PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster - Expanded game section my @$$!

Master Gracey
09-20-2002, 05:05 PM
They may have made their video game section larger, but where are the Xbox games?!?!?! Oh yeah... they've got plenty of PS2 titles. Even the less popular ones are in stock the day they're released! But how many games are currently out on Xbox? I'll bet we're nearing 150. How many are in stock at Blockbuster? About 20!!!! 20 frickin' titles!!! And they're the boring crappy ones that I don't want to play!!! At least 12 of them are sports... MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA. The rest are fighters or boring crap like Fusion Frenzy.

How am I ever supposed to know if a game is good if I can't rent it anywhere? I have a coupon for rent one get one free, and I can part with $5 to find out that two games aren't all they're cracked up to be, but $100 plus tax is a bit hard on the wallet. And it's not like I live in some out-of-the-way town where you can't find anything... this is Denver for crying out loud!

I'm just really mad right now... I was looking forward to trying out Totaled and Taz Wanted, and now I sit here at my computer wishing I had something new to play on my one day off work in the last two weeks.

Casper
09-20-2002, 05:13 PM
Well, my Blockbuster has about 40 titles, with the newest being The Thing and Turok, which I rented both last week. Sorry about that, but hey, why not say something to their manager...it can't hurt, right?

CrazyCougar
09-20-2002, 05:24 PM
Yeah just for kicks the other week , because I have see this post before, i counted the titles at my local BB. They had 70 titles in stock with multiples of the most popular games. That darn game pass (that i have also) is the only reason for a lot of them not being available to rent. People rent the good ones for all 30 days of their freedom pass. But Blockbuster is the best place to go in my area.

japes1
09-20-2002, 05:28 PM
I hate video game rentals, they get all the good copies.

Zion
09-20-2002, 08:42 PM
Yep, my Blockbuster has at least 60 games..the Xbox section is over twice as big as the Gamecube section.

Master Gracey
09-20-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Zion
Yep, my Blockbuster has at least 60 games..the Xbox section is over twice as big as the Gamecube section.

Oh man... we have two Blockbusters within 5 minutes of our house, and they both have more GC games than Xbox. In fact, if you took the Xbox selection at both stores and combined them, they'd probably come close to equalling the GC selection at just one of the two stores.

aircobra
09-20-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey

Oh man... we have two Blockbusters within 5 minutes of our house, and they both have more GC games than Xbox. In fact, if you took the Xbox selection at both stores and combined them, they'd probably come close to equalling the GC selection at just one of the two stores.

i hear ya, i have 3 BB's close to my house and none of them have a good selection of Xbox games. and it takes them way to long to get new releases in (if they even do).

Highlite23
09-20-2002, 10:59 PM
Gotta give my BB props, they have all the new games in stock 9 times out of 10. And always have used games for sale. I would follow the prior recomendation and make a comment to the MGR.;)

plpkb
09-21-2002, 12:31 AM
I went to two BB's today with the rent 2 for 1 oxm coupon and I left with nothing. Both stores have around 35 xbox games each. I guess thats what I get for living in the hood.

Kraft
09-21-2002, 12:54 AM
I like fusion frenzy...

xboxmaster2002
09-21-2002, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by casper
why not say something to their manager...it can't hurt, right?

well the manager really doesnt have control of that we get them from our corprate place.

Reversion
09-21-2002, 08:20 AM
blockbuster is ****ing retarded i sware, whoever makes the desicions and gets paid for it needs to be kicked out, in australia they have about 30 ***cube games right? if you look at ***cube sales stats its clear they are at least 30% less then xbox but they have about 90% more games?

I mailed blockbuster and got no reply.. ****ing retards they are.

Buccaneer21
09-21-2002, 08:46 AM
Just go to Gamecrazy at Hollywood Video. They have a better selection and are a dollar cheaper to rent there.

CrazyCougar
09-21-2002, 09:43 AM
All of our Blockbusters in this area are indepently owned. They are not part of the corporate franchise so maybe thats why they have a better selection. I did speak to the manager at my local BB and he put Sega GT on the list of games to bring in. I love my Blockbuster!!!

AmpedRider
09-21-2002, 11:08 AM
damn gracey that sounds like my part of denver lol im in highlands ranch and two blockbusters with **** titles are 5-10 min away

Master Gracey
09-21-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Monky
damn gracey that sounds like my part of denver lol im in highlands ranch and two blockbusters with **** titles are 5-10 min away

And I'm in Littleton, so there are FOUR BB's out here with horrible selections!

I lied... there are three Blockbusters within 5 minutes of me... one near Ken Caryl, one near Southwest Plaza and one near Columbine. I forgot about the one near Ken Caryl because they don't even carry games (it must be a franchise store.) I'm pretty sure the other two are corporate though.

The nearest Hollywood is 15 minutes away... I wonder what their selection is like?