to run around picking up rocket launchers trying to shoot down that damn hellocopter. This level sucks!! Any pointers on this level? I cover my back, get the first rocket launcher by the fountain, kill the dude shooting at me with the other rocket launcher, cover my back, shoot the chopter 2x, then run back behind a pillar, cover my back, get the other rocket launcher (this Is where I start getting f***** up), try to cover my back and get back down (or go up) to where I can shoot the ******* again, then find the other rocket launcher, and try shooting it 2x more before I die. I know after you shoot It the last 2x you still need to shoot some bullets at It In order to destroy It.. but I keep dying. Is there another way to go about It?

-Matt

RudedogX
09-21-2002, 12:55 PM
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23074

Check that link out. That's where I showed how I was able to beat it.

Pimpn419
09-21-2002, 02:19 PM
Ok, now that I've blown the hellocopter out of the sky... how am I supposed to beat the boss?

-Matt

RudedogX
09-24-2002, 08:21 AM
Which fight of him are you on? There are two separate stages. If you're in the one in the main lobby you just dodge him when he charges with the shield. He'll hit the water and electrify himself. Do that enough times and you're off to the final battle.

****SPOILERS****

Ok, here's an easy way to beat the last guy in the final battle sequence. Stand in the corner of the doorway. Here he won't throw a punch until you do, so you can get him down pretty quickly. Eventually he'll open the furnace (about halfway through). Here, you just do the same until his life bar is about as low as it will go. Once he's at this point, you've got to position yourself so you can either punch him or throw him into the furnace. He'll charge you, and you just punch him in one more combo and you win.