PDA

View Full Version : The Thing Need some help please!!

Slacker
09-20-2002, 05:27 PM
Is there a Strategy to killing the Big "things" is it a Hit~n~Run combat I read that flame throwers are the only way to kill the big ones is that true?? so does any one have a good strategy to killing them or any hints or tips

I am at the lab , and combating the big two clawed Badd a$$ in the growth chamber I have beaten him twice but I still haven't made it past the one in the hall on the way back because my Health is so low by the time I get to him

Halo Evolved
09-21-2002, 04:27 PM
the big "things"?

You mean the walkers....you have to pummel them with ammunition till their indicator turns red and than you quickly switch to the flame thrower to toast their a$$e$. usually backing away while using the flame thrower is best since they can either try to get away from you while on fire or simply run head on at you trying to take you down with them.

Tip: Use your Med Packs wisely, if you have a medic around make sure to protect them and/or give them a nice gun with plenty of ammo since the medic can heal you and your team when needed.

Tip: Be sure to observe your team throughout the game, you will notice strange behaviors with them as like them taking off for a short amount of time, backing away from you, and so forth. This is a pretty good indication that this certain member is infected and will change soon.

Digitech
09-21-2002, 05:18 PM
IGN has The thing statagy guide. It's for the general public right now.

Digitech
09-21-2002, 05:19 PM
IGN has "The Thing" strategy guide. It's for the general public right now.

Slacker
09-21-2002, 08:45 PM
Kick ass, thanks guys , the shooting until the indicator turns red then the flamethrower should totally help I have been tryng a hit and run , with the flamethrower and only the flamethrower so its been brutal

Knothead
09-25-2002, 02:14 AM
WTFs IGN?

Digitech
09-25-2002, 08:55 AM
www.ign.com

You'll see for yourself.

Knothead
09-25-2002, 10:48 AM
thanks for the web site, but i went there and couldnt find a walk through for the thing...... anyone know where to find it?